love??

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it okay to fall in love with someone from another religion??

Lets not look at the relegion first but look at love towards opposite sex.

In sikhi love towards vaheguroo has to be primary and love towards everything else should be secondary.

It is also beleived in Sikhi. Love towards opposite sex fades unless couples are not married because there is no binding (Commitment) infront of guroo granth sahib ji.

Here is the translations of anand karaj(Sikh Marriage). Whoever is gettin married in gurdwara makin this kinda commitment:

SOOHEE, FOURTH MEHL: In the first round of the marriage ceremony, the Lord sets out His Instructions for performing the daily duties of married life. Instead of the hymns of the Vedas to Brahma, embrace the righteous conduct of Dharma, and renounce sinful actions. Meditate on the Lord’s Name; embrace and enshrine the contemplative remembrance of the Naam. Worship and adore the Guru, the Perfect True Guru, and all your sinful residues shall be dispelled.

By great good fortune, celestial bliss is attained, and the Lord, Har, Har, seems sweet to the mind. Servant Nanak proclaims that, in this, the first round of the marriage ceremony, the marriage ceremony has begun. || 1

|| In the second round of the marriage ceremony, the Lord leads you to meet the True Guru, the Primal Being. With the Fear of God, the Fearless Lord in the mind, the filth of egotism is eradicated. In the Fear of God, the Immaculate Lord, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, and behold the Lord’s Presence before you. The Lord, the Supreme Soul, is the Lord and Master of the Universe; He is pervading and permeating everywhere, fully filling all spaces. Deep within, and outside as well, there is only the One Lord God. Meeting together, the humble servants of the Lord sing the songs of joy. Servant Nanak proclaims that, in this, the second round of the marriage ceremony, the unstruck sound current of the Shabad resounds. || 2 ||

In the third round of the marriage ceremony, the mind is filled with Divine Love. Meeting with the humble Saints of the Lord, I have found the Lord, by great good fortune. I have found the Immaculate Lord, and I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. I speak the Word of the Lord’s Bani. By great good fortune, I have found the humble Saints, and I speak the Unspoken Speech of the Lord. The Name of the Lord, Har, Har, Har, vibrates and resounds within my heart; meditating on the Lord, I have realized the destiny inscribed upon my forehead. Servant Nanak proclaims that, in this, the third round of the marriage ceremony, the mind is filled with Divine Love for the Lord. || 3 ||

In the fourth round of the marriage ceremony, my mind has become peaceful; I have found the Lord. As Gurmukh, I have met Him, with intuitive ease; the Lord seems so sweet to my mind and body. The Lord seems so sweet; I am pleasing to my God. Night and day, I lovingly focus my consciousness on the Lord. I have obtained my Lord and Master, the fruit of my mind’s desires. The Lord’s Name resounds and resonates. The Lord God, my Lord and Master, blends with His bride, and her heart blossoms forth in the Naam. Servant Nanak proclaims that, in this, the fourth round of the marriage ceremony, we have found the Eternal Lord God. || 4 || 2 ||

Now lets talk about marrying someone from different relegion-

First thing in my mind is cultural and relegion conflict which leads to person to convert. You will come across many problems together. I know you wont get these problems to know or to be aware now because as old wise says "Love makes you blind" and its true.

All i m saying love towards god is firm and forever lasting than love towards opposite sex.

And as far as relegion goes.. you would have more problems settling in the guys family and It will not be mutual relationship.

I have seen many Romeo's and Juliet's gettin break up and their love fades eventually. You can try if you like but make sure you got enuf tissue boxes later on. But we all want you to try because person doesnt recongnize its a mistake unless person expereince it. So go on mate :D

Ok i am not gonna answer this question fully rite now because i am at work but i will say this

that If you do fall in love with a person from different religion then always make sure that they are not marrying u, just to convert you to their religion. These things do happen.

If your boy friend or girl friend says to you that they will marry you if you convert to

their religion then ask them if they will do the same for u? will he/she convert to ur religion?

Whether love is good or bad i will post later but here is something i belive in:

"Love Comes after Marriage"

:roll: i say its best not to "fall in love" with anyone apart from your husband/wife, in doin this you will have beaten Kaam(lust) which in todays society is probabley the worst of all the five vices.

an wot u gonna do when the two religions conflict, in sikhi meat is forbidden so is alcohol/tobacco an any other form of intoxicant, wot u gonna do wen the nex man starts munching on a piece of chicken and gets mashed out of his head with booze :wink: all the other religions allow everything which sikhi says is wrong ie sharaab/meat......... :wink:

If its truthful love then go for it. All you can do is lose or gain.

Someones religion dont mean crap,

A religion is like a name, just another way to label people and put them in a certain group. There are two very simple groups that which is truthful and that which is not. If you act in truth 100 % then religion wont effect either of you, when kabir seeked out the truth he found the same akaalpurkh as nanak, dhanna Jat, etc.

So your religious orientation should not matter, when it comes to truth of any kind be it friendship or love.

