Where Do We Go After Death?

bhooliya

I have been reading the alot of the stuff on the website. It seems to be based on the Shaasters and Puraan's type of anology or maybe I have missed the boat. I can see the logic behind alot of what they are talking about and it does make sense. I just wanted to know what is the Gurbani perspective on this?

The site talks about things that effect you: Destiny, your ancestors, ghosts, etc - I can see from a logical perspective how these would effect a person. But what is the take from Gurbani on this?

Nice one!

Was looking for something that explained the whole satvik, tamas and raajsik thing.

http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/articles/id/spiritualresearch/spiritualscience/sattva_raja_tama

Gurbani's emphasis more on bhagti, naam simran/nishkam seva/atma-paratma ekta/shabad rather than different types of hell or heaven...But just because it does not put emphasis on different type of hell that does not mean it does not exist.

For eg- Gurbani mentions parloa (creation and destruction) of this universe via shabad but nitty gritty details how its done eg- how tats gets merged in one another or how parkritya gets merged, its not mentioned rightly so because reader might loose focus on naam/bhagti by going deep into technicalities of things and besides Gurmat shares key universal concepts with other eastern school of thoughts like- antish karan, karam, jev atma/paratma, sargun, nirgun, chaitan roop-atma, panj tats, 25 parkrityas, parloa, maha parloa, jagrath, suapoan, sukhopat, turiya, asthol, shuskham, karan sirar, rajo, tamo, sato etc etc etc...so if one wants they can always refer to puratan granths/shastars of eastern dharmas to read more upon it.

Plus does paatal really refer to a hell in bani?

Baba Nanak says in Japji - 'Pataala pataal lakh'

There are thousands of pataals.

Edited by dalsingh101

Found this about the '7 paataals' in an old Panjabi dictionary (see attachment).

post-3203-0-09308600-1337962265_thumb.jp

Edited by dalsingh101

• 5 years later...
49 minutes ago, sarabatam said:

Can you please post it again please?

IMHO, if you are identified with body/mind/thoughts/desire/personal/seperate I/ego/story- reincarnation, hell and heaven applies.

Veer ji Here is a few links i posted on the above subjects 

And here is a video that das has found but not watched or listened as mata ji advised me not to but i will soon

ਜਬ  ਏਕਹਿ  ਹਰਿ  ਅਗਮ  ਅਪਾਰ  ॥जब एकहि हरि अगम अपार ॥Jab ekėh har agam apār.
When there was only the Lord, Unfathomable and Infinite,

ਤਬ  ਨਰਕ  ਸੁਰਗ  ਕਹੁ  ਕਉਨ  ਅਉਤਾਰ  ॥तब नरक सुरग कहु कउन अउतार ॥
Ŧab narak surag kaho ka▫un a▫uṯār.then who entered hell, and who entered heaven?

This is the truth!!, Please dont reject this pankiti thinking its the state of vahiguru as object/seperate somewhere and not related to us-devotee, this is ONE ABSOLUTE UNIFIED TRUTH OF OUR/ALL BEING-EVERYONE ETERNALLY HERE AND NOW!!

Sukhmani sahib 21st ashtpadi is key and resolution for all struggles-spiritual struggles, spiritual aim-liberation, stages, its dissolution/absorption of seeker into one LIVE truth.

I was listening to gurbani katha on sukhmani sahib by sant gyani gurbachan singh bhindranwale. He made very interesting ishara(indiction). I think we should all ponder upon what he meant.Sant gyani gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale mentioned during katha of sargun nirgun nirankar asthpadi that, anyone who is dying or final stage of dying, its recommended to recite sargun nirgun asthpadhi. I think there is deep secret behind baba ji ishara/ramaz.

13 minutes ago, sarabatam said:

I was listening to gurbani katha on sukhmani sahib by sant gyani gurbachan singh bhindranwale. He made very interesting ishara(indiction). I think we should all ponder upon what he meant.Sant gyani gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale mentioned during katha of sargun nirgun nirankar asthpadi that, anyone who is dying or final stage of dying, its recommended to recite sargun nirgun asthpadhi. I think there is deep secret behind baba ji ishara/ramaz.

Thanks i will try to listen to the katha of 21st asthpadhi by Sant Ji

After  death we go where our karam takes us.  And usually, it is very much in the chaurasee ka chakar, the wheel of 84, endless cycle of births and deaths, be it any subhuman lower specie joones, or at most Swarg or Baikunth.

Anyhow, surely in the realms of Maya.

Other thing is, if we have been faithful in devotion to Wahiguru Akal Purukh,  according to the precise instructions from the  SGGS, only then, having become pure enough to merge and become one with Wahiguru.

Surprisingly, though born and brewed in Sikh dharam, many are entangled in outer  karam. Though Guru Jee clearly  tells us in the Bani, that, bathing at so called 68 places of pilgrimages, is not comparable to Prabh ka Simran, nor any other outer action. For it is the mind which has to be rubbed and polished of its sins, not the body.  And to rub the mind to make it mindless, can only be possible by His Nam Simran, not otherwise.

We should all read Sukhmani  Sahib, with focused attention, on each word in each verse, and see how and what Guru Jee is telling us to do as per means of devotion, if we really want to be out of the cycle of births and deaths, and to become fully receptive to  His kirpa, in order to merge in Him.

Sat Sree Akal.