Jump to content
Free Radical

Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

pressure was due to my jaw muscles being tight

I can see how this may be the same for me. Sometimes you miss these things. Now that you mention it I realize my face is a bit tense. 

 

3 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

might be a good thing but it might also be bad

I agree - I have had some thoughts that it may have been the dhuts/thoughts being deceptive 

 

5 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

picture of Supreme God holding the conch and playing the flute

I've noticed they always draw the instrument on the side of the body that it is appears the loudest - I may be wrong - but I am assuming that was their intention 

 

8 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

it was all mish mash

this is where I am at. It only becomes clear at certain moments. Still needs a lot of practice. 

9 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

there is nothing to fear or worry about.

lol.. I originally meant that as a joke. But yes, agreed. There are just some moments when something happens and the initial thought is "woah, did that really just happen?" My intent is to keep this thread going because I know people read it and it inspires them to start putting in the effort. I used to read posts by you, lucky and sat back in the day and it really pushed me because I wanted to see what those experiences were like. So much of drive was over this thread and the anhad naad conversation. I don't think I would have worked nearly as hard if it wasn't for those posts. 

 

But at the same time, I don't want to risk saying anything that will harm other people's bhagti. So if I am crossing the limit at any point, please let me know through private message and I'll delete the post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HisServant said:

Still slightly confused - do you mean as in experiences of god vs trips? 

Try and stay on the path of anhad and the clear light if you see it i.e Parkash. Always remember Nirankar is formless and if your mind is conjuring up forms you maybe deviating from the path and heading down gandharb nagri or harchandori (the path of illusion). That is what I was alluding to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HisServant said:

I was trying to go to sleep sounds were getting louder. For the first time it felt as if I was connecting emotionally to the sound. It was a type of love that I can’t describe. It was a very blissful experience. And then it started feeling like the sound was communicating and sending me a message. Something along the lines of “come back to me”. 

I second the responses that @BhagatSingh gave you for this post and the sinus block.

With regards to these communication etc.. It may be good or it may be bad as Bhagat mentioned.  I agree, and will add a little from what I learned when similar happened to me.  The important point is that you should just acknowledge and move on to Simran as with any other sounds.  Don't get caught up "unless" there is  a message.

14 hours ago, HisServant said:

I woke up somewhere but everything was blurry. It didnt seem like a dream. But I can’t figure out what I was seeing or where I was. It was just a blend of colours and figures. I think I saw something like a blur of light that seemed like it had life to it or something. It was all just really confusing. I have no idea what it was

In my experience, I did go through a phase where the disorientation occurred but not the blurry figures /colors.

14 hours ago, HisServant said:

Ever since I’ve woken up I’ve felt as if I was in a dream. I am just now starting to wake out of it

^^ This part..  Yes, I know what you mean. Judging by the previous posts and the recent experiences, it all seems to tie together with a similar phase that I somewhat remember

Your dristee is opening up as I mentioned earlier and it may be possible you are also seeing other things that you could be uncertain about.   Now, with the communicating and perception of message there are two possibilities. 

1) It could be a divine message.  This can occur any time whilst in meditative state and could even be darshan of guru,  though the message will be towards the EK. 

2) It may not be divine and could be bad in the sense it being some diversion, temptation or a test.  This can take many forms and shapes and can appear as something transcending and heavenly. But you should not respond, just acknowledge and continue with Simran.

 

That's all I'm gonna say on 1 & 2, as I have to keep it watered down. (will elaborate in pm)

The main point and key is to keep going with Simran and just observe the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HisServant said:

I live a pretty busy lifestyle but I put meditation at the front because it helps me in every aspect of life. 

 

I'm trying to become a doctor so this entire summer is just me studying for my mcat. I'm really career focused. I am one of the directors on the board of my local hospital. I was actually probably the youngest to ever join - at the age of 17. And I owe that to the bhagti for sharpening my confidence and helping me approach problems with a lot of patience.

I have also spearheaded/been lead on a few major projects for both the hospital and other healthcare related work. Again - the calmness that bhagti leaves you with is responsible for this.

I have worked in academia, research, published a scientific article on meditation and neuroplasticity, edited a science vs meditation textbook (not released to the public yet but will be soon - the prof in charge will be selling it to profs who teach spirituality courses at universities) etc. Meditation helps you learn and study because you're not easily frustrated when you can't figure something out.

I also work for the universities student union, been the student media spokesperson for the past provincial election. (But as of last week have taken some time off to focus on my test). Really involved with helping the local gurdwara and running its social media (I live in a city which is/was primarily white growing up so got really involved with the gurdwara due to the small sikh population).

