CHAUPAI -FULL LENGTH

Gurfateh

Both the Nirmala (see Mahant Ganesh Singh ji's 'Panj Granth Steek') and Nihang sampuran rehras sahib are quite similar (particularly in their chosen sections from Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji). Interestingly, so is the Aarti of both Nihangs and Nirmalae. Pashaura Singh has (not suprisingly) dated Nihang rehras as the oldest exisiting form.

Gurfateh

Niranjana, You can now buy a complete Buddha Dal gutkae from Chittar Singh Jiwan Singh bookshop in Amritsar. I don't know about how much the postage is but you can contact them at www.csjs.com. This has full Aarti-Aarta, full rehras, long kirtan sohila and specific Nihang banis like Salok Dumalla de, bani for ragra to, etc.

I have never heard of any printed copies of the Nirmala Aarti or full ardas. I am very lucky to have secured a copy for myself from my baba. Mahant Ganesha Singh ji in the above text has included a fairly standard ardas with a Nirmala twist.

• 1 month later...

also doesn't the nanaksar gutke have longer versions of bania? I remember reading as part of the Chaupai sahib (or rehraas sahib?)

"hai hai hai sabh jag bheiyoh,

jai jai jai sur lok"

with reference to the great deeds of Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji. In the after life there was "jai jai" for his great sacrifice in the name of dharm.

awww

• 2 weeks later...

The cut happened in about 1928 I beleive when Panj Kandian took head, at Sri Akaal Takht Sahib. I can't rember details just that these where the malicious individuals who started cutting sikhi at its roots, by shortning Sri Chaupi Sahib in the manour which they did. The panj kandian also did wide prechaar of raag mala not being gurbani, and did a lot of other stupidness. Their was a video on the net on one of the taksal sites about these dumb asses.

• 5 months later...

well u kno the rehit maryada was made by the top leaders of all the jathebandis including taksal, Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa.

And wen Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindrawale's nephew decided to read raag mala in the akal takt, who was it that got him beaten up??

You lot seem to insult the panth with every chance u have, wen at the end of the day, all those singhs that u worship and hope to be like, all stood together to hold the panth together, and instead of really finding out wot they did, u go on wot u have heard from other ppl and make ur own decisions.

The way things are going no wonder the panths falling to pieces coz there are so many singhs who instead of joining together and fighting the real enemy, (the panj chore), we're jus fighting ourselves.

Personally i think that its a blessing that we dnt have Khalistan, i mean if it is meant to happen, then it will. At the moment it isnt, and ppl have to stop blaming India or the Muslims for everything.

If we all agreed on the rehit maryada like those great singhs did at the time of making it, and respected the fact that it says u can practice ur personal sikhi, e.g raag mala, at home, then maybe we wudnt all be arguing on these forums about topics which really aint really gna make a difference.

e.g. is sant jarnail singh ji gna come back?? Wot if he does, how is that gna affect u or ur sikhi???Are u suddenly gna transform into something else??

maas maas kar moorakh jhagarrae giaan dhhiaan nehee jaanai ||

The fools argue about flesh and meat, but they know nothing about meditation and spiritual wisdom.

bt then the next line asks "What is mass??"

koun maas koun saag kehaavai kis mehi paap samaanae ||

What is called meat, and what is called green vegetables? What leads to sin?

gai(n)addaa maar hom jag keeeae dhaevathiaa kee baanae ||

It was the habit of the gods to kill the rhinoceros, and make a feast of the burnt offering.(metaphoric, not literal)

maas shhodd bais nak pakarrehi raathee maanas khaanae ||

Those who renounce meat, and hold their noses when sitting near it, devour men at night.

farr kar lokaa(n) no dhikhalaavehi giaan dhhiaan nehee soojhai ||

They practice hypocrisy, and make a show before other people, but they do not understand anything about meditation or spiritual wisdom.

naanak a(n)dhhae sio kiaa keheeai kehai n kehiaa boojhai ||

O Nanak, what can be said to the blind people? They cannot answer, or even understand what is said.

a(n)dhhaa soe j a(n)dhh kamaavai this ridhai s lochan naahee ||

They alone are blind, who act blindly. They have no eyes in their hearts

maath pithaa kee rakath nipa(n)nae mashhee maas n khaa(n)hee ||

They are produced from the blood of their mothers and fathers, but they do not eat fish or meat.

eisathree purakhai jaa(n) nis maelaa outhhai ma(n)dhh kamaahee ||

But when men and women meet in the night, they come together in the flesh.

