Sounds/Tones/ Noise

I had a weird experience that I wanted to share, maybe someone had something similar and can shed some light on it. Some background info, I have been going to waheguru japa sessions at a local gurudwara  regularly in the last week, and have been actively listening utube videos regarding naam simran. Todays morning session felt more relaxing and peaceful than usual, and as the tabla was playing I felt the vibrations in my spine which were pleasant. Usually i get sleepy but today I didnt feel sleepy at all but felt very refreshed. 

So I came home and took a nap. When i was sleeping i became aware that I am dreaming. i cant recall the dreams. What I remember is that i started hearing combination of sounds some of which i cant recall.  Sounds were a combination of ringing, machine vibrating, crickets, and electronic type sounds hard to explain. I started focusing on these and they kept getting loud and loud to a point where I got scared and uncomfortable. Then I realized my body was paralysed and I couldn’t move at all. That was scary. I started to shake myself off and was eventually able to wake up. its been 2 hours now. i can still hear a very mild hint of some ringing type sounds. 

Has anyone had something similar happened to them while sleeping ? Thanks,

16 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

If that happens just come back slowly and don't rush yourself to gain body control and trying to force body parts to move. 

Yes, I was rushing to gain control of the body, that was the scary part. But if it happens again I will be more careful and try to relax into it.

You seriously need to listen to the q&a's by Bhai Simranjeet Tohana from the links I posted few days ago. You will understand more now your experiencing yourself. 

Keep going veer. 

Yes I have been listening to those videos. Those are amazing and unbelievable amount of gyaan and motivation. Things make more sense and I have a more clearer idea on how to proceed. 

Keep going veer. 

Thanks veer ji, its a good motivation to keep going and hopefully Maharaj does kirpa. Although been under the weather today with flu and fever lol.

wjkk wjkf

On 1/22/2020 at 12:28 PM, Mooorakh said:

that's what I should feel for my Babaji- He's there. All I need to do is - surrender- just give off

I think is the ultimate path, just complete surrender. These last two days i was really down with fever, and vomiting and what gave me strength was imagining myself in the lap of Guru Nanak Dev ji and being protected by Him. Once you give all you worries to Baba ji he will take care.  thanks for your kind words bhenji. Also I realized the importance of a healthy body. As long as we have health we should try our best to meet Waheguru JI because once we are old it will be really difficult.

It was not a regular sleep veerji, it was your temporary visit to - heaven. It was SUNN, awareness, pure consciousness , antar dhyaan, deep meditation ⛩📿 etc what ever we may call it but since beginning we have been understanding that as we loose the control of our bodies we are sleeping, we are not able to differentiate. Once we will gain avastha ( with Guru Sahib's kirpa) we may attain this state voluntarily. 

Hopefully Guru ji will provide more clarity. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

On 1/22/2020 at 9:28 AM, Mooorakh said:

you gave words to my feelings, when I mentioned few days ago that we get confused if we are awake or sleeping..... It was not a regular sleep veerji, it was your temporary visit to - heaven. It was SUNN, awareness, pure consciousness , antar dhyaan, deep meditation ⛩📿 etc what ever we may call it but since beginning we have been understanding that as we loose the control of our bodies we are sleeping, we are not able to differentiate. Once we will gain avastha ( with Guru Sahib's kirpa) we may attain this state voluntarily.           { @Lucky and @Sat1176 veerji pls correct me if I am wrong}

Agree :)

• 1 month later...

It was not a regular sleep veerji, it was your temporary visit to - heaven. It was SUNN, awareness, pure consciousness , antar dhyaan, deep meditation ⛩📿

I recently spoke with Bhai Dharmjit Singh ji from Gurmat Meditation. He said what we call sleep is actually Sunn. He said whenever you feel sleepy during simran you should go more deeper into it.

@Sat1176 @Lucky  i have recently noted that when doing simran or path I start to fall asleep there is a jerk or jhatka that wakes you up. Is that just a physiological response or am I reading too much into it ?

Also in regards to ringing, I start to notice it when I am concentrating such as during path, simran and while I am typing this.  But its so faint, maybe 1 from a scale of 1 to 100.  I have focused on it but it still stays very faint.  Will it ever change or is it of any significance, in terms of progress ?

And while I am typing all this, an inner voice is saying why are you wasting your time, keep japping Naam ,  and place faith on Guru Ji, everything will happen as He wishes. 

