Canada vs UK

Premi

11 hours ago, paapiman said:

Sajjan was a big disappointment.

Bhul chuk maaf

Yea he was, bit of unluck you can say he caught off guard when he made that comment I was architect in Afghanistan mission in indian media..I meant what were you thinking that witch haunt stayed with him all his political career among other things

45 minutes ago, sarabatam said:

Yea he was, bit of unluck you can say he caught off guard when he made that comment I was architect in Afghanistan mission in indian media..I meant what were you thinking that witch haunt stayed with him all his political career among other things

Don't know anything about this, can you elaborate? 

1 hour ago, sarabatam said:

When he became defence minister, he was invited in some Asian conference he goes he was architect in mission in Afghanistan which was factually incorrect. It followed him wherever he went ..media or optics went on witch haunt since then.

Doesn’t sound like anything serious.

plenty of politicians in the UK and US have worse episodes in their political history and still become Presidents and Prime Ministers 

4 hours ago, MrSingh1699 said:

@sarabatam Ji there is no real major Sikh political clout in the UK.

The best that can be hoped for is that if Preet Kaur Gill becomes the future International Development Secretary she ensures reparations for assisting poor Sikhs to the tune of 5billion over 10years (as that is what the UK government has given the terrorist Pakistani regime over the last 10years despite the British Government's role in 1984).

Prior to 2019 there were no Sikhs in the UK Parliament of 650 MP's.

Pakistani Punjabi's on the other hand have almost 10% of the seats of the opposition Labour party.

In contrast Canada had 20 Sikh MP's out of 338 in Justin Trudeau's first Govt - which was the community exceptionally punching above its weight.

However, I foresee all parties replacing many Sikh faces with Hindu and Muslim ones (as that's where Ottawa sees it's greater long term financial interests over time) outside of the usual GTA and metro Vancouver strongholds .

Shadow government, voting blocks, local offices and accountability. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you’re thinking of emigrating then you need to do your homework. What someone else may like/consider important may not be relevant at all to you. A move abroad isn’t going to mean you can’t go somewhere else or come back for any reason either.