^^^^

Yeah, but make sure you train as well too!

Bani sets you up psychologically/spiritually, then follow it through with physical exertion.

Maybe time it so that you train pretty much straight after the bani. Doesn't matter what training you do at this stage - as long as you definitely do something that stretches you. 

Training is important. There is no sidestepping it. 

Here is bani. 

Braham Kavich

ਖੜਗ ਖੰਡਾ ਅਸੀ ਅਰਿਗਰ ਧਰਮ ਰੱਚ ਤੱਗ ਛਤ੍ਰੀ ॥
(You are the) Kharag (twelve fist long double edge sword), Khanda (ten fist long khanda representing Mahakal), Asi (double handed sword), Arighar (Enemy of the Throat), Dharam Rash ( guardian of Dharam), Tag Shatri (caste string of a Kshatriya, meaning sword belt).

ਬਿਸ਼੍ਵ ਪਾਲ ਭੂਪਾਲ ਪੱਛ ਪਲ ਭੱਛ ਰਣ ਕੱਛ ਅੱਤ੍ਰੀ ॥
(You are the) Bishvapaal (Nurturer of the world), Bhupaal (Devour of Kings), Pal Pacch (Devour of time), Ran Kacch (Preserver of honour on the battlefield), Atrri (weapon adorning warrior).

ਰਾਜ ਮੰਡਾ ਅਤਿ ਪ੍ਰਚੰਡਾ ਈਸ੍ਵਰੀ ਕਰਵਾਰ ਹੈ ॥
(You are the) Raj Manda (adorner of kingdoms), Att Parchanda (Extremely fierce), Isvari Karvar (Sword of Shiv Ji)

ਸ਼ਕਤਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਿਮੀ ਬੈਸ਼ਨਵੀ ਭਵਾਨੀ ਤੂੰ ਤਰਵਾਰ ਹੈ ॥
(You are) Shakt (Parbati, the wife of Shivji), Brahmani (Saraswati, wife of Barhma), Baishnavi (Laxmi, wife of Vishnu), Bhavani (fierce form of Parbati), You are the Tarvaar (sword)

ਨਿਤ ਜਿਯੋਤੀ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਦਾਇਕ ਧਾਰਾਧਾਰ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਨ ਹੈ ॥
(You are the) Nit Jejoti (the eternal flame), Mukht Daeik (granter of salvation), Dharadhaar (Sharp edged sword), Kirpan (the merciless sword)

ਚੰਡਕਾ ਮੰਡਕਾ ਮ੍ਰਿਤਕਾ ਜਗਤ ਜਨਨੀ ਕਾਲਕਾ ਗੁਨਖਾਨਿ ਹੈ ॥
(You are) Chandka (angry eight armed warrior goddess Chandi), Mandkaa (beautifully adorned Chandi), Mritkaa (mother of the Earth), Jagat Janni (mother of the world), Kalika (dark form of chandi), Gunkhaan (treasure mine of virtue)

ਭਵ ਮਾਨਕਾ ਖਲ ਹਾਂਨ ਕਾ ਰੱਤ ਪਾਲਕਾ ਜਗ ਮਾਨ ਹੈ ॥
(You are the) Bhav Mankaa (good virtue to the world), Khal Hankaa (defeater of evil ones), Ratt Pankaa (drinker of blood), Jag Man (pride of the world)

ਇਹ ਕਵਚਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਕੋ ਬਤੀਸਾ ਪਢੈ ਜੋ ਨਿਤ ਛੱਤ੍ਰੀ ॥
That Kshaytria (warrior) who reads this Kavach of Brahma of 32 (praises) daily

ਰਣ ਜੀਤ ਲੈਹ ਨਿਰਭੀਤ ਰਹਿ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਪਾਵੈ ਅੱਤ੍ਰੀ ॥
(He) will attain victory on the battlefield, remain fearless, and attain Ridhi Sidhi (yogic spiritual powers)

ਲਹਿ ਬੇਦ ਭੇਦ ਜੋ ਪਢੈ ਬਿਪ੍ਰਬੈਸਯ ਧੰਨ ਸੁਖ ਸੰਪਤਾ ॥
A Brahmin who reads this will know the secret of the Vedas, and a Vaish who reads with will attain comfort of wealth and family.

ਧਨ ਧਾਮ ਤਨ ਅਰੋਗ ਸੂਦਰ ਪਾਇ ਸੁਖ ਅਕੰਪਤਾ ॥
Wealth, home, and a body without ailments [all] of beautiful unswerving comfort [is attained through contemplating this mantra].

