Past glorious singhs vs current singhs

SAadmin

It's no secret, there is big difference between past glorious singhs vs current singhs of west (including me off course), we don't quite hear about same bravery, chivalrous stories of current singhs compare to past glorious singhs. Unfortunately, many of us lot are stuck in just praising our previous glorious history of singhs completely overlooking current state of singh chivalry which bought lot of complacency, sense of entitlement, self absorbed, superiority misguided feeling of bravery build in our dna without needed to do much.

Even our interaction with wild animal with fearless look, being calm, fearless will power-determination, faith in Guru maharaj, self confidence is tale of past glory. Anyway here is video of great bavery tales of soorme from kenya tribe snatching food from lion's mouth while we sit on fat arses all day long out in west and say- akaaaaaaaaaaaluh once a while even then go out of a breath while saying it.

God lord so embarrassing for all of us and stark reminder its on us to represent same bravery and chivalry of past brave singhs:

It's no secret, there is big difference between past glorious singhs vs current singhs of west (including me off course), we don't quite hear about same bravery, chivalrous stories of current singhs compare to past glorious singhs. Unfortunately, many of us lot are stuck in just praising our previous glorious history of singhs completely overlooking current state of singh chivalry which bought lot of complacency, sense of entitlement, self absorbed, superiority misguided feeling of bravery build in our dna without needed to do much.

Even our interaction with wild animal with fearless look, being calm, self confidence is tale of past glory. Anyway here is video of great bavery tales of soorme from kenya tribe snatching food from lion's mouth while we sit on fat arses all day long out in west and say- akaaaaaaaaaaaluh once a while even then go out of a breath while saying it.

God lord so embarrassing for all of us and stark reminder its on us to represent same bravery and chivalry of past brave singhs:

This post has so much truth in it

That's why we have to train in yudh, knife, gun, grappling etc. Without thr knoweldge if weilding weapons/defending yourself snd ones dharam we cannot call ourselves khalsa. 

I guess in the west we are scared of consequences ie the law, losing job for fighting or perhaps being seen at a hardcore khalistani protest wearing a provoactive T-shirt(babbar khalsa etc).

Crystal

That's why we have to train in yudh, knife, gun, grappling etc. Without thr knoweldge if weilding weapons/defending yourself snd ones dharam we cannot call ourselves khalsa. 

I guess in the west we are scared of consequences ie the law, losing job for fighting or perhaps being seen at a hardcore khalistani protest wearing a provoactive T-shirt(babbar khalsa etc).

Crystal

i agree.

Besides Guru Hargobind Ji and Guru Gobind Singh Ji who killed lions on their own, our beloved Guru Ke Singh like Bhai Roshan Singh and Gen Hari Singh Nalwa (bare handed) too killed lions single handedly.

I think Guru ji killed tigers rather than lions as Lions were only found in Central India and Western India. And Hari Singh Nalwa must have killed tiger with sword rather than bare hands

I think Guru ji killed tigers rather than lions as Lions were only found in Central India and Western India. And Hari Singh Nalwa must have killed tiger with sword rather than bare hands

Bro, Baba Roshan Singh jee killed a sher with a stick. Sardar Hari Singh Nalwa jee killed a tiger with bare hands. Please read below.

http://sikhsiyasat.net/2014/08/23/sikh-warrior-hari-singh-nalwa-tops-list-of-top-ten-world-conquerors-compiled-by-billionaires-australia/

Bhul chuk maaf

This is actually true... though I do know some Singhs who are brave - LCol Harjit Sajjan for one with two tours in Afghanistan.  And don't forget the Kaurs (your posts always seem to be about Singhs only but not Kaurs - not all Kaurs are chained to a kitchen you know). There are many brave Kaurs today who are eagerly stepping out from being stuck in the Singh's shadows.... especially if many Singhs want to sit around being lazy.  

