sex

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Body parts have specific functions and are designed to work in certain ways. To disrespect your or someone else's body by making it do what it's not meant to is disrespecting Waheguru's hukam.

There are numerous health and hygiene issues and also, as Silence says above, Kaam shouldn't control you.

So, yes it is prohibited.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_sex

Anal sex exposes participants to two principal dangers: infections, due to the high number of infectious microorganisms not found elsewhere on the body, and physical damage to the anus and the rectum due to their vulnerability.

Recent reports have documented that risky behavior is on the rise among men who have sex with men.[15] Likewise, among men who have sex with women, a 1992 study of socially and sexually active Puerto Rican men indicated that of the more than 40% who reported having anal sex with women, very few had used condoms.[27] Among gay men, anal sex without the use of a condom is referred to as barebacking.

Infectious diseases

Among the diseases with which anal sex is associated are HIV,[28] anal cancer,[29] typhoid fever[30] and various diseases associated with the infectious nature of fecal matter or sexual intercourse in general. Among these are: Amoebiasis; Chlamydia; Cryptosporidiosis; E. coli infections; Giardiasis; Gonorrhea; Hepatitis A; Hepatitis B; Hepatitis C; Herpes simplex; Human papillomavirus; Lymphogranuloma venereum; Pubic lice; Salmonellosis; Shigella; Syphilis; Tuberculosis.[31][32][33]

HIV/AIDS

The high concentration of white blood cells around the rectum, together with the risk of cuts to the rectum and that one of the functions of the rectum is to absorb fluid, increases the risk of HIV transmission because the HIV retrovirus reproduces within the immune system's T-cells/CD4 cells. Use of condoms and other precautions are a medically recommended way to lessen risk of infections. Unprotected receptive anal sex is the most risky sexual behavior in terms of HIV transmission.[34][35][36]

Physical damage

Physical damage to the rectum and anus can manifest as generalized ano-rectal trauma, hemorrhoids, anal fissures,[31] and rectal prolapse. An insufficient amount of lubricant can make it especially painful or injurious.[37] Damage is more likely if intercourse is forcible or aggressive, if alcohol or other drugs have dulled sensitivity, if communication is poor, or if technique is clumsy.

Incontinence

Incontinence has also been reported; the result of the anal sphincter losing its tonus.[38] However a 1997 study published in the American Journal of Gastroenterology found no difference in levels of incontinence between homosexual men who engaged in anal sex and heterosexual men who did not, and severely criticised an earlier 1993 study published in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine which had found that fourteen out of a sample of forty men receiving anal intercourse experienced episodes of frequent anal incontinence for its inclusion of flatus in its definition of incontinence.[39][40]

Dr. Jack Morin recommended kegel exercises to prevent loss of muscle tone from anal fisting or insertion of large objects in a presentation of clinical aspects of anal sexuality, delivered at the 1998 joint conference of the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality and the American Association of Sex Educators. He added, however, that he had never personally observed "loosening" in any of his patients[41].

Cancer

Most cases of anal cancer are related to infection with the human papilloma virus. The incidence of the disease has jumped 160% in men and 78% in women in the last thirty years, according to a 2004 American study. The increase is attributed to changing trends in sexual behavior and tobacco use. Current use of tobacco increased the incidence of anal cancer four-fold, while a history of multiple sex partners (fifteen or more) or receptive anal sex increased the incidence seven-fold

You seem to be confusing external dharma which is appropriate for time and place with the eternal dharma of which Sikhi is an expression. The eternal dharma does not vary with time or place it is always the same. Sikhi teaches the archetype or the primal idea of dharma, which contains all manifest dharma - like the shariat. Sikhi is the source of all rules and is the source of shariat.

It may be unintentional on your part, but the attitude you have towards the Akash Bani of the Guru's is deregatory. Gurbani is not a rulebook, it teaches men to become writers of rulebooks. Bani creates prophets.

Eternal Sunset: couldn't stay away eh? :wink:

Anyway, you wrote ".....how is one to follow Hukam Rajai Chalna then?" In this case, it would be followed by not using the body in ways it was not designed to be used.

You seem to be confusing external dharma which is appropriate for time and place with the eternal dharma of which Sikhi is an expression. The eternal dharma does not vary with time or place it is always the same. Sikhi teaches the archetype or the primal idea of dharma, which contains all manifest dharma - like the shariat. Sikhi is the source of all rules and is the source of shariat.

It may be unintentional on your part, but the attitude you have towards the Akash Bani of the Guru's is deregatory. Gurbani is not a rulebook, it teaches men to become writers of rulebooks. Bani creates prophets.

