SANATAN SIKHS: TRADITIONAL TO MODERN

Jungee

Guest Javanmard

Wow tableji I am impressed by your knowledge of Dasam Guru Granth Sahib, which then means that you acknowledge it as gurbani and hence Guru?

Which rahit is Maharaj talkig about here? SGPC maryada? AKJ maryada?

I don't think so!

Don't talk about maryada if you don't fpllow it yourself!!! :twisted:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chewy indian crisps.. which damn reht maryada crazy ass nihang singh idea was that... CANT YOU PEOPLE AFFORD NICE FOOD..

If the food dont improve im converting..

Bukhe bhagat na kijai, yeh MALA apni lejai..

Do not leave your bhagat hungry... else take this mala of yours

G Kaur your dancing lady is on crack.. she just wont stop.. !!! as bad as my chicken man..

Wow tableji I am impressed by your knowledge of Dasam Guru Granth Sahib, which then means that you acknowledge it as gurbani and hence Guru?

Which rahit is Maharaj talkig about here? SGPC maryada? AKJ maryada?

I don't think so!

Don't talk about maryada if you don't fpllow it yourself!!! :twisted:

LOL 1stly, id like to say, dnt judge a person unless you know them...secondly...the tuks that i gave are in the amrit keertan, so if i was following SGPC or AKJ maryada there wudnt be a problem....

oh and id also like to say, that you havnt replied to my original post...do u believe rehat is more important, or is the person more important??

if rehat is the most important thing, then surely u shud emphasise that in ur talks to avoid confusion...if rehat isnt as important as the person, then could u please justify that?

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

Dear All,

Without making any assumptions here as a moderator, it does seem apparent that not everyone on this thread is (a) a scholar, (B) graduate or © expert or knowledgeable in Sikh Literature/Theology (for want of a better term).

In view of this, cursory comments like 'you sound like a Wahabi' and 'you've eaten too many desi crisps' add no value to the discussion or flow of argument in anyone's favour.

Stick to the point and if it appears to be childish for you then either (a) ignore it or (B) do the nice thing and spell out why.

Tableji, as I had personally asked you to bring forth your comments on this point, please could you be a little more precise with which talk and what statements you refer to, as at the moment it is somewhat unclear given that you are making reference to 'someone who said the talk was cool' and this is not necessarily the point actually made during the talk.

Also, I shall be present myself at all the talks, so please do raise these questions on the day.

Thanks to all,

SMS.

Tableji, sorry but I do not have access to recording such material. I suggest you attend and ask these questions yourself and note the response you are given.

As with anything, the response may not be what you wish to hear (as indeed Narsingha is keen to point out), however as I have pointed out elsewhere, asking questions from an academic or simply curious/clatification point of view is fine, but what most Sikhs today forget to leave out is 'emotion'.

Almost all the questions we see on this and other forums is full of emotional content and hence why no debates ever reach any conclusion.

This can also be found in the answers people provide to questions, whatever group they may choose to belong.

We all sit here, be we AKJ, Taksal, Nihang or whatever and openly criticise Gurdwara Committees and the SGPC for never get things done in time, but how are they any different to us.

This is something that plagues Sikhs all over, they simply get too emotional and fail to address points fully, instead choose to take offense or get personal.

For some classic evidence of this look at threads on this site relating to the following discussions and we can see a whole manner of people from scholars to laypeople falling foul of the same trap:-

AKJ Discussion 101

Origins of the Nirmalas

Sikh Scholars

Oogardanti

Kirpan da Amrit

Origins of the Damdami Taksal

This is not an exhaustive list, but these clearly show how everyone is liable to get emotional when it comes to discussing or questioning "their" jatha/group/sampradhya/organisation etc.

Guest Javanmard

that's not what you said earlier:

"someone told me that the lecture was cool because

"erm..just the open mindness of sanatan sikhs, how they dont concentrate on the rehat so much..but more on the person n ther actions, like rehat aint be all end all"

Is that the message that u intend to convey, coz that is manmat... "

Guest Javanmard

It would surprise me if Ustad Ji who is himslef strict on rahit would say that raehit is not important at all. Rahit is the way as long as it does not become an idol!