Simarpal Kaur (Australia) Police
Randeep Kaur US Military (Afghanistan)
Harinder Kaur Police USA

Just for a start off top of my head (who were in the news) 

I've met plenty of Sikh guys who are brave as heck on a street level (maybe not so much with this current 3rd generation though). They just aren't commonly known.

Bush from SP is an example. 

Edited by dalsingh101

This is actually true... though I do know some Singhs who are brave - LCol Harjit Sajjan for one with two tours in Afghanistan.  And don't forget the Kaurs (your posts always seem to be about Singhs only but not Kaurs - not all Kaurs are chained to a kitchen you know). There are many brave Kaurs today who are eagerly stepping out from being stuck in the Singh's shadows.... especially if many Singhs want to sit around being lazy.  

Simarpal Kaur (Australia) Police
Randeep Kaur US Military (Afghanistan)
Harinder Kaur Police USA

Just for a start off top of my head (who were in the news) 

How comes all your examples come from people essentially supporting white power structures in non-white lands?

Are you subconsciously a nazi?

So recognizing courageous Kaurs also somehow means white power structure?? I am confused... these are not white Sikhs... they are Punjabi Singhnis.  You think Singhni's place is hiding in men's shadow being a domestic servant only?? These are Punjabi Singhnis, who wanted to make a difference in the world, and went for their dreams... is that somehow wrong to acknowledge their courage and bravery too?

Edited by Satkirin_Kaur

Both in their own way.  I guess there are fewer examples of Singhnis participating in these things in India because well, they are still resctricted from doing these things in India.  However given the chance they would!  So we have to use examples in areas where they are not told "no...sorry dear men only" But if those things were open to them they would.  Actually I think there are Sikh women in the Indian army are there not?? I'm not sure if they are given limitations in the Indian army that the men don't have though but I am sure I have seen Sikh women in the Indian Army.

In the example I have shown though, those Singhnis are not doing anything that could be considered bad or wrong or against Sikhi.  They are fighting against tyranny, crime, etc. So how can we downplay their examples just because they happen to be in the west where they are given more opportunity.  Of course if you limit your examples to areas where women are discouraged from police, military service etc, then of course you will have less examples to quote (or none at all).

I think in general, Singhs and Singhnis were glocious in past. You can't say only Singhs had glorious history... somewhere along the line Singhnis were discouraged and became mere simple housewifes.  At least in the west, where they are not discouraged, Sikh women are stepping up as examples to others.  There are Singhs too... but if you are speaking purely about physial prowess, well then, as a general rule, I think there are huge issues!!! LOL Laziness... I blame the internet, gaming, TV

In the example I have shown though, those Singhnis are not doing anything that could be considered bad or wrong or against Sikhi.  They are fighting against tyranny, crime, etc. So how can we downplay their examples just because they happen to be in the west where they are given more opportunity. 

You are so shockingly oblivious and naive. I didn't know white privilege was so all consuming to perspective!

Simarpal Kaur (Australia) Police - Australian police. The police force of a country that is renown for its racism. People who stick illegal aliens in what are modern day concentration camps. A nation whose prime minister has pretty much said that he would rather the immigrants drowned in the sea than accept them.....astonishing considering that he was probably the descendant of a convict and the way that the country itself has been straight stolen off Aboriginals, who are treated like second rate citizens in their own land!

Randeep Kaur US Military (Afghanistan) - Yeah, the people in Afghanistan are really chuffed about being invaded by the US aren't they....

Harinder Kaur Police USA - Did you not notice the spate of murders of black men by members of this organisation recently....??? Then lets talk about how that land was robbed from its natives!

Like I said: you are hyper-sensitive to male hegemony/patriarchy and can't see beyond that, whilst rampant racism totally eludes you.... a perfect example of how white privilege obscures your senses.You see nothing abnormal about the systematic ill treatment of non-white people. You don't seem smart enough to see uncomfortable realities. 

