RED AND GREEN, Anti - Sikhs Colours!!!!

okay, from a psychological perspective, colours do affect your state of mind. but in such a miniscule way, that it doesn't really make a difference. and even then, the results of most of these experiments are controversial and tell us that colours such as blue, white, and black will actually depress you... so... i dunno bout them chardi kala Singhs being so chardi kala if they surround themselves with blue all the time.

and on that note... if this colour thing is true, then jolly ole' saint nick is definitely not gettin through those pearly gates of heaven any time soon.

Ok so maybe it was forbidden then because the Mughal army wore those colors and like jss said you wouldnt want to mistake a Sikh for a Mughal just because they might be wearing one of those colors.

This needs to be seen in its historical context. It doesnt apply today since things have changed and there isnt an army in red and green after Sikhs.

I've realised that many Sikhs dont look into the historical circumstances in which certain things were said, they just try to apply those same things to life today and sometimes they really dont make sense.

Noor if your looking for historical justification then you need to check out if the colour green was common amongst muslims and turk during the time of the first 10 Gurus..

Im quite sure it was blue which was worn by them, or else why would Guru Nanak Maharaj have dressed in blue when going towards mecca (dressed as a pir) which is also what Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj did when pretending to be a muslim peer. He wore blue.

Oh thats not what I meant. Someone else said something about how the army wore those colors.

And I was just saying that people should look at its historical context. If it was done because of a situation back then that doesnt exist today, then we really dont need to avoid wearing green and red innit?

If the reason behind not wearing those two colors is because of the emotions related to the colors then thats something else...

i dont give a shi'ite if u wear black... hahaha a personal joke.. oh im too funny.. :D

but yeh like its been mentioned before in mnay ways colours do not have religious significance originally they do know because it comes into the whole being able to indentify a religion and its labels. like its symbol its location of origin its colour its founder, blah blah.. The question is who the hell associated what label to which religion.. Seems like a game of cluedo to me.

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

Dear Khalistani Veer,

Please could seek to find this rehitnama for the forum to discuss with regard to its application today and at the time of writing (i.e. within its context).

My reason for asking is more to do with other rehitnamas indicating that the Khalsa should not read or learn Persian (despite Bhai Nand Lals writings adopting this langauge and also Guru Gobind Singh), others instruct that a Khalsa is kill all "turks", is this applicable today?

Let us understand what the implications of these colours are and why they would have been outlawed.

i figured out what G kaurs dacning thingy is doing..

Its SHASTARVIDYA barbie penthra .. wow

erm to keep this post ontopic I would also like to see the hukamnamas or reihtnamas, also shouldnt we note that when referencing a reihtnama it is may actually not have been written by the dude who is named along with the rehtnama but by someone who else alot later. Writing on behalf of those named in the rehtnama abit like the bible or the qu'aran /?

Vaheguru je ka khalsa, vaheguru je ke fateh!!

veer je, ill ask a singh about that reightnama, i know a taksali who goes int he panj pyarae a lot, he knows it, but hes in india

ill try to get it from someone else

but ive heard 2 reasons

one is that red incited kaam, and it is accoisated with kaam, and green is also a fast colour which our mind gets attracted to, which is actually scientifically proven, just go look at the sirens on a police car

and the other

red is a main colour of the hindu dharm

green main for muslamans

and so guru je told us to stay different than them

but a khalsa shud wear the 4 colors of the khalsa

black, blue, white, and orange

bhula chuka maf

Vaheguru je ka khalsa, vaheguru je ke fateh!!

This message is for everyone who is participating here. You all need to get serious and discuss the theme of this topic. I've mentioned it already that Sikh awareness forum is not chat room.

Be serious! Or we’ll delete sarcastic/useless posts without warning.

• 16 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...