Can someone please explain the meaning of this tuk, from astrological perspective? Daas might be wrong, but it seems like astrological terms are used in this tuk. 

Request: There might be many more arths of this tuk, but can we please focus on one arth in this topic. 

ਪਸਰੀ ਕਿਰਣਿ ਰਸਿ ਕਮਲ ਬਿਗਾਸੇ ਸਸਿ ਘਰਿ ਸੂਰੁ ਸਮਾਇਆ ॥ (ANG 1332)

The rays of light spread out, and the heart-lotus joyfully blossoms forth; the sun enters into the house of the moon

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Can someone please explain the meaning of this tuk, from astrological perspective? Daas might be wrong, but it seems like astrological terms are used in this tuk.

Request: There might be many more arths of this tuk, but can we please focus on one arth in this topic. 

The rays of light spread out, and the heart-lotus joyfully blossoms forth; the sun enters into the house of the moon

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

Do you mean astrological or astronomical?  Astronomy is different than astrology... astronomy is the study of the cosmos, stars, planets etc. While astrology is predicting one's future using the zodiac signs (which science has never been able to prove has any valididty).

If you are speaking of astronomy, then from the above it sounds like the description of a solar eclipse... When a total solar eclipse happens, there is an effect when the sun is completely covered by the moon, where the rays are actually visible all around as if they are spreading outward.  They are always there but we can't see them because the light of the sun blocks them out.  But when the light from thje sun is blocked by the moon (sun entering the house of the moon), then these rays are visible. 

Here is a pic that shows this effect from an actual solar eclipse in 2012:

eclipse.jpg?w=630
An eclipse is often used as a metaphor for the occurrance of something significant happening. (When an eclipse happened in ancient times, it was often a sign that something big was happening).  Immediately before this tuk says:

ਊਪਰਿ ਕੂਪੁ ਗਗਨ ਪਨਿਹਾਰੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਪੀਵਣਹਾਰਾ ॥
 Ūpar kūp gagan panihārī amriṯ pīvaṇhārā.
The Well is high up in the Tenth Gate; the Ambrosial Nectar flows, and I drink it in.

ਜਿਸ ਕੀ ਰਚਨਾ ਸੋ ਬਿਧਿ ਜਾਣੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਵੀਚਾਰਾ ॥੨॥
Jis kī racẖnā so biḏẖ jāṇai gurmukẖ gi▫ān vīcẖārā. ||2||
The creation is His; He alone knows its ways and means. The Gurmukh contemplates spiritual wisdom. ||2|| 

Meaning that there was contemplation going on...  and immediately after was:

ਪਸਰੀ ਕਿਰਣਿ ਰਸਿ ਕਮਲ ਬਿਗਾਸੇ ਸਸਿ ਘਰਿ ਸੂਰੁ ਸਮਾਇਆ ॥
Pasrī kiraṇ ras kamal bigāse sas gẖar sūr samā▫i▫ā.
The rays of light spread out, and the heart-lotus joyfully blossoms forth; the sun enters into the house of the moon. 
ਕਾਲੁ ਬਿਧੁੰਸਿ ਮਨਸਾ ਮਨਿ ਮਾਰੀ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੩॥
Kāl biḏẖuns mansā man mārī gur parsāḏ parabẖ pā▫i▫ā. ||3||
I have conquered death; the desires of the mind are destroyed. By Guru's Grace, I have found God. ||3|| 

To me this is using an eclipse (a significant astronomical occurrence often associated as a harbinger something significant happening) as a metaphor to get the point across as to the signifigance of finding God within yourself.  It's such a huge event that it can only be compared to something so significant as an eclipse was seen to the whole the world.  In other words, the 'eclipse' was in finding God, and thus death was conquered because truth was now known about reality and that there really is no death (it's part of the illusion). The 'rays of light spreading out' were in the gaining of that knowledge (like we often use a lightbulb being turned on when there is some sort of realization or idea popping into someone's head, like a light being turned on).

The heart lotus is obviously representing the heart chakra, which coincidentally enough is associated to anhad naad... the unstruck sound current - and finding ONEness - it's the sound of all creation - the base of reality. IN fact in Sanskrit it's referred to as Anhata meaning literally 'unstruck'.  So it seems to me that what this shabad is saying is that:

Through contemplation, the tenth gate was opened, through the heart chakra he heard the unstruck sound current, and connect with God.  The realization of this was so significant he compared to a significant astronomical event like an eclipse.

