The Difference On Nirmale And Taksalis?

amardeep

I thought DDT were an offshoot of Nirmalas with heavy leanings towards the Khalsa way of life.

DDT could not be an offshoot of nirmala. DDT have the mission to teach correct pronunciation of Gurbani and to teach arth and uthanka of gurbani. you imply that nirmalas were not to teach khalsa way of life.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I have read some things on here http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/article_samparda_kartar.html

http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/article_samparda_bhindra.html

here are some quotes with sources to back them up:

‘Baba Deep Singh Ji Shaheed-----Till now in their Missal the leaders that have succeeded each other one after another and their companion Sikhs -------. The present Jathedar is Baba Kundan Singh.’

‘Gurmat Rehit Maryada’, Baba Gurbachan Singh Khalsa ‘Bhindrawaley’, Pa.129

‘To carry the distortion further, the Bhindrawaley Taksal now claims to be the spiritual descendants of ‘Damdami Taksal’ (Spiritual lineage of interpreters of Adi Guru Granth) of Baba Dip Singh, although all the followers of Baba Dip Singh and Baba Gurbaksh Singh died to the last man for the sanctity of the Golden Temple. They left no successor. Sant Sundar Singh founder of Bhindrawaley Taksal was student of Sant Gulab Singh, a Nirmala Saint and actually belonged to the Amritsali Taksal. I had the opportunity to meet Sant Inder Singh, brother of Sant Sundar Singh many times and got first-hand material about the Saints life from Sant Gurbachan Singh. Sant Inder Singh died at the age of 104.’

‘The Turban And Sword Of Sikhs, Prof.Trilochan Singh, Pa.390

‘Before Bhindranwalla Jatha, the ‘Taksal’ (school) of Dam Dama had numerous branches teaching to understand Sikh scripture. They did not serve in any way less [than Samparda Bhindra].’

‘Amrit Jiwan’, by Dr Sher Singh Giani, Appendix Pa.230

‘This Dam Dami Taksal - this ‘Dam Damas’ name they [Chokh Mehta] say. That they have just attached that name to themselves. Dam Dami Taksal’s master was Baba Deep Singh Shaheed. Baba Gurbachan Singh himself employed his [baba Deep Singh’s] great name because he himself was a Nihang Singh always alert. He had lived in the ‘Dal Panth’ (Budha Dal) amongst Nihangs.

He had said:

“Lets call it [samparda Bhindra] Dam Dami Taksal there where Maharaj created the Guru Granth”.’

Nihang Baba Mehr Singh, transcript of interview, Summer 2003

‘This Dam Dami Taksal - this ‘Dam Damas’ name they [Chokh Mehta] say. That they have just attached that name to themselves. Dam Dami Taksal’s master was Baba Deep Singh Shaheed. Baba Gurbachan Singh himself employed his [baba Deep Singh’s] great name because he himself was a Nihang Singh always alert. He had lived in the ‘Dal Panth’ (Budha Dal) amongst Nihangs.

He had said:

“Lets call it [samparda Bhindra] Dam Dami Taksal there where Maharaj created the Guru Granth”.’

Nihang Baba Mehr Singh, transcript of interview, Summer 2003

Nihang Niddar Singh: “I have been unable to find any references to Dam Dami Taksal in any ancient texts. In British records there are only references to Akali Nihangs, Udasis and Nirmalas only. Do they [Dam Dami Taksal] not exist?”

Piara Singh Padam: “Taksal has no special mention. They were ‘Gupt’ (hidden].”

‘Listen to the story of Gurbakhsh Singh Nihang and learn. Attained well did he martyrdom at Amritsar. He was a Nihang and a great warrior. Wore he blue dress and kept the conduct well. Waking in the morning he drank Sukha. Becoming intoxicated he brushed his teeth.’

‘Pracheen Panth Prakash’, 1832, Expurgated by Vir Singh, Pa.414

‘Listening [to coming of Afghans] the Singhs got ready weapons and chain mail they adorned on body. Chatka goats, they drunk goblets of opium and Sukha, Gurbakhsh Singh was the groom others the wedding party.’

‘Naveen Panth Prakash’, Giani Gian Singh Nirmala, 1899, Bhasha Vibhag, Pa.928

‘Q:Sant Gurbachan Singh was initiated into the Khalsa at Budha Dal?

A:Yes.

Q:What was his ‘Maryada’ (tradition)?

A: His ‘Maryada’ - at first he drank ‘Sukha Sukhnidan’ (a protein drink laced with cannabis – a favourite amongst all Nihang Singhs). Even when he stayed with Sant Sundar Singh, he ground ‘Sukha’ because he was used to this in the ‘Dal’ (ie, the Budha Dal). He fully respected the ‘Dal’ it was not otherwise. Sant [Gurbachan Singh] was a very good poet what ever sermon was given in morning [by Baba Sundar Singh Ji] he use to by evening turn it into poetry and read it translating it to the Sant who was greatly pleased by this. The Sukha etc……. Meat he had already given up on coming to Sant Sundar Singh - because from there [budha Dal], he had come over here [samparda Bhindra]. ‘Sukha’ he then gave up when he attained responsibility of leadership.’