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh !

Shaka Khan Nyorai ... ustad ji - are you talking about the same person who goes to his local supermarket to get his meat ?

Surely you are not saying that this is rehat ... please do not lie all the time

Shaka Khan Nyorai ... ustad ji - are you talking about the same person who goes to his local supermarket to get his meat ?

Surely you are not saying that this is rehat ... please do not lie all the time

He mentioned this during his talk at King's, and explained it quite well thank you very much.

Once again, I would humbly ask everyone not to bring supermarkets into these mud-slinging matches. :roll:

It appears that those who hate/disagree with Sanatan Sikhs also seem to have a serious grudge towards supermarkets. I believe Sainsburys was their last focus of attention.

We all know the trolleys, hand-baskets, counters, shelves, packaging, etc., arent made out of pure Indian Sarbloh, but thats no reason to throw a wobbly.

Once again, I would humbly ask everyone not to bring supermarkets into these mud-slinging matches. :roll:

It appears that those who hate/disagree with Sanatan Sikhs also seem to have a serious grudge towards supermarkets. I believe Sainsburys was their last focus of attention.

We all know the trolleys, hand-baskets, counters, shelves, packaging, etc., arent made out of pure Indian Sarbloh, but thats no reason to throw a wobbly.

What are you talking about here .... are you feeling ok ? Haven't been on the good old sukha have ya ?

N E Ways Beast Boy you said :

"He mentioned this during his talk at King's, and explained it quite well thank you very much."

What was his justification to go to his local supermarket (the warrior he is) and hunt down that piece of chicken from the shelves and then do chatka ... oh sorry can you do chatka to something that is already dead ?

BTW I have pasted some links to droool over .... yummy yummy :

http://www.meetyourmeat.com/

lol..omg!

is this like a deliberate attempt to throw the scent (gettit!) off boss?

One of those "eh boys, they've got us by out likkkle thakur sions so lets change the topic to meat to save our roly poly asses..."

It would surprise me if Ustad Ji who is himslef strict on rahit would say that raehit is not important at all. Rahit is the way as long as it does not become an idol!

Real Words of Wisdom. Real Words of Wisdom. :bow: :bow:

Sadly, lot of Sikhs have made outer Rehit an "Idol" and forgotten about inner rehit such as(cleanising one's inside, stopping of panj gyan indriayas, prema bhakti).

No wonder such sikhs end up in Karam Khands :roll: :roll:

May Guru Jee keep blessing the Singh and Singhnian who do selfless service the Udham Appralla to do more Selfless Service

Jo Gaj Ke Bolavaa So Nihal Ho Jave Sat Sri Akaaaaaaalll !!

Its hard enough in this day and age to stay active in sewa with all the Kaljug around and I think you guys are proving that point

Its hard enough in this day and age to stay active in sewa with all the Kaljug around

Init mate. Especially when you are surronded by Wahabis and Fanatics who are doing Seva in Disguise in BOSS :roll:

Dear All,

The discussions on meat have been had many a time on this forum and a final directive was taken by Moderators on this point, please see those lengthy discussions for further information.

As per Kirpan Bhet, please start a new thread on this topic if desired for discussion and provide the necessary references. Also note that Suraj Parkash Granth whilst a great work in itself, is NOT a rehitnama, so for the purposes of full discussion on such a point, please make references to our rehitnamas as well.

As per tableji's point, please address this appropriately and tableji please ensure your future posts clearly state your argument or observation for jumping from one stance to another will not allow for coherence in your overall issue.

There is a existing thread on Chatka under which the last posts provide its definition from Mahan Kosh and to date no satisfactory counter argument has been provided in this respect. If this discussion is desired by anyone, please continue on that thread (started by Challenge Everything).

Thank you,

SMS