ਇਹ ਬੋਲਾ ਹਰਿਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਕਾ ਸੁਣੋ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਬੀਰ ॥
This ‘Bola’ is of Guru Hargobind, listen Khalsa warriors!

ਫਤਿਹ ਪਾੳ ਮੈਦਾਨ ਮੈ ਪਕੜ ਹਾਥ ਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰ ॥
Attain victory on the battlefield holding a Shamshir (curved sword)

Ram Kavach

ਗੋਂਡ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
Gond, Fifth Mehl:

ਜਾ ਕਉ ਰਾਖੈ ਰਾਖਣਹਾਰੁ ॥
One who is protected by the Protector Lord -

ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਅੰਗੁ ਕਰੇ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
the Formless Lord is on his side. ||1||Pause||

ਮਾਤ ਗਰਭ ਮਹਿ ਅਗਨਿ ਨ ਜੋਹੈ ॥
In the mother's womb, the fire does not touch him.

ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਨ ਪੋਹੈ ॥
Sexual desire, anger, greed and emotional attachment do not affect him.

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਜਪੈ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰੁ ॥
In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, he meditates on the Formless Lord.

ਨਿੰਦਕ ਕੈ ਮੁਹਿ ਲਾਗੈ ਛਾਰੁ ॥੧॥
Dust is thrown into the faces of the slanderers. ||1||

ਰਾਮ ਕਵਚੁ ਦਾਸ ਕਾ ਸੰਨਾਹੁ ॥
The Lord's protective spell is the armor of His slave.

ਦੂਤ ਦੁਸਟ ਤਿਸੁ ਪੋਹਤ ਨਾਹਿ ॥
The wicked, evil demons cannot even touch him.

ਜੋ ਜੋ ਗਰਬੁ ਕਰੇ ਸੋ ਜਾਇ ॥
Whoever indulges in egotistical pride, shall waste away to ruin.

ਗਰੀਬ ਦਾਸ ਕੀ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸਰਣਾਇ ॥੨॥
God is the Sanctuary of His humble slave. ||2||

ਜੋ ਜੋ ਸਰਣਿ ਪਇਆ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਇ ॥
Whoever enters the Sanctuary of the Sovereign Lord -

ਸੋ ਦਾਸੁ ਰਖਿਆ ਅਪਣੈ ਕੰਠਿ ਲਾਇ ॥
He saves that slave, hugging him close in His embrace.

ਜੇ ਕੋ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਕਰੇ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ ॥
Whoever takes great pride in himself,

ਓਹੁ ਖਿਨ ਮਹਿ ਰੁਲਤਾ ਖਾਕੂ ਨਾਲਿ ॥੩॥
in an instant, shall be like dust mixing with dust. ||3||

ਹੈ ਭੀ ਸਾਚਾ ਹੋਵਣਹਾਰੁ ॥
The True Lord is, and shall always be.

ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਜਾਈ ਬਲਿਹਾਰ ॥
Forever and ever, I am a sacrifice to Him.

ਅਪਣੇ ਦਾਸ ਰਖੇ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਧਾਰਿ ॥
Granting His Mercy, He saves His slaves.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਪ੍ਰਾਣ ਅਧਾਰ ॥੪॥੧੮॥੨੦॥
God is the Support of Nanak's breath of life. ||4||18||20|| 

• 2 weeks later...

because of my tai chi martial arts practice...i have to remain supple...flexible...to allow energy movement through the martial arts movements..

the first thing my taichi Sufi said....quit doing the usual mainstream body building...strength training...its all physical...and will stiffen you up...and affect chi flow

so now i do a lot of mediation on movements...i imagine doing bicep curls...pull ups...

then i follow it up with no more than 3 sets of the exercise spaced throughout the day...rather than taking my muscle to failure...i concentrate on my nervous system....improving the signal from mind to muscle...refining it.

i stop 1 rep short of failure for each of the sets...the day after my muscles are never fatigued...i take a day break and then follow up the same routine for the same muscle group.

i can lift now, more than i ever did...i used to be at the gym 4 days a week...doing drop sets, all sorts of methods...protein shakes...supplements...and then resting a lot to recover...

but now i have a vegetarina diet...small meals...don;t eat more than 1400-1600 calories a day....not a single protein shake...

muscles are never fatigued...they are always ready to be fully utilized...supple..relaxed///but strength is maximum when needed.

i wish i had started training like this many years back.