Giani Gurdev Singh, transcript of interview on October 2001

‘Q: Did Sant Gurbachan Singh accept the traditions of the Nihang Singhs that they have come from the beginning?

A: Yes absolutely.

Giani Gurdev Singh, transcript of interview on November 2001

‘He [baba Gurbachan Singh] never said that you don’t eat meat. They use to say it is the Panth’s traditions [to eat Chatka] but giving wisdom use to explain that, “Oh revered one by eating that which causes pain to body and the mind fills with vice is ruin.” [translation of a quote Guru Adi Durbar], understand because your eating habits have effect on your spiritual state. How is your food - so is your mind….. He said it is not an absolute rule that you do not eat meat. Eat but when there is need for it for instance in battle you are fighting at that time in battle you cannot get anything else to eat. At that time to eat meat is not a sin because then you are to sacrifice your own life.’

Giani Gurdev Singh, transcript of interview on October 2001

‘They [Chowk Mehta] just make it all up [referring to the lineage to extending to Akali Nihang Baba Deep Singh]. Jarnail Singh did not get the turban of succession. The turban was given to Mohan Singh. He was given the turban. There [bhindra], four villages heads gathered, at that time at present I do not know, at that they said who ever those four village heads accepted as worthy of the succession turban they bound it upon him. At that time, the ‘Dera’ [the Bhindra temple complex] was run by Mohan Singh. He [Kartar Singh], did not even stay in the Dera. He was very ‘Krody’ (aggressive/argumentative) in nature even though he was the student of the same teacher [as Baba Mohan Singh, ie. Baba Gurbachan Singh].’

Akali Nihang Baba Anoop Singh, transcript of interview on 1/4/2004

LOL! Jagdeep's bias coming out in his 'research' for Sarloh.

I know some of the people mentioned as interviewees personally, and they have the utmost respect for the Taksal. Quite a few Nihang Dals have always sent Bhujangis to learn Santhiya from various branches of the Taksal, and continue to do so.

How about asking Baba Nihal Singh Ji, Baba Surjeet Singh Ji, Baba Joginder SIngh Ji, Baba Avtar Singh Ji, Baba Prem Singh Ji, what they think of DamDami Taksal?

There has to be a limit to ego and hate.

LOL! Jagdeep's bias coming out in his 'research' for Sarloh.

I know some of the people mentioned as interviewees personally, and they have the utmost respect for the Taksal. Quite a few Nihang Dals have always sent Bhujangis to learn Santhiya from various branches of the Taksal, and continue to do so.

How about asking Baba Nihal Singh Ji, Baba Surjeet Singh Ji, Baba Joginder SIngh Ji, Baba Avtar Singh Ji, Baba Prem Singh Ji, what they think of DamDami Taksal?

There has to be a limit to ego and hate.

hmm interesting :)

the way i see it is that Nirmal Panth is a way of life, a jeevan. Just like Udasi and seva panthi way of life. There is no such Taksal way of life. Taksal is a jatha, not a samprdaye, so even if there was no mention by any texts, it makes no difference. Also, no matter what londonjat puts up, we have it in Sant Gurbachan Singhs own words.

And as for 4 villages getting together to decide who gets taksal pagg, thats just so silly, that "4" villages can get togther anbd decide something like that. If i were you i would keep that hidden.

Edited by chatanga1

the way i see it is that Nirmal Panth is a way of life, a jeevan. Just like Udasi and seva panthi way of life. There is no such Taksal way of life. Taksal is a jatha, not a samprdaye, so even if there was no mention by any texts, it makes no difference. Also, no matter what londonjat puts up, we have it in Sant Gurbachan Singhs own words.

And as for 4 villages getting together to decide who gets taksal pagg, thats just so silly, that "4" villages can get togther anbd decide something like that. If i were you i wouldnt keep that hidden.

hey its upto to decide the sources, I have no idea which source is true or false, I just posted up some quotes that is all...

hey its upto to decide the sources, I have no idea which source is true or false, I just posted up some quotes that is all...

if you knew the history of that source, you would know that it's clearly false. The website of a group of self-serving revisionist historians with a track record of changing their website to sell their story better!

if you knew the history of that source, you would know that it's clearly false. The website of a group of self-serving revisionist historians with a track record of changing their website to sell their story better!

ok then I shall keep myself alert

ok then I shall keep myself alert

bro. its not alertness you need, but an awareness to research yourself what you have been told, and to be able to have the guts to change your thinking on discovering conflicting views. Not just accepting everything you're told.

• 10 years later...
On 5/1/2011 at 1:17 AM, Xylitol said:

ddt is actually from Missl Shaheedan, same with Bhai Bidhi Chand nihang dal.

Baba Bidhi Chand Dal was created not long ago the Mukhi's family lineage goes back to Baba Bidhichand Ji but it was never formally created by Baba Bidhi Chand Ji it was created by Baba Daya Singh Ji as they had asked Budha Dal to provide them with the horses and started there dal formally from there.

• 5 months later...

@Gsethi please share more about what your grandfather taught you about Chetan (Satguru) and shabad surat? I have come to the same conclusion and seen this in evidenced in adhyatam parkaash as well as through the katha of baba dalel singh ji...any sources provided would be great. Sant Sanpuran Singh ji was supposedly a braj brilliance