 

I don't know if any of that is meaningful though lol. It probably sounds really boring but I love all of this. Especially the science stuff - I am a huge biology nerd. And I love brains (lol... don't be creeped out)

Plus part of a lot of clubs, services, etc at school. However... no longer part of the sikh student association... essentially banned for speaking out against anything that goes against popular belief. There was a time when I would stay silent and heavily help out. But I couldn't sit around and listen to people talk about topics like "possible sikhi-related solutions to mental health" but not hear anyone say anything about the path of japa - then be told jaap isn't part of sikhi. This is a longer discussion, but you know exactly what I'm talking about with the views of most of the community these days. And I couldn't sit around and watch them pretend like they can't be friends with non-sikhs, or their lack of professionalism in certain academic/career related environments. 

 

Non-academic side I have a kirtan ustaad - not going to mention his name because many know him - and it would give away who I am. But I think that goes hand in hand with bhagti. Kirtan has always helped me increase love for god and motivate the mind to do more bhagti. 

I used to work out 7 days a week but I am so tight on time these days I fell off of that. Can't start back up until september because I have my mcat on Aug 2 and then I'm back in England until September. But main reason for the 7 days was that it had tremendous benefits on meditation. Back then balancing breath was a struggle and the lifting got the job done. 

Also do cryptocurrency day trading... it's pretty fun. Busy with studying right now so I set up a bot to do it for me.

Socially I would consider myself pretty extroverted. I have a habit of being friends with/starting a conversation with every second person I see on the street. I know a lot of people which is good and bad in many ways. As of now, it's been not the best because someone always wants to go for lunch or hangout but I need to study and do bhagti. But on the brightside - if I do notice someone is not the best sangat, I am able to drop them immediately and never look back. Due to the detachment. Doesn't matter how close they are. Even dropped a 12 year long friendship because I realized the guy is completely immersed in the same sikh-youth mindset as everyone else and I didn't want to waste my time there. I don't care what I say in any situation - I just freely speak whatever is on my mind. Could not care less what people think. I don't see any reason to pretend to be someone else. The meditation has brought on this freedom. 

 

I love cars as well. I drive a manual audi. Probably my most valued possesion. This one doesn't relate to meditation but I think it's one every guy on this site can relate to. Only thing I can think of is the attachment to it. I did have a situation a little while back where something went wrong... and long story short the mechanic said the price to fix it was more than the car itself. The initial thought was "cool, I'll just sell the parts, buy some cool shoes and start walking wherever I go". Which a year ago, I probably would have flipped and gone into depression. Luckily, I took it to an old friend and he figured out a way to make it as good as new without spending more than $20.

 

So essentially, I would say meditation is the only meaningful activity I do because none of my other activities would exist/have meaning without it. It has literally created a life of complete freedom where I just do what I feel like doing with no care for the consequences. Which is not a bad thing because with sikhi/gurmat, you never have ill intentions.

 

When a lot of people talk about bhagti, they say you can't do things you enjoy, or hangout with non-bhagti type people... but honestly 85%+ of my social groups are people who are not Sikh. Less than 3-5% probably do bhagti (I just have this forum and a local simran group that I only see a few sundays a month). 

 

So all I have to say to people that live in that closed off mentality is... LIVE LIFE. Do what you have to do in tregun on a day to day basis. And then when that's over, learn to connect internally. 

 

Obviously, that does not mean go drink and party everyday. I still practice brahmachariya, I still restrain myself from indulging in unhealthy food, I restrain from the 4 kurehits, I read gurbani everyday and do kirtan, I wear my kakars. But... I live life in a way that is enjoyable and integrates with western society. You don't have to be "the religious" guy in every social situation that makes other people feel like they can't have a good time (I used to be that guy many years ago). You need to live life in a way where you integrate into society and inspire other people to do jaap. Find what you enjoy in life and be the life of that group. The greater the mental stability, the more you will enjoy the activity. 

 

And just an fyi - I know a lot of the activities I stated above may not be appealing to most people. I am that weird 20 year old nerd that likes to wear a dress shirt/tie all the time and read science or psychology articles/watch videos on politics. It's just the type of person I am... But I do know people around my age who practice meditation and still do all of the same activities young people do but they remain detached internally. My younger brother for example, he's a huge basketball fan. Even runs a big instagram fan page. Dresses like every other 17-18 year old you see these days. But interally completely silent. He hasn't been practicing for as long but the differences I see between him and his friends are insane. 