Edited by dalsingh101

Like I said: you are hyper-sensitive to male hegemony/patriarchy and can't see beyond that, whilst rampant racism totally eludes you.... a perfect example of how white privilege obscures your senses.You see nothing abnormal about the systematic ill treatment of non-white people. You don't seem smart enough to see uncomfortable realities. 

Maybe because I can't fathom treating anyone any different just because of colour.  And I live in Canada where for the most part we don't have these issues...  

And white privilege? Believe me, your male privilege outweighs any white privilege I might have, which is really none. Canada upholds the idea of equal opportunity.  Look at LCol Harjit Sajjan... look him up, and the history of the regiment he recently Commanded and it's links with Sikhs in the past.  

Anyway you are going off topic. I just wanted to point out that it's not only Singhs who are / were Brave and Glorious... 

Maybe because I can't fathom treating anyone any different just because of colour.  And I live in Canada where for the most part we don't have these issues...  

And white privilege? Believe me, your male privilege outweighs any white privilege I might have, which is really none. Canada upholds the idea of equal opportunity.  Look at LCol Harjit Sajjan... look him up, and the history of the regiment he recently Commanded and it's links with Sikhs in the past.  

Anyway you are going off topic. I just wanted to point out that it's not only Singhs who are / were Brave and Glorious... 

What male privilege? Indira Gandhi became PM of India when second fave feminism did not started in west Bhutto became Pm of Pakistan Sheikh Hasina and Khaleda zia Pm of Bangladesh. all these countries are hardcore patriarchal societies.On the other hand no muslim or dalit has been PM of India.

Yes there is certain fields like army their is male privilage because traditionally they are men's field and physically much more demanding.Still Indian army recruit women who run 5 km  in 40 minutes while for men it is 30 minutes in other words a man who runs 5 km in 31 minutes is unfit while a woman who run 5 km in 39 minutes is fit. so who has privilege here?

What male privilege? Indira Gandhi became PM of India when second fave feminism did not started in west Bhutto became Pm of Pakistan Sheikh Hasina and Khaleda zia Pm of Bangladesh. all these countries are hardcore patriarchal societies.On the other hand no muslim or dalit has been PM of India.

Yes there is certain fields like army their is male privilage because traditionally they are men's field and physically much more demanding.Still Indian army recruit women who run 5 km  in 40 minutes while for men it is 30 minutes in other words a man who runs 5 km in 31 minutes is unfit while a woman who run 5 km in 39 minutes is fit. so who has privilege here?

They should adopt a physical test like we have... where its the same across the board.  Instead of using arbritrary means to measure, we use tasks that mimic actual job like sandbag lifts.  

The reasoning behind the different running times is that most men have longer legs, meaning with every stride they go further, so to make up for it at the same timing, women generally have to expend more energy than men, and run at a faster pace to make up for shorter strides.  Its just a generalization, but most men are 5'10-6 feet while average woman is 5'5" so there is a LARGE difference in stride when you count that difference in length in both legs.  Also, the run is used to approximate VO2 MAX.  The object is not to show that you can arrive a certain distance at a certain time, but to show that your VO2 MAX is sufficient to be considered cardio fit.  It's impossible to mass test everyone the actual VO2 MAX test because its way too time consuming though it would be the most fair... so they approximate. (I'm in the Canadian military) 

They should adopt a physical test like we have... where its the same across the board.  Instead of using arbritrary means to measure, we use tasks that mimic actual job like sandbag lifts.  

The reasoning behind the different running times is that most men have longer legs, meaning with every stride they go further, so to make up for it at the same timing, women generally have to expend more energy than men, and run at a faster pace to make up for shorter strides.  Its just a generalization, but most men are 5'10-6 feet while average woman is 5'5" so there is a LARGE difference in stride when you count that difference in length in both legs.  Also, the run is used to approximate VO2 MAX.  The object is not to show that you can arrive a certain distance at a certain time, but to show that your VO2 MAX is sufficient to be considered cardio fit.  It's impossible to mass test everyone the actual VO2 MAX test because its way too time consuming though it would be the most fair... so they approximate. (I'm in the Canadian military) 