i'm 36 years old now...5"7....slim...not overly muscular....yet when i curl 26kg dumbbell...people wonder how i do it...cus i'm half their size.

my max bench press at my physical peak when training the conventional way was 90kg...i now do 110kg...and increasing all the time..

best part of training this way is my mind is always stress free...the conventional way of training overstressed your nervous system...if it doesn't recover before your next session, its a downward spiral...need to be focussed at all time...sharp...and ready for anything..

another thing i noticed was if i don't train for several weeks...i don;t lose strength//because my strength comes from my nervous system..the signal from mind to muscle...not just muscle alone... whereas when i trained the usual way...i would lose muscle and strength pretty quickly the moment i stopped working out.

chzSingh,

I have been working out regularly for the past two months, 5-6 times a day, and what I have noticed is that I cannot sit straight with my back, for more than 10-15 months. For some reason, the back seems to have stiffened or put on muscle that is making it inflexible or is it just in my head. I also have not been meditating regularly.  I am 29, drinking protein shakes, and workout using dumbbells & bench at home.

I really like your suggestion on meditating on the movements. So how do you do that ? You just put all your attention on the movement, or imagine a surge of power rushing through. How do you do it ?

Thanks!

because of my tai chi martial arts practice...i have to remain supple...flexible...to allow energy movement through the martial arts movements..

the first thing my taichi Sufi said....quit doing the usual mainstream body building...strength training...its all physical...and will stiffen you up...and affect chi flow

so now i do a lot of mediation on movements...i imagine doing bicep curls...pull ups...

then i follow it up with no more than 3 sets of the exercise spaced throughout the day...rather than taking my muscle to failure...i concentrate on my nervous system....improving the signal from mind to muscle...refining it.

i stop 1 rep short of failure for each of the sets...the day after my muscles are never fatigued...i take a day break and then follow up the same routine for the same muscle group.

i can lift now, more than i ever did...i used to be at the gym 4 days a week...doing drop sets, all sorts of methods...protein shakes...supplements...and then resting a lot to recover...

but now i have a vegetarina diet...small meals...don;t eat more than 1400-1600 calories a day....not a single protein shake...

muscles are never fatigued...they are always ready to be fully utilized...supple..relaxed///but strength is maximum when needed.

i wish i had started training like this many years back.

i'm 36 years old now...5"7....slim...not overly muscular....yet when i curl 26kg dumbbell...people wonder how i do it...cus i'm half their size.

my max bench press at my physical peak when training the conventional way was 90kg...i now do 110kg...and increasing all the time..

best part of training this way is my mind is always stress free...the conventional way of training overstressed your nervous system...if it doesn't recover before your next session, its a downward spiral...need to be focussed at all time...sharp...and ready for anything..

another thing i noticed was if i don't train for several weeks...i don;t lose strength//because my strength comes from my nervous system..the signal from mind to muscle...not just muscle alone... whereas when i trained the usual way...i would lose muscle and strength pretty quickly the moment i stopped working out.

Wow!!

I gotta look into that stuff..............Chi..ki....prana....meridians....all the same thing>same energy.

Give us some details or techniques used in visualising/imagining that are used.

..... the back seems to have stiffened or put on muscle that is making it inflexible or is it just in my head.

Ragmaala, once we get into 30's..we have to stretch...stretch...stretch.

I don't think you are stretching enough...it sounds like 'compression'

I think that you wanna do stairs with own body weight. The dumbells will put extra pressure on joints and also -->spinal compression.

This in turn leads to a lot of back and trapezius pains.

In my opinion, in terms of body kinetics,.. using own body weight gives more control and flexibility and will be better for joints and cartilage issues of arthritis in later life.

They normally recommend cardio, aerobics  to get the fat burning along with attention to diet.

I think that you wanna do stairs with own body weight. The dumbells will put extra pressure on joints and also -->spinal compression.

This in turn leads to a lot of back and trapezius pains.

In my opinion, in terms of body kinetics,.. using own body weight gives more control and flexibility and will be better for joints and cartilage issues of arthritis in later life.

They normally recommend cardio, aerobics  to get the fat burning along with attention to diet.