5 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

Glad to had a chat with Bhai Dharamjit Singh. Very nice Gurmukh. 

hanji, He is a very sweet Gurmukh 🙏🏽 

5 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

Both your experiences are correct

thanks for confirming, it helps because atleast I know I am on a path, one day Guru ji will do kirpa 🙏🏽

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

but the truth is that Sukham actions/subtle behavior ----> leads to physiological changes AND vice versa. 

True 🙏🏽

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

Do more saas saas and antarghat simran. The faint sound you hear will start opening up

Thanks ji, will do that. I just searched the forum to see what antarghat meant.  i will employ the below mentioned jugti:

On 2/14/2018 at 9:57 PM, Lucky said:

My suggestion  is to do "saas saas".    Do this very quietly with focus on breath. Make the breathing long with antarghat or whisper "waaaaahhhhhheeeee" long pause, then  "guroooooooo',   long pause.  This is what helped me get to next levels.

🙏🏽

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

LIsten to this inner voice. Try to identify it.

Will do.

I am sharing some more maybe someone had similar experiences.

Last night I became aware during dreaming. The details are very blurry. I felt these sensation of vibration and sounds , cant really explain.  Also felt sensation of numbness and tingling in body and arms. These sensations were neither pleasurable nor painful, just there. There was a feeling of a little vulnerability. I don’t remember the rest.

I have been paying more attention to my ears. I have also noticed a whooshing sound in ears that coincides with pulse and last for 4-5 beats 1-2 times per day. In medical terms its called pulsatile tinnitus but obviously its not medical. Has anyone experienced these whooshing sounds ?

Also, I noticed a distant sound which sounded like a washing machine in far distance. This was a very subtle dim sound.  Lol i went down to check if someone had the  washing machine on but nope.  

Please shed some light for me , thanks 🙏🏽 @Lucky @Sat1176

On 3/20/2020 at 1:50 PM, Ragmaala said:

Last night I became aware during dreaming. The details are very blurry. I felt these sensation of vibration and sounds , cant really explain.  Also felt sensation of numbness and tingling in body and arms. These sensations were neither pleasurable nor painful, just there. There was a feeling of a little vulnerability. I don’t remember the rest.

sounds good!

I have been paying more attention to my ears. I have also noticed a whooshing sound in ears that coincides with pulse and last for 4-5 beats 1-2 times per day. In medical terms its called pulsatile tinnitus but obviously its not medical. Has anyone experienced these whooshing sounds ?

Yes, this could be vascular/pulsatile tinnitus phenomena as you say and it could also be coming from jugular-carotid area (what Dr. told me) However, you're only beginning to hear it since you are internalizing more.  I've never been too sure because I was also told that they were pavan-shabads. Now, the same type of shabads manifest and repeat themselves later in sunn as anhad. References in gurbani for "chauri" fly-brush will give some clues.  At this stage, I wouldn't get too wrapped up on whether they are physiological sounds or pavan shabads. Maybe a bit of both? just  keep attention on jap and shabad and get prep'd for drinking amrit ras. 

a distant sound which sounded like a washing machine in far distance. This was a very subtle dim sound.  Lol i went down to check if someone had the  washing machine on but nope.  

Many sounds are heard between pavan shabads(as per chakras) and akash tat.  As you ascend and go past the akasj tat you have to break through a barrier called "dhaval". This is akin to earth's outer surface at which gravity acts.  Goal is to keep going and break past this into the sunn.

For now, you are hearing faint shabad, and the more you go antarghat, the closer you'll start to get. The frequencies will change until you are at a stage when it is 24/7.

Good efforts are leading to kirpa. Keep going!

On 3/18/2020 at 9:35 AM, Ragmaala said:

I recently spoke with Bhai Dharmjit Singh ji from Gurmat Meditation. He said what we call sleep is actually Sunn. He said whenever you feel sleepy during simran you should go more deeper into it.

@Sat1176 @Lucky  i have recently noted that when doing simran or path I start to fall asleep there is a jerk or jhatka that wakes you up. Is that just a physiological response or am I reading too much into it ?

Also in regards to ringing, I start to notice it when I am concentrating such as during path, simran and while I am typing this.  But its so faint, maybe 1 from a scale of 1 to 100.  I have focused on it but it still stays very faint.  Will it ever change or is it of any significance, in terms of progress ?

And while I am typing all this, an inner voice is saying why are you wasting your time, keep japping Naam ,  and place faith on Guru Ji, everything will happen as He wishes. 