Edited by Satkirin_Kaur

okay I will stop posting then... I just thought the imagery described seemed like a metaphor... Lucky, isn't that basically what I said?  I never said that sun / moon were being spoken of as in the physical sun and moon, but reference as a metaphor. Basically what both of you said (with only minor difference) is what I was trying to say.  I referenced heart chakra because that's the translation Paapiman used... 

Edited by Satkirin_Kaur

There must be so much more,...and I've only just picked the above up here and there and with my own experiences-->conclusions.......but like Das says,, it's very difficult to find an astrologer who is close to the truth in reality because they wouldn't be charging the money!

Bro, Rikhi Bhrigu jee Maharaaj introduced this field of study, so that Brahmans could make a living out of it. There is nothing wrong, if a Astrologer charges for his services; even doctors, dentists, etc get paid for their services. As long as the Astrologer is not duping people. it should be fine.

Bhul chuk maaf

Bro, Rikhi Bhrigu jee Maharaaj introduced this field of study, so that Brahmans could make a living out of it. There is nothing wrong, if a Astrologer charges for his services; even doctors, dentists, etc get paid for their services. As long as the Astrologer is not duping people. it should be fine.

Bhul chuk maaf

no worries,..your maaf ;)  lol

• 9 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2015 at 0:22 PM, Lucky said:

but there is also significance of 5 digits on each side of our body on hands and feet

Yes, Five is required to move Seven to Twelve in Space. So, here is the complete (not so complete) picture for the basis of Astrology:

• Seven is a clue for everything that happens in Time. 7 comes from 3+4 (3 gunas + 4 elements). i.e 7 Traditional planets; 7 Major Chakras; 7 Rishis, and so on.
  • Twelve is a clue for all things that co-exist in space. 12 comes from 3*4 (play of 3 gunas with 4 basic elements in Space). These are the twelve basic points with which everything in space is connected. It is possible to find the right way by connecting the spatial relationship of everything that occurs upon the earth with twelve permanent points in space — the twelve signs of the Zodiac in the cosmos.
  • Five is required to move Seven to Twelve in Space.
  • And there is always certain relation between the numbers Seven and Twelve, and that this relation has something to do with time and space. Time is revealed according to the number Twelve.

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2015 at 11:28 PM, paapiman said:

Bhul chuk maaf

who told you so ? He has done his own study and created a database of planetary combination charts known as Kundalis ..this is a like a research paper and the intent was not commercial. Is there any reference that Bhrigu Rishi went to the brahmans to tell them hey guys take this database and charge people to predict their future ?

Guest guest
On 13 August 2015 at 9:55 AM, paapiman said:

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

these are yoga references, not astrology

On 7/11/2016 at 2:01 AM, jaikaara said:

who told you so ? He has done his own study and created a database of planetary combination charts known as Kundalis ..this is a like a research paper and the intent was not commercial. Is there any reference that Bhrigu Rishi went to the brahmans to tell them hey guys take this database and charge people to predict their future ?

Paaji, Brahmans were cursed by Mata Lakshmi jee. She said that she will never visit them, which meant that they will face shortage of money (Mata Lakshmi jee is the Goddess of wealth). That was one of the main reasons that Rishi Bhrigu jee developed this field of study(Astrology), through which Brahmans could earn a living.

Bhul chuk maaf

10 hours ago, paapiman said:

Paaji, Brahmans were cursed by Mata Lakshmi jee. She said that she will never visit them, which meant that they will face shortage of money (Mata Lakshmi jee is the Goddess of wealth). That was one of the main reasons that Rishi Bhrigu jee developed this field of study(Astrology), through which Brahmans could earn a living.

Bhul chuk maaf

whosoever told you this is talking haywire...Bhrighu ji is one of the early Saptarishis..what connection would be between him and the brahman 'jaati' ?

Brahmans as a jaati are later formation.

• 2 months later...
On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 3:16 PM, jaikaara said:

whosoever told you this is talking haywire...Bhrighu ji is one of the early Saptarishis..what connection would be between him and the brahman 'jaati' ?

Brahmans as a jaati are later formation.

http://bhrigusamhita.co.in/history.htm

try reading this, bro. It will answer ur question.