For Lying Singhs

Guest BikramjitSingh

ummm u did not understand exactly what was being portrayed by him and me. you should read it more thorougly.

The quote doesn't qualify the word lying. There's nothing there that says 'in so and so situation' it's o.k. to lie. Same as with drinking alcohol, extra marital relations etc. Perhaps you could also think up a scenario where these would be o.k.

Guest BikramjitSingh

impossible..... bikramjit doesn't read thoroughly.... he just finds what he likes...

Yeah that's right. You've caught me out and I thought I was hiding it so well. Go to the top of the class

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

Any sarcasm/smart comments and they are going to be deleted. If you have something to say to a paricualar member, use the PM feature.

We've basically had enough of some members using this forum to fuel/further their indifferences with other members. If you have a problem with someone sort it out, but we DON'T want a publc display of it here...

(Sorry Khandaydhaar Ji to to put this in your thread)

Thanx

Fateh Ji.

I would be happy to comment, but im not wise enough. :twisted: :twisted:

I guess my common sense is not that common after all,

I am very happy that veer ji has found this rehtnama , he belives in his right mind that Singhs should not lie. I agree, they shouldn't lie for no reason, but there are certains cases where it is helpfull to lie.

He was dishearted by the fact that myself and a few others said it was ok to lie. For this he has gone away to prove his point by using texts, this is probably the most sensible thing to do, research the topic and then repost.

But i could Lie, rgiht now and say you have changed my mind, just to put your mind at ease, so that you can think, yes, i have go through to some1. But i wont, i still stick with my decision, regardless of what the reht says, im sure i do many things that are not in accordance to every reht, but that is Me. I am not a reht Following person. I try to use common sense, but as i said before, i guess its not that common.

Thanks for finding that, i will keep it mind, but to avoid repeating ourselves over again, i will not post about why we can lie or cant lie.

Fateh

:shock: Nutters the lot of you. :D :shock:

Guest BikramjitSingh

Muggermuch

Who are you actually referring to ?

If it's me, i didn't find the Rehat quoted, it was found by Khandaydhaar. If you meant Khandaydhaar then she is not a 'veerji' she is a Bibi

The quote doesn't qualify the word lying. There's nothing there that says 'in so and so situation' it's o.k. to lie. Same as with drinking alcohol, extra marital relations etc. Perhaps you could also think up a scenario where these would be o.k.

Why did Bhai Nabi and Ghani Khan lie when they acclaimed that the Person they were Carrying on their Shoulder was Uch tha Peer when he was Guru Gobind Singh?? Their Lying was justified, because they had to lie to Protect the Truth.

Next time a Girl runs into your home with half torn clothes, and a while later a Man comes to your doorstep asking you if you had seen a girl run by, please feel free to tell him the Truth that she is hiding in your house.

Picking up a sword should be your last choice, not the First.

Look if you don't understand what i am trying to say then simply ignore me...i can't explain it any better than i have in the other thread.

Sat Sri Akal

Why did Bhai Nabi and Ghani Khan lie when they acclaimed that the Person they were Carrying on their Shoulder was Uch tha Peer when he was Guru Gobind Singh?? Their Lying was justified, because they had to lie to Protect the Truth.

:arrow: Shri Gobind Singh ji himself said that to have Dharam, we should have Raj... Raj Bina Dharam Nahi... (plz correct me about the exact wording) and for running a Raj, there has to be a certain kind of politics involved to make things happen... so if Guru Ji had thought on those lines then He himself would not have agreed to be carried that way... i.e. by a kind of lying for the sake of Dharam... Truth...

Next time a Girl runs into your home with half torn clothes, and a while later a Man comes to your doorstep asking you if you had seen a girl run by, please feel free to tell him the Truth that she is hiding in your house.

Picking up a sword should be your last choice, not the First.

:arrow: Totally agree :!:

Look if you don't understand what i am trying to say then simply ignore me... i can't explain it any better than i have in the other thread.

I think you make a perfect sense to me... :)

Chardi Kala

IDEAL Singh

• 17 years later...