Sava Lakh Jaap of Mool Mantar Sahib

I have heard a lot of gursikhs , sants doing the sava lakh jaap of mool mantar or asking their shardaloo to do it . i have heard people achieve great power after doing this . and there are also some maryada , or rules acc. to which you have to do the path , which i m unaware of .

usually people do it in 40 days , also known as "shila" in some marayada .

i have always been fascinated by this idea of doing sava lakh jaap and observe some mystical experiences . and i have heard kalyug , maya , also try to put obstcales in your path when u do the jaap .

now i want to know , is there anyone out there who knows anything about the maryada , or rules of doing this path , or even a liitle bit of info about this or about some mystical experiences , or if anybody in your family has done it ?

forgive me , if i said something wrong . please don't kill me :D

please do contribute your views .

Sava lakh is 125000 . if u do approximately 30 malas of mool mantar upto hosi bhi sach for 40 days , then it is approximately 1 lakh 25 thousand jaap.

each mala takes about 7-10 minutes . 30 malas take about 5 hours daily .

so basically its 5 hours for 40 days .

if u do it for 20 hrs daily , u can complete it in approx. 10 days .

we can easily sleep , that's no big deal , but its difficult to take out that much time if u have a job or something . but still its no big deal with gurkirpa :D

108 mala will take (108*7)/60 = 12.6 hours for me to finish not 40 minutes . :D

1 mala = saying 108 times

all right here is the mathematics :

1)for me it takes 7 minutes to say mool mantar 108 times . i.e to do one mala

2) therefore , to do 30 malas , it takes 210 minutes , i.e. 3.5 hrs

we have to do 125000 jaap . to do it in 40 days divide it by 40 , so we need to say mool mantar 3125 times everyday for upto 40 days .

(3125/108) = 28.9 malas for everyday i.e. aprox. 30 malas

this is how my system works , other people may have different speeds .

the max . i could ever get was 10 malas of 108 beads in one hour.

I've heard (from some other chardi kala gursikh) that the jot is lit to attract shaheed singhs who purify the atmosphere.

One other note on the 40 day maryada. You should maintain a certain level of consistency with it. Always do it in the same room. Do it the same way throughout as you did when you began it. you can do it sitting, lying down etc. but say this in your ardass when you start it. "Guru ji, I'm going to do simran sitting in a chair, and sometimes sitting on the ground as well."etc.

So basically, my understanding is that you're limited in your actions to what you did in the first day in terms of sitting standing etc. You can walk around as well (in your room).

bhul chuk maaf.

Make bhog and do ardass at the start.

While doing the jaap sit on a white sheet wearing white clothes. Have water in a container near you and have a quoi (ghee) jot lit. After doing your jaap for the day splash chitey from the water around your paath room (it's good somehow, not sure if it's a necessary part of maryada) and then drink the water.

At the end make bhog and do ardass.

Bhai sahib Xylitol jee

When u say 'bhog', are u referring to Karah Parshad/ Degh?

• 5 weeks later...

Sat Sri Akal Ji I am not a knowledgeable person but after reading all the posts I feel sava lakh japs, 40 days, chalia, white sheet, water and ghee jot are all ritualistic practices.

Rituals are not Gurmukh way of life and not what our Guru's taught us. Simran and Seva should be GuruSikh’s goal. Unbreakable ji said it very wisely.

Make constant Waheguru Simran jap a habit, a second nature, just like breathing.

Bhul Chuk maff Karna Ji

[/font:9f268dac2a]

a ritual is a habitual thing you do that has no meaning.

all the steps laid out are not ritualistic - they are maryada, part of the technique of the chalisa. Its not a ritual - you decide when you want to do it. If this is a ritual then cleaning a house, laying chaddra, making a manji sahib/ charni before starting an Akhand path is alos ritualistic. Next people will be saying that the maryada for Sukhasn etc are ritualistic.

look at a picture of any Mahapurkh in samaadhi, they will be sitting on a sheet/carpet, with a steel pot of water in front of them.

40 days is just a calculation of how long it will take to do - just like Akhand paath takes 48 hours.

Mool Mantar Jaap is not easy - try doing one full mala of mool mantar jaap and see what happens.

The jot will attract shakti and will keep the place clear of negative energy. The maryad of the ghee was started by Guru Nanak Dev Ji himself.

you drink the water because its amrit. You do the chitey to cool the room (ishnaan) - jus like you do in frint of Guru Sahib. As you can see - he was advised by Giani Thakur Singh

Simply saying Waheguru is not simran - everyone says Waheguru. You need to do paath in the right environment for real simran and abhyaas to start. Mool mantr is the highest mantar - sava lakh jaap of mool mantar wil bring huge fal - I believe it enables you to see the difference between true/false in everything you do so that you can act through anbhav - and then real simran can start.

It only seems like a ritual to you because you do not understand what it is and the effect it has.

you need to know the correct technique to do paath - the problem with Sikhi today is that no one follows the correct trechnique - no one teaches the Sikhs how to do paath, sit in samaadhi. And when someone knows then everyone else starts saying its a ritual/meaningless. If you look at xylitol's post you'll see that he says that this is the 'maryada' - thats just it, your average Sikh that only goes to your average Gurudwara on Sunday will know nothing about maryada unless they make it a point to find out.

If you want to know for sure then try it and see - dont knock it till you try it

Please can some one help me with my questions. With Guru sahibs Kirpa I have been doing Mool Mantar jaaps, I do 5 Mala at amrit vela and 5 Mala in the evening. With Guru Sahibs Kirpa I want to do Sava lakh jaap of Mool Mantra how many more mala would I need to do per day. I work during the day so I need advice about fitting the jaap with my day.

please reply

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I've spoken with Gyani Takhur Singh ji about this.

Here's the maryada:

Make bhog and do ardass at the start.

While doing the jaap sit on a white sheet wearing white clothes. Have water in a container near you and have a quoi (ghee) jot lit. After doing your jaap for the day splash chitey from the water around your paath room (it's good somehow, not sure if it's a necessary part of maryada) and then drink the water.

At the end make bhog and do ardass.

Here's the numbers for each day:

Gurmantr jap 108 mala

Mool mantr 32 mala

Chachree chand, Tav Prasaad mantr 32 mala

Sukhmani Sahib 5 paaths

Japji Sahib 25 paaths.

This takes 40 days to complete. All of the above are equivalent.

I can confirm that with rara sahib maryada, but make sure your and your clothes are suchae that is you have had a keshi ishan and you havent been to the toile!