Regarding the ringing type sound and the washing machine type sound I spoke briefly with Bhai Dharmjit Singh and Bhai Simranjit Singh Tohana. I am sharing here for benefit of others. I am not sure how much helpful it will be but here it goes anyways.

Bhai Dharmjit Singh Ji was very motivating and encouraging.  He did bachan that the sounds will get louder, and keep listening to them. 

Bhai Simranjit Singh said that the teee teeee peee peeee sounds, as well as the machine/drums/nagara sounds are signs of kundalini awakening in sukhmana and are sounds of ‘khat chakar’.  He said do as much Sehaj Simran that you can do , and if the vichars stop stay in Sehaj.  Basically in line with what @Lucky  veer ji emphasized as well.Thanks all 🙏🏽

• 3 weeks later...

Life situations have taken a toll on Naam Japa. Havent done japa in 10 days and i am really starting to see its effects. I started studying for an exam. Studying took away time from Simran. I felt bad and I was neither able to study properly nor do simran.  Not doing simran is making the mind to go back to its old grooves. Studying really increases the treguni thoughts which drag the mind even down.

I know our every Karam should be bhagti but its so hard to actually execute in practical life. 

A very subtle detail...first time I noticed a little vibration for a minute just near the xiphoid process, maybe the beating of heart. The previous sounds are still present in 1/10. Even though the mind is scattered its the grace of the GURU JI that he is making me hear these. Maybe he is trying to tell me I am with you, keep going 👍🏽

• 7 months later...

The sounds have been on and off since last few months but have been more noticeable again. Last night had an interesting experience. I slept late than usual. Woke up in the middle of night, was half asleep. Body was numb and still but was half awake. The sounds got really loud and sounded like a very high voltage, not sure how long it lasted. Was trying to merge myself in that sound. The experience was neither blissful nor painful. Also woke up in middle of a dream and noticed myself saying wahe guru , maybe I was scared.  The sound looked similar to the below video and got really loud and faster  Anyone hears a similar sound to high voltage like below?

On 1/21/2020 at 3:04 PM, Ragmaala said:

I had a weird experience that I wanted to share, maybe someone had something similar and can shed some light on it. Some background info, I have been going to waheguru japa sessions at a local gurudwara  regularly in the last week, and have been actively listening utube videos regarding naam simran. Todays morning session felt more relaxing and peaceful than usual, and as the tabla was playing I felt the vibrations in my spine which were pleasant. Usually i get sleepy but today I didnt feel sleepy at all but felt very refreshed. 

So I came home and took a nap. When i was sleeping i became aware that I am dreaming. i cant recall the dreams. What I remember is that i started hearing combination of sounds some of which i cant recall.  Sounds were a combination of ringing, machine vibrating, crickets, and electronic type sounds hard to explain. I started focusing on these and they kept getting loud and loud to a point where I got scared and uncomfortable. Then I realized my body was paralysed and I couldn’t move at all. That was scary. I started to shake myself off and was eventually able to wake up. its been 2 hours now. i can still hear a very mild hint of some ringing type sounds. 

Has anyone had something similar happened to them while sleeping ? Thanks,

It depends how the sounds made you feel. If they made you uneasy and the paralysis feeling was negative, as if you felt something was trying to get you or harm you, they were probably from hell/ negative spirits.

If they were soothing and made you feel at ease and more relaxed, they could have been Anhad Naad. I’ve heard both, I got paralyzed a lot back in the day by negative spirits/ demons etc. 

When you do simran and hear actual Anhad Naad, and your body becomes still and doesn’t move alot, it should be a calming, nice feeling.

Please don’t try and put negative ideas into peoples head. If someone during abhiyaas someone encounters something negative let them state else it’s just speculation on our part. I would say to everyone remain positive until you personally encounter something which frightens you. These days there are so many Gurmukhs one can consult so no need to worry.

Guest Em Kaur

I think this has already been covered by others on the forum, however, just to say that I too had this experience.  I thought it was tinnitus and went to the doctors.  It might be a good idea to get checked out just in case as tinnitus can be caused by many things including infections, sudden changes in hearing loss and anxiety (or fear).

For me though, it was a precursor to an explosive kundalini awakening.  I didn't know this at the time and was very disturbed by a constant multi tonal tinnitus. I can't remember where I read it or the exact details but it has something to do with your ear canal adjusting to a change in vibration frequency.  Your non physical body changes to energy quicker that the physical body so sometimes there is a bit of adjustment to be done.  This can also happen with kundalini where the nervous system takes some time to catch up with the enormous shift/introduction of kundalini energy.