 

I know this was a really long post - but I have very strong opinions when it comes to balancing tregun with spirituality. 

Well done!

I'm glad you are one of the few that knows; everything else goes on the back burner whilst bhagti stays at the front. 

Good lad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

Try and stay on the path of anhad and the clear light if you see it i.e Parkash. Always remember Nirankar is formless and if your mind is conjuring up forms you maybe deviating from the path and heading down gandharb nagri or harchandori (the path of illusion). That is what I was alluding to. 

Got it. Will do 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, HisServant said:

My intent is to keep this thread going because I know people read it and it inspires them to start putting in the effort. I used to read posts by you, lucky and sat back in the day and it really pushed me because I wanted to see what those experiences were like. So much of drive was over this thread and the anhad naad conversation. I don't think I would have worked nearly as hard if it wasn't for those posts.

Reading such posts does make a big difference, especially for me. This is the only reason I visit SA.  In normal daily life, its hard to find people who are walking on this path. So when I read such posts, it re affirms the reality for me, and pushes me to do Waheguru Japa or Moolmantra Japa. It motivates you to experience what others have experienced who are walking this path.  In real life, I have only friend who has experiences but his path is a bit different from mine, he is a practitioner of Kriya Yoga.

16 hours ago, HisServant said:

I'm trying to become a doctor

Good Job !   It is the greatest sewa one can perform, you will learn a lot !!! Guru Ji says, Vich Duniya Sew Kamayiye Ta dargah  Baisan Payiye meaning we have to live in this world & do sewa ( performing action for benefit of others & selflessly , it has a purifying effect on you ). I have a medical background, this field is great for endless opportunities to do sewa.

 

Everyone has guided you very well. Only thing I will add is to do ardaas for charan dhoor of a Saint . After reading Gurbani, two things that I have seen emphasized again and again is Naam  & company of a realized being Saint.

 

Till then Keep Japping!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2018 at 6:07 AM, Sajjan_Thug said:

Does the pavan have to be balanced in order for the mind to be stilled or can the mind be stilled without balanced pavan.

Bro, listen to Gyani Kulwant Singh jee in the topic below. Towards the end of the video, he briefly talks about balancing of pawan.

 

 

Bhul chuk maaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2018 at 8:54 PM, HisServant said:

@Ragmaala Thank you for the kind words ji

I luckily have two within the community I do sangat with (both are international though but I do get to see them a few times a year)

Would you be willing to say who? By PM if you prefer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2018 at 9:17 PM, HisServant said:

I live a pretty busy lifestyle but I put meditation at the front because it helps me in every aspect of life. 

 

I'm trying to become a doctor so this entire summer is just me studying for my mcat. I'm really career focused. I am one of the directors on the board of my local hospital. I was actually probably the youngest to ever join - at the age of 17. And I owe that to the bhagti for sharpening my confidence and helping me approach problems with a lot of patience.

I have also spearheaded/been lead on a few major projects for both the hospital and other healthcare related work. Again - the calmness that bhagti leaves you with is responsible for this.

I have worked in academia, research, published a scientific article on meditation and neuroplasticity, edited a science vs meditation textbook (not released to the public yet but will be soon - the prof in charge will be selling it to profs who teach spirituality courses at universities) etc. Meditation helps you learn and study because you're not easily frustrated when you can't figure something out.

I also work for the universities student union, been the student media spokesperson for the past provincial election. (But as of last week have taken some time off to focus on my test). Really involved with helping the local gurdwara and running its social media (I live in a city which is/was primarily white growing up so got really involved with the gurdwara due to the small sikh population).

 

I don't know if any of that is meaningful though lol. It probably sounds really boring but I love all of this. Especially the science stuff - I am a huge biology nerd. And I love brains (lol... don't be creeped out)

Plus part of a lot of clubs, services, etc at school. However... no longer part of the sikh student association... essentially banned for speaking out against anything that goes against popular belief. There was a time when I would stay silent and heavily help out. But I couldn't sit around and listen to people talk about topics like "possible sikhi-related solutions to mental health" but not hear anyone say anything about the path of japa - then be told jaap isn't part of sikhi. This is a longer discussion, but you know exactly what I'm talking about with the views of most of the community these days. And I couldn't sit around and watch them pretend like they can't be friends with non-sikhs, or their lack of professionalism in certain academic/career related environments. 