I understand,,thank you very much .

yes, stretch...remain supple...and relaxed..that's the best thing for people our age....on a deeper level, the more suple and relaxed the body, the better our life force energy can circulate the body...

have you ever had a stressfull day...then rubbed the back of your neck...that amazing tingling sensation that rushes to your head and alleviates the stress of a stiffened neck...that's your energy flow...

work with your own body weight. i have tried every trick in the book in my life to lose weight...build muscle...

for losing weight don;t believe all these one trick methods...you will only lose weight if you burn more calories than you put into your mouth :)

eat small regular servings of meals...mixed and varied food...do NOT starve yourself...thats is the worst thing to do...your body needs to know that it will be getting food.

then burn 300-400 calories a day if you can with exercise...that is about 40 minutes of exercise...a fast walk...walking up and down stairs...a jog...and what i have found is...for example if you are jogging...do not do same speed and intensity for the whole time...vary it...so maybe 5 minutes easy level..then 1 minute faster level...then back to easy level...then back up a bit...then maybe a sprint for 100 meters....this helps a lot with your overall fitness and sharpness..

i am trying to lose weight as we speak...i have spent two weeks burning 300-400 calories atleast 5 days of the week...and i have lost 3-4KG already...

so burn those calories and eat regularly but smaller servings and healthier servings and you have a winning formula..

look at videos on youtube...for doing stretches..then do the stretches one day...take one day of, then do again...on my wedding day i had the worst pain sat down for a couple of hours during the Gurdwara ceremony :) ..since i started doing stretches, i can now sit cross legged without any back pain or leg pain..

hope this help my good friend

Wow!!

I gotta look into that stuff..............Chi..ki....prana....meridians....all the same thing>same energy.

Give us some details or techniques used in visualising/imagining that are used.

i will send you some links lucky ji...

i really recommend tai chi and chi-kung my friend...it goes well with your Simran and meditation practice that your also do.

if you do tai chi and chi-kung regularly, you will start to feel the energy flowing around your feet...palms of hands...top of head etc in your movements...its pretty cool.

if your meridians are already pretty open then your chi will flow quite easily to wherever you put your mind and attention..for example...i am right this second focussing on my right hand...within seconds it is tingling...like ants crawling over it....thats the chi :)

so when you are visualizing something like...lifting a dumbbell, then the chi is circulating in that area...and then when you do the actual exercise it should feel a little easier than the last time you did it...small changes but over the course of a year big changes...and you will not have to go through what bodybuilders go through...the bruised, tense, torn muscle pain for several days.

just do a few sets throughout the day, stopping 1 rep before muscle failure (its the muscle failure that gives your sore arms the next day)...and when you do the sets...really focus with your mind on what you're doing or intending to do...visualise also whilst you're doing it...where the weight needs to go...the path it needs to follow..etc etc...it really works...well it did for me...stronger than i have ever been

i used to think back in the days following an intense workout...i couldnt even move my arms...they were that sore the following day. i thought what would happen if someone attacked me right now...i wouldn;t even be able to defend myself due to the soreness...so whats the point :)

need to be sharp, focussed and have all your strength ready when it is required.

God bless..

I understand,,thank you very much .

to link my replies back to your question of shabad and strength...

i often repeat 'waheguru' or 'satnaam' in mind when i exercise...lifting weights or running or anything...visualize what your goals are..do ardaas asking for his support and keep Him on mind whilst doing it...if you believe it, it will happen and God will help.

God Bless

i often repeat 'waheguru' or 'satnaam' in mind when i exercise...lifting weights or running or anything...visualize what your goals are..do ardaas asking for his support and keep Him on mind whilst doing it...if you believe it, it will happen and God will help.

God Bless

Akaaaalhhh..Thanks a lot bro.

yes, stretch...remain supple...and relaxed..that's the best thing for people our age....on a deeper level, the more suple and relaxed the body, the better our life force energy can circulate the body...

have you ever had a stressfull day...then rubbed the back of your neck...that amazing tingling sensation that rushes to your head and alleviates the stress of a stiffened neck...that's your energy flow...

work with your own body weight. i have tried every trick in the book in my life to lose weight...build muscle...

for losing weight don;t believe all these one trick methods...you will only lose weight if you burn more calories than you put into your mouth :)

eat small regular servings of meals...mixed and varied food...do NOT starve yourself...thats is the worst thing to do...your body needs to know that it will be getting food.

then burn 300-400 calories a day if you can with exercise...that is about 40 minutes of exercise...a fast walk...walking up and down stairs...a jog...and what i have found is...for example if you are jogging...do not do same speed and intensity for the whole time...vary it...so maybe 5 minutes easy level..then 1 minute faster level...then back to easy level...then back up a bit...then maybe a sprint for 100 meters....this helps a lot with your overall fitness and sharpness..

i am trying to lose weight as we speak...i have spent two weeks burning 300-400 calories atleast 5 days of the week...and i have lost 3-4KG already...