I am not sure about your stride theory . Yohan Blake is barely 5-11 and he can easily out run 6-6 and 7 feet guys. he has even defeated Osain bolt who is 6-5 . And yes Military always prefer fitter stronger taller faster  guys especially in area And for Soldier level they give extra points if you run faster so not sure they just want to test VO2 max

I am not sure about your stride theory . Yohan Blake is barely 5-11 and he can easily out run 6-6 and 7 feet guys. he has even defeated Osain bolt who is 6-5 . And yes Military always prefer fitter stronger taller faster  guys especially in area And for Soldier level they give extra points if you run faster so not sure they just want to test VO2 max

Also depends on what job you want in the military... women hold up better as fighter pilots because they can handle G force better and track multiple contacts better.  Men are generally better at infantry... Then there is everything in between, and vast majority do not trek on foot with a ton of gear anymore.  Myself I am a submariner.  I need to be able to open hatches, climb ladders, turn valves, wear fire fighting gear and hold a hose...but there is nowhere to run so running doesn't even come into it.  VO2 MAX gives idea of stamina.  Those men btw the ones that were shorter and outran taller guys, they still had to work at it harder than the taller guys...essentially they made up for it by being more fit then the taller guys but there is no way they matched the same stride - so in 100 meters the shorter guy had to do way more total strides. He just made up for it by conditioning himself to be more fit. 

^^^

Sikhs have just come out of a protracted period of being co-opted in European imperialism which has had devastatingly negative effects on them and their homeland. So don't be surprised if some of us a bit skeptical about Sikhs (male OR female) being co-opted abroad again. 

Let me put it in perspective: using your logic I could argue that those Muslims that have fled Europe to fight with ISIS are 'brave'. That doesn't make what they are doing right to me. 

Who was more brave - the black guys who fought in Vietnam for the US, or someone like the boxer Muhammad Ali, who didn't but spoke out about structural white racism and refused to participate in it. 

Dalla, you post too much phudu crap against 'pendu' Punjabis and Whites. Stop being so obsessed with whites, hardly see you posting against the 250 000 Sikhs killed in the last 30 years or in support of Bapu Surat Singh? Put your energy into something useful rather than bitching about white colonialism all day long. Some panthic masley you know.

Edited by SikhKhoj

Neo the Khalistan movement brought out a lot of bravery and chivalry in many Sikhs. We have very good examples of Sukha/Jinda and their gang. Read about their exploits, you will be amazed. Then there were people like Avtar Singh Brahma, Toofan Singh and Arvinder Singh Goldy etc. I think the bravery and chivalry is still there in the Sikh psyche, but you have to take into account that wars are not fought aahmo-saamne anymore, and neither are the same weapons used.

If you look at the shaheedi of Bhai Avtar Singh Shattrana or Gurdev Singh Debu, you can see the spirit of the puratan Sikhs.

Sukha Jinda's exploits are comparable to those of Bhai Bidhi Chand. Funnily both Jinda and Bhai Bidhi Chand were criminals before turning to Sikhi.

Dalla, you post too much phudu crap against 'pendu' Punjabis and Whites. Stop being so obsessed with whites, hardly see you posting against the 250 000 Sikhs killed in the last 30 years or in support of Bapu Surat Singh? Put your energy into something useful rather than bitching about white colonialism all day long. Some panthic masley you know.

I thought you was leaving the forum?

Please take your bullshit scholarship elsewhere.

Who is Bapu Surat Singh? 

I don't do pendu politics btw. Same mfs who are complaining about Hindus, treat other Sikhs like shite. I just see karma.... 

Panthic muslay are brought on ourselves 99% of the time. Usually by Sikhs of pendu peasant backgrounds. They can't stop complaining about Hindus, Chuhray, Chamaars, Tarkhans, Bapay etc. etc.

It's evident: they don't know how to get one with anyone else who is brown, but suck up to goray like they are their bitches. 

Edited by dalsingh101