 

Non-academic side I have a kirtan ustaad - not going to mention his name because many know him - and it would give away who I am. But I think that goes hand in hand with bhagti. Kirtan has always helped me increase love for god and motivate the mind to do more bhagti. 

I used to work out 7 days a week but I am so tight on time these days I fell off of that. Can't start back up until september because I have my mcat on Aug 2 and then I'm back in England until September. But main reason for the 7 days was that it had tremendous benefits on meditation. Back then balancing breath was a struggle and the lifting got the job done. 

Also do cryptocurrency day trading... it's pretty fun. Busy with studying right now so I set up a bot to do it for me.

Socially I would consider myself pretty extroverted. I have a habit of being friends with/starting a conversation with every second person I see on the street. I know a lot of people which is good and bad in many ways. As of now, it's been not the best because someone always wants to go for lunch or hangout but I need to study and do bhagti. But on the brightside - if I do notice someone is not the best sangat, I am able to drop them immediately and never look back. Due to the detachment. Doesn't matter how close they are. Even dropped a 12 year long friendship because I realized the guy is completely immersed in the same sikh-youth mindset as everyone else and I didn't want to waste my time there. I don't care what I say in any situation - I just freely speak whatever is on my mind. Could not care less what people think. I don't see any reason to pretend to be someone else. The meditation has brought on this freedom. 

 

I love cars as well. I drive a manual audi. Probably my most valued possesion. This one doesn't relate to meditation but I think it's one every guy on this site can relate to. Only thing I can think of is the attachment to it. I did have a situation a little while back where something went wrong... and long story short the mechanic said the price to fix it was more than the car itself. The initial thought was "cool, I'll just sell the parts, buy some cool shoes and start walking wherever I go". Which a year ago, I probably would have flipped and gone into depression. Luckily, I took it to an old friend and he figured out a way to make it as good as new without spending more than $20.

 

So essentially, I would say meditation is the only meaningful activity I do because none of my other activities would exist/have meaning without it. It has literally created a life of complete freedom where I just do what I feel like doing with no care for the consequences. Which is not a bad thing because with sikhi/gurmat, you never have ill intentions.

 

When a lot of people talk about bhagti, they say you can't do things you enjoy, or hangout with non-bhagti type people... but honestly 85%+ of my social groups are people who are not Sikh. Less than 3-5% probably do bhagti (I just have this forum and a local simran group that I only see a few sundays a month). 

 

So all I have to say to people that live in that closed off mentality is... LIVE LIFE. Do what you have to do in tregun on a day to day basis. And then when that's over, learn to connect internally. 

 

Obviously, that does not mean go drink and party everyday. I still practice brahmachariya, I still restrain myself from indulging in unhealthy food, I restrain from the 4 kurehits, I read gurbani everyday and do kirtan, I wear my kakars. But... I live life in a way that is enjoyable and integrates with western society. You don't have to be "the religious" guy in every social situation that makes other people feel like they can't have a good time (I used to be that guy many years ago). You need to live life in a way where you integrate into society and inspire other people to do jaap. Find what you enjoy in life and be the life of that group. The greater the mental stability, the more you will enjoy the activity. 

 

And just an fyi - I know a lot of the activities I stated above may not be appealing to most people. I am that weird 20 year old nerd that likes to wear a dress shirt/tie all the time and read science or psychology articles/watch videos on politics. It's just the type of person I am... But I do know people around my age who practice meditation and still do all of the same activities young people do but they remain detached internally. My younger brother for example, he's a huge basketball fan. Even runs a big instagram fan page. Dresses like every other 17-18 year old you see these days. But interally completely silent. He hasn't been practicing for as long but the differences I see between him and his friends are insane. 

 

I know this was a really long post - but I have very strong opinions when it comes to balancing tregun with spirituality. 

I am trying to become a doctor too. I am in grade 11 and planning to apply to mcmaster health science next year.It's the most competitive program in Canada. I want to use my time this summer wisely and do some bhagti hopefully with maharaj's grace to walk on this path.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The weirdest thing just happened. I was laying in bed doing simran with my blanket over my face. And then I started knocking out while the sounds were blasting. I kept waking up, hearing the sound and going back. And then I think I fell into sleep paralysis or an astral projection by accident. I woke up in a state where I couldn't hear or see anything but I knew I was in my room. Got up and started running around trying to get help because I literally believed I had gone blind and deaf. I was going at it for at least 2 minutes trying to find someone. And then it started to click that something didn't seem right. I tried jumping in the air and went really high so that kind of gave it away. I immediately broke through and was back in my physical body and was able to get up. Had a good laugh after. It was pretty obvious I was just stuck in sleep paralysis but couldn't figure it out at the time. 