(How many of u can truthfully say that u dnt do that above??)

maasahu ni(n)mae maasahu ja(n)mae ham maasai kae bhaa(n)ddae ||

In the flesh we are conceived, and in the flesh we are born; we are vessels of flesh.

giaan dhhiaan kashh soojhai naahee chathur kehaavai paa(n)ddae ||

You know nothing of spiritual wisdom and meditation, even though you call yourself clever, O religious scholar.

baahar kaa maas ma(n)dhaa suaamee ghar kaa maas cha(n)gaeraa ||

O master, you believe that flesh on the outside is bad, but the flesh of those in your own home is good.

jeea ja(n)th sabh maasahu hoeae jeee laeiaa vaasaeraa ||

All beings and creatures are flesh; the soul has taken up its home in the flesh.

abhakh bhakhehi bhakh thaj shhoddehi a(n)dhh guroo jin kaeraa ||

They eat the uneatable; they reject and abandon what they could eat. They have a teacher who is blind.

maasahu ni(n)mae maasahu ja(n)mae ham maasai kae bhaa(n)ddae ||

In the flesh we are conceived, and in the flesh we are born; we are vessels of flesh

giaan dhhiaan kashh soojhai naahee chathur kehaavai paa(n)ddae ||

You know nothing of spiritual wisdom and meditation, even though you call yourself clever, O religious scholar.

maas puraanee maas kathaeba(n)aee chahu jug maas kamaanaa ||

Meat is allowed in the Puraanas, meat is allowed in the Bible and the Koran. Throughout the four ages, meat has been used.

jaj kaaj veeaahi suhaavai outhhai maas samaanaa ||

It is featured in sacred feasts and marriage festivities; meat is used in them

eisathree purakh nipajehi maasahu paathisaah sulathaanaa(n) ||

Women, men, kings and emperors originate from meat.

jae oue dhisehi narak jaa(n)dhae thaa(n) ounh kaa dhaan n lainaa ||

If you see them going to hell, then do not accept charitable gifts from them.

dhae(n)adhaa narak surag laidhae dhaekhahu eaehu dhhin(g)aanaa ||

The giver goes to hell, while the receiver goes to heaven - look at this injustice.

aap n boojhai lok bujhaaeae paa(n)ddae kharaa siaanaa ||

You do not understand your own self, but you preach to other people. O Pandit, you are very wise indeed.

paa(n)ddae thoo jaanai hee naahee kithhahu maas oupa(n)naa ||

O Pandit, you do not know where meat originated.

thoeiahu a(n)n kamaadh kapaahaa(n) thoeiahu thribhavan ga(n)naa ||

Corn, sugar cane and cotton are produced from water. The three worlds came from water

thoaa aakhai ho bahu bidhh hashhaa thoai bahuth bikaaraa ||

Water says, ""I am good in many ways."" But water takes many forms.

eaethae ras shhodd hovai sa(n)niaasee naanak kehai vichaaraa ||2||

Forsaking these delicacies, one becomes a true Sannyaasee, a detached hermit. Nanak reflects and speaks. ||2||

Sorry if i have hurt anyones feelings or said anything wrong. Its time for reflection on ones self and really see the things that we argue about. Wot these arguements really do, how often these SAME arguments/discussions take place.

Is it jus for ego, to show that u are intelligent?? Remember we are nothing, and god has blessed us.

phul chuk maaf

Wjkk wjkf!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The extra bani in budhadal gutka according to oral tradition when I asked a nihang singh baba in India, is due to the beautiful effects of Degh, he said that when the printers were ment to stop the machines just carried on.

LoL I wouldnt hold this story true to you heart I also wouldnt disagree with the baba as he dont like being corrected.