Wah... :!:

It may be unintentional on your part, but the attitude you have towards the Akash Bani of the Guru's is deregatory. Gurbani is not a rulebook, it teaches men to become writers of rulebooks. Bani creates prophets

I never intended to touch upon metaphysical matters as they are separate from the question at hand. Your point about eternal dharma may be true but as you said that eternal dharma is the source of an external dharma manifest in Sikhi, so that external aspect also exists and has to be taken into account. My question is: gurbani being the source of guidance in spiritual and temporal matters (miri and piri) and given the fact that Guru Granth Sahib is pragat guran ki deh what is gurbani's take on the issue we discussed previously?

As for your statement "bani creates prophets", I fail to understand it. Do you mean that a person who meditates on bani becomes a prophet? What do you mean by prophet?

for the eternal dharma to become manifest, it can only manifest through an individual. This is the manifestation of the eternal dharma, if this man so wishes he can codify these truths, he has sensed, into laws for others to follow. This is what I believe a prophet is, a bringer of dharma. If you have read Henry Corbin you will know that each mystic undergoes the ascension, the mi'raj of the Prophet Muhammed, and becomes the seal of prophecy himself. This is what I mean by Gurbani creating prophets, it creates mystics who in islamic terms, become the seal of the prophecy.

FOr individuals who do not know whether they should have anal sex or not there is no rule saying this correct or incorrect. In Sikhi each individual must make his or her decision based on their degree of self knowledge. Self knowledge is obtained from the teachings of the Guru, we have faith the Guru will grace us with self knowledge, so we can sense the correctness of our actions. Whereas religious systems are liable to corruption and misinterpretation, the Sikh system, reveals correct ways of living through an individuals mystical relationship with the Guru.

FOr individuals who do not know whether they should have anal sex or not there is no rule saying this correct or incorrect. In Sikhi each individual must make his or her decision based on their degree of self knowledge. Self knowledge is obtained from the teachings of the Guru, we have faith the Guru will grace us with self knowledge, so we can sense the correctness of our actions. Whereas religious systems are liable to corruption and misinterpretation, the Sikh system, reveals correct ways of living through an individuals mystical relationship with the Guru.

Sorry I don't get it. So according to you:

Individuals make up decisions based on self knowledge.

Self knowledge is obtained from the Guru.

Well if knowledge is obtained from the Guru it isn't self knowledge at all as it comes not from oneself but from the Guru.

So we go back to the Guru being the source of guidance through gurbani. Not everyone is a mystic. The busy mother or the man who works hard in the field has no time for deep meditation and they need guidance too for matters that may seem trivial to a "mystic".

for the eternal dharma to become manifest, it can only manifest through an individual. This is the manifestation of the eternal dharma, if this man so wishes he can codify these truths, he has sensed, into laws for others to follow. This is what I believe a prophet is, a bringer of dharma. If you have read Henry Corbin you will know that each mystic undergoes the ascension, the mi'raj of the Prophet Muhammed, and becomes the seal of prophecy himself. This is what I mean by Gurbani creating prophets, it creates mystics who in islamic terms, become the seal of the prophecy.

So a prophet is a mystic and a mystic is a prophet? What does seal of prophecy mean?

If I understand correctly any mystic is his own prophet and creates his own law? Sort of "thou shalt do as thou wilst"?

Sort of "thou shalt do as thou wilst"?

Not at all.

Can't speak for Mekhane ch'Janat but this is what I know:

As you wrote earlier, Maharaj Ji says "Hukam Rajai Chalna". You are 100% right that Guru Granth Sahib Ji is "Pargat Gura Ki Deh". If you go with faith and take a Hukamnama, you will get the answer to any question you can think of.

Only if you have faith.

:)

Not at all.

Can't speak for Mekhane ch'Janat but this is what I know:

As you wrote earlier, Maharaj Ji says "Hukam Rajai Chalna". You are 100% right that Guru Granth Sahib Ji is "Pargat Gura Ki Deh". If you go with faith and take a Hukamnama, you will get the answer to any question you can think of.

Only if you have faith.

Faith can mean many things. Faith can lead people to move mountains or it an move them to crash planes into buildings. Faith is one thing, but it has to be balanced with guidance derived from knowledge itself derived from God. Faith is like fuel. A car with fuel can go anywhere but it needs guidelines and directions. Same thing with Sikhi. Having shardha is great but you need direction from gubani as well. Sikhi puts a lot of emphasis on married life. It is only normal that, like any other religion, Sikhi should have its rules about married life. The problem is these things don't get discussed because of a certain shame. But people need to know. How am I supposed to lead a proper married life if I don't know the guidelines. The initial question makes sense because it highlights the need know the passages in gurbani and the rahit that talk about it.

All this "make up your own Sikhi", I don't know...i just don't buy it otherwise any dehdhari guru is justified into saying that " oh I am a mystic I can make my own laws". I am just very sceptical...

Having shardha is great but you need direction from gubani as well.

That's why I said to take a Hukamnama. Always works for me!

I've already explained my views with regard to the original post - you should stay in Hukam and not abuse the body with unnatural acts (Hukam Rajai Chalna....).