Jatt-Sikh wars

paapiman

Sangat jee: There were two battles fought between Singhs and Jatts (Brars). Jatts were the culprits, who instigated this conflict. For more details, one can read Episode# 137 and 138 in Sri Gur Panth Prakash by Gyani Rattan Singh jee. 

Some highlights (including the causes) of the first battle are below:

Jatt-1.thumb.jpg.d079429d0b89b481ceca9d8

Jatt-2.thumb.jpg.334df445b6dd2b7ac0a93d0

Jatt-3.thumb.jpg.a72b91e3cb032f8c7e8885d

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Baba Deep Singh Ji was also a Randhawa Jatt, I believe.

Baba Ishar Singh Ji Kaleran were Gill Jatt.

Bhagat Dhann Ji was a Jatt

Baba Nand Singh Ji Kaleran were Ramgarhia.

And the 5 Bhagats & 5 Pyare belonged to different castes as well.

So I guess, there is atleast one Mahapurakh Brahmgyani in each caste...hence removing the hiearchy of caste in spiritual terms.

To note, Kuldip Singh is a Brar involved in 1984 attack.  And Punjab DGP KP is a gill.  So caste cannot be generalized into good or bad.

As Bhangu indicates, there were pro-Sikhi Jats who were committed to Sikh values and saw themselves as part of a wider community, and there were anti-Sikhi Jats. 

I think after the latter got their ar5e whooped by the mixed Khalsa, they infiltrated the Sikh movement through conversion. 

What religion were these jatts prior to joining Sikhi?

Given the plurality of religion in Panjab, might have had their own tribal jathera thing going on?

This bit is funny: 

As the Majhail Singhs asked the Brars to get themselves initiated

The latter chided Majhails to get initiated through their assholes. 

Paapiman, you're right, they appear to have descended from someone who had already taken Amrit. 

Here's the original text:

bhangu.thumb.png.ad5ba4d1d481a4a5217f296

What is ਅੰਦ੍ਰਾਹੁਲ???

Edited by dalsingh101

Interesting to see that khalsa Singh's forced bears to give up their women in marriages

I wonder if the wives looked like this?

511284447.jpg?v=2&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=52Wpd

Edited by dalsingh101

On a serious, it's interesting to see that Singhs basically smacked down Brar Jats into submission and compelled them to join their ranks..... hhhmmm

The few Brars I've met have been dodgy mofos. Very proud and arrogant. I wonder how they'd feel if they knew their history? 

Are we talking about forced conversions here or forced political alliances? The Mughals for instance would smack down the rajputs, and then enroll them into their army and go subjugate another part of India using those very same defeated rajputs.

Edited by amardeep

Are there any other historical sources which mention about these wars?

Bhul chuk maaf

There is a early European account in  Sicques, Tiger or thieves (ed. Madra and Singh) by a guy called Francis Wendel if I recall rightly? It was from about 1770 and describes battles between Singhs and Jats. 

There is a early European account in  Sicques, Tiger or thieves (ed. Madra and Singh) by a guy called Francis Wendel if I recall rightly? It was from about 1770 and describes battles between Singhs and Jats. 

Thanks bro for the info. Do they describe the same battles or different ones?

Bhul chuk maaf

The few Brars I've met have been dodgy mofos. Very proud and arrogant. I wonder how they'd feel if they knew their history? 

I used to with with a Brar, who came from Panjab.  the guy was a riot. He was so funny. He never looked down on anyone, and we had a great laugh trying to teach him how to tell the time in english.