SANATAN SIKHS: TRADITIONAL TO MODERN

Jungee

This event has been organised to make people more aware of their history,

WHILST DOING A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE PAST WITH THE PRESENT.

the series of talks have been designed to cater for students studing

philosophy, history, humanities, asian languages, anthrophology, et al.

senior lectures and distinguished guest from various backgrounds will be attending. including people from the shia, hindu, christian, bhuddist, jewish communties.

please do your best to attend and please bring your family and friends with you.

synopsis of lectures:

1)

Expounding the concept of all-embracing, eternal Sikh 'Dharma' - spoken of by the Sikh Gurus as being the 'son of compassion and support of all’. The seminar refutes the notion that Sikhism is a 'religion', and that the great Sikh Gurus sought to convert any individual to a particular religion.

2)

The tenth Sikh Guru, Sodhibans Dasam Patshah Baaja-Waley Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh, asked the four traditional Sikh orders - the Udasis, Nirmalas, Sevapanthis/Addan Shahis and Akali Nihangs, to isolate the fanatics within religious communities, and establish universal 'Dharma' in cultures througout India. Sanatan Sikhism accepts that no one indidivual, or group may monopolise the concept of the true One Almighty, and that 'Dharma' is to be found within all great religious and spiritual traditions.

3)

Exploring the physical struggle of Sanatan Sikhs against hostile religious fanatics in India, during the turbulent 18th century. Historical quotes by the enemies of the Khalsa reveal that, by being just to all during both war and peace, the Sikhs ultimately triumphed during these hostile times. Further highlights include glimpses into the world of the non-martial orders: the Udasis, Nirmalas and Sevapanthis/Addan Shahis.

4)

The final episode of the series discusses the major differences between Sanatan Sikhism, and the morally inept Tat Khalsa Singh Sabhia Sikhism, that today holds sway over the vast majority of Sikhs. The lecture covers the fall of the Sanatan Sikh kingdoms and the rise of the British Raj-accomodating Tat Khalsa Singh Sabhias. The role of the Tat Khalsa Singh Sabhia Sikhs and their progeny in the systematic destruction and of Sikh history and heritage is also examined.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the below attacment gives details of where the series of talks are occuring

for any more information please contact

Amardeep Singh 07950 323 785

or

Sanatan sikhs on sanatansikhs@yahoo.com

Aah yes

..and a special "Jee Aiyahn Noo" to all those individuals and/or groups (not mentioning any names) who think Akali Nihang Singhs and other Sanatan Sikhs are:

a) "anti-Panthic"

B) "negative elements"

c) "Nangs"

d) drug addicts/alcoholics/rapists/pimps, etc.

e) slandering the Guru's works

..bla bla bla

Hope to see you all there....

In addition, we would like to extend a superduper, "chardi kalaa", "chak-deh-phattey", "whoop-whoop", invite (with vegan cream on top) to:

a) the esteemed Bhai Harjit Singh from Watford and his jatha

B) the charismatic Bhai Sahib Jagjit Singh from Leeds and his jatha

c) the legendary Inderjit Singh (aka "Fat Indy") and his jatha...

Perhaps they can turn up and use this as an opportunity to rationally and calmly debate and discuss their views with regards to Akali Nihangs and Sanatan Sikhs. :LOL:

by the way mods r u going to let the uk 'nihangs' run the show on here??? they are attacking ppl on that dnt even visit this site nor do they have the got time to deal with these fools. as for jee iyahn noo London Sikhi Week is going on and we will be there on sunday why dont u lot pop in as we all ways come to ur house.

Admin Note: Sukhdev Singh Ji. He is only inviting people to the event. I don't see him attacking anyone. If there was any attack in the post, We would have edited and made a giant note saying 'take it over the pm' !

..and a special "Jee Aiyahn Noo" to all those individuals and/or groups (not mentioning any names) who think Akali Nihang Singhs and other Sanatan Sikhs are:

a) "anti-Panthic"

B) "negative elements"

c) "admin-cut"

d) drug addicts/alcoholics/rapists/pimps, etc.

e) slandering the Guru's works

..bla bla bla

In addition, we would like to extend a superduper, "chardi kalaa", "chak-deh-phattey", "whoop-whoop", invite (with vegan cream on top) to:

a) the esteemed Bhai Harjit Singh from Watford and his jatha

B) the charismatic Bhai Sahib Jagjit Singh from Leeds and his jatha

c) the legendary Inderjit Singh (aka "Fat Indy") and his jatha...

THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO ALL, REGARDLESS OF THERE VIEWS AND OPINIONS. EVERY ONE IS WELCOME!

note: due to certain Dignateries coming to these events, there will be adequate security present to quell any problems.

also as this is mainly a family event, the seminars are designed for people who are tolerant of others and have a thirst to feed there mind with knowlegde.

...i think it's an awesome idea to do a audio/vidio feed to sikhawarness..so we across the atlantic can see it...

i'm curious to know all about that big bad "tat khalsas" who are soo intolerant... us "tolerant" people have to make sure we telll the world how bad these guys are....

i have nothing against sanatan sikhi....i like the whole diversity thing and respect it...i just don't think that the putting others down is the most positive way to do prachaar or spread awareness of who you guys are... just my thoughts...

but hey...if panthic unity means nothing to you guys..then go ahead and keep throwing mud at each other (referring to all sides as BOTH are involved in this annoying mud slinging)....

i don't understand what's so hard to recognize that everyone has their beliefs and respect each other and have piyaar for each other?...i guess i must be crazy..........

gurfateh to all,

i looking forward to this event, liked the previous talk the hola mohala one..

HOPEFULLY the presentation will be better this time, !!!!!!! init narsingha !!

sikh fauge from what i know there will be a big event planned for vaisakhi, with helicopters and stuff..

alright see u peeps there..

Narsingha,

When doing a presentation it is often useful to adpat to the audience. If they are having trouble keeping up, it is on some occassions better to slow down!

The last event was excellently advertised and organised. However one aspect which was poor was the flow of the Power Point Presentation. Jumping back and forth meant that i had to focus more on the screen to digest the info, whilst Gurdev ji was talking. This meant i missed some of the stuff he was saying!

It would help if it flowed, rather than jumping back and forth.

The first event is at our uni(Queen Marys). Hope to see everyone there ...

Akaaaal

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

tableji, please could you provide here some of your observations of the talk yesterday, which as you indicated on Sikh Sangat, had numerous misquoted and out of context translations of Gurbani.

It is important such material is highlighted upfront so that the forum is aware of this and can assess it accordingly.

Thanks,

SMS

TONIGHT'S TALK IS NOT CANCELLED.

Apparently boss have sent out emails saying that the talk has been cancelled to try and cause maximum disruption. I have been reliably informed by the organiser that boss are a bunch of fussars (how low is threatening to break a girl's leg????).

Thankyou

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

tableji,

There is no need to apologise. It is perfectly fine to have opinions, simply state that they are your opinions and present them, perhaps you have noted something that others who were in attendence did not and hence is worth considering.

Please bring forth your observations for the wider forum to discuss.

Thanks,

SMS

BOSS E-mail...

This is just a quick e-mail to thank you all for your help at UCL's

Sikhi Week event last Tuesday, and to further let you know the talk

that was scheduled to be held today (Tuesday 23rd November), has now

been cancelled.

This is also true for the other lectures in this series as agreed by

the relevant committees. Some of you may have heard this event may

still be taking place, but this is untrue as no Sikh societies have

been officially informed.

We apologise for any misinformation you may have received over the

course of the last two weeks. This is now the committee's final

position.

The above email is a load of crap, BOSS is a charity organisation which is attempting to act as an umbrella organisation for all Sikh Socs, however their stance on certain issues has led some sikh socs to want to not be affiliated with BOSS and also the fact that BOSS have started using stupid bully boy techniques such as taking presidents of the Societies into closed rooms and warning them that if they dont side with BOSS then bla bla..etc etc..

Also the so called Committee who are they and who voted them in? I'm sure it wasnt the akaal takht and it sure as hell wasnt all the sikh socs, else BOSS wouldnt need to take them aside during their kirtan program at Kings.

The decision was made solely by the president after being hounded by several BOSS members one of whom was an executive member Harjit Singh Watford. Who earlier the same day said that BOSS have no intention to disrupt the Sanataan Sikh Shashtarvidya talks but they did not support NNS or his ideas.

Now it is obvious that they are trying to cause trouble and disruption which shows that the damn exec of a charity umbrella organisation set up to help sikh socs are just dealing with their own personal differences and do not care for the sikh socs.

Helping sikh socs is one thing. Dictating to them what they can and can't do or hear is just another form of oppression.