so burn those calories and eat regularly but smaller servings and healthier servings and you have a winning formula..

look at videos on youtube...for doing stretches..then do the stretches one day...take one day of, then do again...on my wedding day i had the worst pain sat down for a couple of hours during the Gurdwara ceremony :) ..since i started doing stretches, i can now sit cross legged without any back pain or leg pain..

hope this help my good friend

i really recommend tai chi and chi-kung my friend...it goes well with your Simran and meditation practice that your also do.

if you do tai chi and chi-kung regularly, you will start to feel the energy flowing around your feet...palms of hands...top of head etc in your movements...its pretty cool.

if your meridians are already pretty open then your chi will flow quite easily to wherever you put your mind and attention..for example...i am right this second focussing on my right hand...within seconds it is tingling...like ants crawling over it....thats the chi :)

so when you are visualizing something like...lifting a dumbbell, then the chi is circulating in that area...and then when you do the actual exercise it should feel a little easier than the last time you did it...small changes but over the course of a year big changes...and you will not have to go through what bodybuilders go through...the bruised, tense, torn muscle pain for several days.

just do a few sets throughout the day, stopping 1 rep before muscle failure (its the muscle failure that gives your sore arms the next day)...and when you do the sets...really focus with your mind on what you're doing or intending to do...visualise also whilst you're doing it...where the weight needs to go...the path it needs to follow..etc etc...it really works...well it did for me...stronger than i have ever been

i used to think back in the days following an intense workout...i couldnt even move my arms...they were that sore the following day. i thought what would happen if someone attacked me right now...i wouldn;t even be able to defend myself due to the soreness...so whats the point :)

need to be sharp, focussed and have all your strength ready when it is required.

God bless..

God Bless

Veer ji 

This is simply not possible. to burn 1kg fat you need to burn 8000 calories you lost 3-4 kd which require you to atleast burn 25000 calories .In 1  day you must have burned 2500 calories or you have lost water weight

I am 37 and at 110 kilos ..want to get down to 80...i have heard that climbing stairs with dumbells helps lose wait faster ..any tips guys ?

Diet is VERY IMPORTANT brother.

Try a low carb diet for a while, most people I have know have lost weight this way. 

Obviously couple this with exercise. What type do you prefer?

To the OP, I've always found Jaap Sahib helps me when I feel weak. 

Diet is VERY IMPORTANT brother.

Try a low carb diet for a while, most people I have know have lost weight this way. 

Obviously couple this with exercise. What type do you prefer?

To the OP, I've always found Jaap Sahib helps me when I feel weak. 

I prefer martial arts which can drive me ..cardio will always be on the card..maybe i should plan buying a kickboxing bag ..although dont have any training in my area ..not those knowledgeable trainers .

Thanks, I will try some of that...

I use very similar techniques energy transfer for my own 'self-spiritual healing' quite often because I have multiple spinal injuries,.. and my left side is often quite troublesome.

What you say makes perfect sense to me as long as someone has the patience and belief to persevere.

Veer ji 

This is simply not possible. to burn 1kg fat you need to burn 8000 calories you lost 3-4 kd which require you to atleast burn 25000 calories .In 1  day you must have burned 2500 calories or you have lost water weight

It doesn't actually work that way because we lose huge amounts of fluid weight first, which is through sweat, water loss and energy burned from glycogen/fat stores...People often forget that all muscles and organs of body contain water.

I have often weighed myself before and after 400+calorie workout....and I usually lose 2lb's+.. which is nearly 1kg (2.2lb=1kg) quite easily.

Edited by Lucky

i am going to start taking photos of my physique instead of checking weight...and just comparing the photo's every 2 weeks..

i think that might give me a better indication of my progress...especially looking at whether i am retaining my muscle mass whilst i lose fat...retaining muscle mass is important when losing weight...

Thanks, I will try some of that...

I use very similar techniques energy transfer for my own 'self-spiritual healing' quite often because I have multiple spinal injuries,.. and my left side is often quite troublesome.

What you say makes perfect sense to me as long as someone has the patience and belief to persevere.

It doesn't actually work that way because we lose huge amounts of fluid weight first, which is through sweat, water loss and energy burned from glycogen/fat stores...People often forget that all muscles and organs of body contain water.

I have often weighed myself before and after 400+calorie workout....and I usually lose 2lb's+.. which is nearly 1kg (2.2lb=1kg) quite easily.

to persevere is the key i think...

i've starting doing my visualization whilst i lie in bed before i fall asleep...

and usual amrit vela simran when i wake up in the early hours.

• 1 month later...