 

This one isn't really a gurmat related experience but I thought it would be a pretty amusing read for those who have experienced OBE's.

 

But.. one thing that was interesting - the entire time the horn was blasting loud - that's why I thought I was deaf, it was so loud every other sound was masked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saadh Sangat Ji one i thing must mention for doing bhagati simran is the key is before doing anything at all when waking always says "DHAN SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI" 5 times before doing anything as soon you wake up in morning.

 

I remember reading this in one of Mahapursh's bachans in their jeevani that i read during my teenage years.

 

This does really work as i remember back then. Also it is a lot better than looking at the mobile or hearing/watching the news stations as that is really really unpleasent for the starting of the day which distrubs the mind and no simran is possible after that exposure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

Saadh Sangat Ji one i thing must mention for doing bhagati simran is the key is before doing anything at all when waking always says "DHAN SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI" 5 times before doing anything as soon you wake up in morning.

 

I remember reading this in one of Mahapursh's bachans in their jeevani that i read during my teenage years.

 

This does really work as i remember back then. Also it is a lot better than looking at the mobile or hearing/watching the news stations as that is really really unpleasent for the starting of the day which distrubs the mind and no simran is possible after that exposure.

Here is the original writting and a more detailed page with the book of Baba Ji.

Upon waking up early in the morning and opening our eyes, we should repeat "Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji" five times, before proceeding to perform anything else. This will ensure that we will always be in correct frequency with Guru Ji, similar to a bulb connected to the powerline. Our centre or powerhouse is the Lord.

 

http://www.gurukhoj.com/SBNS2_DMROG2.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest follower
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:44 PM, Soulfinder said:

Saadh Sangat Ji one i thing must mention for doing bhagati simran is the key is before doing anything at all when waking always says "DHAN SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI" 5 times before doing anything as soon you wake up in morning.

 

I remember reading this in one of Mahapursh's bachans in their jeevani that i read during my teenage years.

 

This does really work as i remember back then. Also it is a lot better than looking at the mobile or hearing/watching the news stations as that is really really unpleasent for the starting of the day which distrubs the mind and no simran is possible after that exposure.

you just spammed into this thread with something that should be elsewhere.  Thread is read worldwide to learn from real life experiences of the great abyasee members on here   You and paapiman are completely ignorant of spirituality and just outside crowd followers. You've completely destroyed the remaining sections of this once, very successful forum.    Don't reply to my post as it will continut a chain reaction of paapimans boxed world.  It will wreck the integrity of transcendent inspirations and advice that I come on here for, on a daily basis.  I know many non-members that do this and they are reluctant to sign up because of your and paapimans junk of youtube embedment's and promoting of jatha bhai bandhs.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2018 at 9:32 PM, Xylitol said:

This. This needs to be shared with anyone who walks this path and runs into strange experiences, unexpected changes etc. etc. etc. If you're not sure if your experience is normal, THIS needs to be listened to.

That video is gone. See if you can find it on youtube or somewhere else.

Thanks

 

Bhul chuk maaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Guest follower said:

you just spammed into this thread with something that should be elsewhere.  Thread is read worldwide to learn from real life experiences of the great abyasee members on here   You and paapiman are completely ignorant of spirituality and just outside crowd followers. You've completely destroyed the remaining sections of this once, very successful forum.    Don't reply to my post as it will continut a chain reaction of paapimans boxed world.  It will wreck the integrity of transcendent inspirations and advice that I come on here for, on a daily basis.  I know many non-members that do this and they are reluctant to sign up because of your and paapimans junk of youtube embedment's and promoting of jatha bhai bandhs.     

First of all i would like to say that its a very strong statement you have made on here. This site is like a second home to me and to be accused of creating spam thread on here by daas and @paapiman is a really harsh comment. If you want to see spam go on sikhsangat.com as thats what that site is full of. 

 

I tried to put one of my experiences which really helped me at the time to help transfer on here as i thought would help someone on here as i have noticed the mind thoughts in the morning is empty and thats the best time to develop into simran but seems you have got the wrong end pf the stick. Niether my veer @paapiman or daas have put any spam on here. In fact the katha posts by Paapiman is really good which i have a learned a lot from and daas tries to contribute by adding similar links to katha to help others. Name one thing that either me or paapiman have put on here.

 

This site has the best collection of gurmat online and no i don't promote jatha's on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...