:roll: i say its best not to "fall in love" with anyone apart from your husband/wife, in doin this you will have beaten Kaam(lust) which in todays society is probabley the worst of all the five vices.

an wot u gonna do when the two religions conflict, in sikhi meat is forbidden so is alcohol/tobacco an any other form of intoxicant, wot u gonna do wen the nex man starts munching on a piece of chicken and gets mashed out of his head with booze :wink: all the other religions allow everything which sikhi says is wrong ie sharaab/meat......... :wink:[/quote]

I thought that sharaab was forbidden in Islam if that's what u'r talking about, but it seems Christians are allowed

Guest BikramjitSingh

Someones religion dont mean crap,

So your religious orientation should not matter, when it comes to truth of any kind be it friendship or love.

If religion doesn't mean crap then what are you doing here ?

Note the name of forum SIKHAWARENESS

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Dymanic banda wrote

Someones religion dont mean crap

:roll: well thats a pretty stupid thing to say :roll:

a persons religion should come first no matter what, people have been tortured to death because they belive in sikhi and wouldnt convert to islam, siri guru tegh bahadur ji sacrificed himself for the hindus cos they were been converted so religion in the end is the only thing that realy means sumthin or have u forgotten bout that :?

Ok i am not gonna answer this question fully rite now because i am at work but i will say this

that If you do fall in love with a person from different religion then always make sure that they are not marrying u, just to convert you to their religion. These things do happen.

If your boy friend or girl friend says to you that they will marry you if you convert to

their religion then ask them if they will do the same for u? will he/she convert to ur religion?

Whether love is good or bad i will post later but here is something i belive in:

"Love Comes after Marriage"

I titally agree with Amardeep Love does come after marriage.

i guess mixed religion marriages can bring in a lot of cultural clashes within the household. I for one would not convert for someone i value my culture, traditions and religion.

Though there are really many problems in inter-religion relationship.. still love is a feeling with broad meanings..and it is not impossible to maintain relationship despite of different religions and faiths... i have many examples with me with both types of results... still i believe the if the feeling of love is pious .. nothing wrong in inter-religion relationship

ssa

Just like everything else , these emotions of love are gifts from guru.But we should never give lust the name of love.If its inter relgn or if its within the relgn , if you love someone for wrong reasons than you cant be happy in that relationship.

our true love in which we cant be betrayed is the love for akaal purakh waheguru.

real life is different from reel life , so dont get influenced by movies.Think thru the time.

This feeling of love is very illusive so be careful, not only if its about someone with diff. relgn but also if they belong to sikhi.The things do get a bit more complicated if the person is of diff. relgn but its not just about relgn.

wjkk wjkf

there is no such thing as a religion.

I am neither a Hindu, nor a Muslim, nor a Sikh, im just a blind follower of Akal Puruk and Guru Ji is my Guide.

Akal Puruk has no religion, no caste, no roop, no parrellel, we want to attain these quaulties.

only truth.... nothing else. Akal Puruk is that truth.

Love and lust are two very seperate emotions. If you truly love someone you would and should do everything in your power to be with them. Its hard enough in this world to find true love and happiness without adding barriers of your own making.

Religion and and the belief in God are not the same thing. I can believe in God and still marry outside my faith. God isn't going to love me any less. All religions are the tool and the intepretation of man and as such they have human characteristics - good and bad. And being judgemental seems to be one of its biggest flaws.

Surely everybody loving God should be the ultimate goal? If I recall Guru Nanak advocated abolishment of the caste system..people CHOSE not to accede to his wishes. Does that make all Sikhs bad people? No. If choose to marry a man who's white does that make me a bad person? No.

i thought about that and even as a monah, i would never marry a non-sikh familly girl, because i want to amrit shaak one day, and ur spouse has to share in that feeling for it to realise, so i said i'll never make that imstake, hopefully i'll do that b4 marriage ne ways

but inter-nething else as jessica said is all good

jjj - many people wish to perfect their routine and be 100% confident prior to takin amrit - they are in the process :D better then someone who doesnt even think about it dont u think?

in my opinion it is pretty hard for inter religion marraiges to work.. im talkin about fully fledged followers of the faith.. cos they both will have their own views/ practises/ do's and donts etc and are bound to clash somewhere...

anyone who takes the amrit lives in the rehat has the full power and support of Guru Gobind Singh. We dont take Amritn by our own will and nor do we become 100% perfect by our own will, but Guru gives it to us, when he accepts us. Our power to be 100% perfect is not there, we got no power ! This also includes that my asking anyone to take amrit is completely 100% useless. It is all done by the will of the Guru, but without amrit it is difficult to keep rehat.

before taking amrit I use to try to keep the 5 banis. I couldnt at that time, After taking Amrit .. I am very easily able to do so. Infact Amrit Shawking has helped me understand a lot of things. Now I feel the power and support of the 10th Guru always with me and always around me. Now I know I am in the department and the responsibility of the Guru and all my affairs will be managed by Him.

JJJ,

I know it feels good when we say we don't take amrit because we want to but everything is happening with grace of Gurus. But your kind information at the time of Gurus there were so many Shejdhari sikhs and they didn't want to take amrit but Guru ji didn't throw them out of their place but took it as God's will so whatever happens its coming from God that's acceptable and in that case if someone is not willing to take amrit due to certain doubts he/she has in their mind then we should not force them otherwise we are going against God's will.....