Nihang Phoola set on fire inside Central Jail

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

shaheediyans question is one i asked many moons ago. Why Baba Santa Singh never took action against him. There is more to this guy tho than meets the eye. His group only small was very well armed and had the protection of Panjab rakhsas sena top SSP's etc. For many moons they had protected him but his time finally run out.

Someone also told me that Poohla had served his use to the govt and that some police officers were alarmed that he may take down a sinking ship, hence his killing by 2 petty criminals may not be as straigthforward as it seems. However i hope this isnt the case, but one only has to look at Giani Zail Singh........

shaheediyans question is one i asked many moons ago. Why Baba Santa Singh never took action against him. There is more to this guy tho than meets the eye. His group only small was very well armed and had the protection of Panjab rakhsas sena top SSP's etc. For many moons they had protected him but his time finally run out.

Someone also told me that Poohla had served his use to the govt and that some police officers were alarmed that he may take down a sinking ship, hence his killing by 2 petty criminals may not be as straigthforward as it seems. However i hope this isnt the case, but one only has to look at Giani Zail Singh........

If thats a case, one may question how come tarna dal jathedars or all the nihang jathebandis never took action against him??? since poola was orginally from tarna dal. To my best knowledge, he was kicked out from dal panth.

if he was kicked out from dal panth, how did he end up creating such an "empire" in the name of the Tarna Dal?

you know how it is in india, if one gets kicked out from the dal...somehow they get more followers than being in the dal..lol.. because others like him join them. In other words- bunch of thugs, theives, rapist, murders all get together and join their own cult.

do you believe that the other dals were afraid to tackle poohla in a face-off?

I think that not just Nihangs, but everyone was afraid to tackle him face to face. Otherwise, I doubt 40 of his well armed gang would have been able to stop 5 well armed Singhs who would go on a suicidal mission to kill him. But the Panth could not produce these 5 Singhs. What those 2 guys did in jail is something praiseworthy. They should be rewarded by all Dharmic, Nihang, SGPC, Panthic, Sant etc Jathabandis in my opinion because those two guys did something non of us was prepared to do.

Poohla's father was a Kooka. So Poohla in his early years till college was a kooka, but due to his fighting skills he was a local gang leader of college going thugs in Ludhiana. I think he was recruited by a corrupt Nihang named Kahn Singh(who was shot by Kharkoos). Poohla succeeded him and put Kahn Singh's anti Panthic views into practical use by targeting and killing people who were of Panthic thinking. The police saw this and started supporting him as a counter insurgent.

Many governments around the world who have insurgency problem use this method of supporting counter insurgency groups such as poohla’s group. This method has worked well in Chechnya for example where many former insurgents have been recruited into the counter insurgency group of thugs under a sociopathic man named Ramzan Kodirov who rapes, murders and extorts his own people.

Usually these counter insurgents are just as brutal and violent as the insurgents themselves, not surprisingly since many of them were former insurgents themselves. But unlike insurgents who might be bound by some ideological, religious rules of combat, the counter insurgents are hired thugs who are basically guns for hire and often indulge in loot and rape as a means to spread fear. Sadly this is probably the most effective method of countering insurgency. That is how insurgency was countered in Punjab.

So many policemen and former policemen in Punjab have the blood of Sikhs on their hands. Sooner or later they will have to pay for this somehow. I'm not a Khalistani, but I do beleive that those policemen who served under KPS Gill and are responsible for murder, rape of Sikhs are demonic criminals and they will pay some how.

Mithar Ji,

Jathedar Baba Kahn Singh a corrput man? Where on earth are you getting your information from? Baba Kahn Singh was a highly respected mahapursh and a major force in the early years of the Sikh militancy. He lead his operations from Hazoor Sahib and had a jatha of 100 Nihang Singh with him at all times.

He was killed by "Kharkhoos" in his sleep, having recieved death threats he challenged whoever wanted to kill him to attempt to do so while Baba Kahn Singh was awake and to not perform the shameless act of killing him in his sleep. As you guessed he was killed in his sleep by so called Kharkhoos. With Baba Kahn Singh gone, the Kharkhoo movement adapting strong anti Nihang views, against Jhatka Sukha. Hence you find a lot less Nihangs involved in later years of the movement.

Phoola performed the funeral of Baba Kahn Singh amidst great fear of attack from Kharkhoos, this initially won him great respect amongst Nihang Dals as did his fearless efforts to avenge the death of Baba Kahn Singh. Hence he was assumed successor of Baba Kahn Singh which is why hes was referred to as a jathedar. He killed many involved in Baba Kahn Singhs murder, he would set up tent in the village of prominent Kharkhoos waiting for them to come to him so he could avange Baba Kahn Singhs death. His breavery was well respected as all over Punjab Nihang Singh were being increasingly harrassed by newer Kharkhoos for performing Chatka and Sukhnidhan etc, informers dressed as Nihangs didnt help the situation much either.

It is said at this point Phoola became very hankari and relising a common enemy was recruited by government forces. He then started killing kharkhoos unrelated to the death of Baba Kahn Singh and we all know the path of murder, rape, loot etc then he then indulged in. He also murdered many Nihang Singhs who opposed him, and any Nihang Singh who was respected in and around Phoolas area. Nihang dals soon broke all ties with him.

Baba Kahn Singh thrived for unity in the Sikh militancy and was leader of the famous Nihang Singh Kharkhoos from Hazoor Sahib, Im not sure who has told you otherwise of where you got this information from.

Phoolas acts were truly demonic and his death was truly fitting, his body was so badly burnt that the police couldnt bathe his body beforing bathing it. However, this is no excuse to taint history. Unfortunately, you still see many people obsessed with the perfection of the Kharkhoo movement and therefore will fail to truly understand events of the period. Fact of the matter is if so called Kharkhoos didnt murder Baba Kahn Singh Phoola wouldnt have become the beaast he was and committed his demonic acts, and Nihang Singhs would have carried on being heavily involved in the Sikh militancy.

Best to ask elder Nihang Singhs or Sants alive in the era about Baba Kahn Singh, dont be surprised to hear him referred to as a sampooran brahmgiani.

Information from

http://www.sikhlionz.com/martyrbhaiisukhdevsinghsakeera.htm

"At that time, there was a Nihang called Kahn Singh Baggi, who had taken over Gurdwara Khadur Sahib. He was associated with the Tarna dal group of Baba Bishan Singh from Baba Bakala. He treated Sikhs very arrogantly, and many Sikh sangat were very unhappy with his anti-Sikh activities at the historic Gurdwara. As a result, the attendance at the Gurdwara dropped, resulting in less churava (golak money) for him. At a large meeting of Sikhs, Nihang Kahn Singh vehemently and abusively spoke against Shaheed Baba Jarnail Singh Bindrawale. Bhai Sukhdev Singh could not tolerate this, and said “your men are gangsters and doing wrong, and you have the nerve to blame Mahapursh Sant Jarnail Singh for you dwindling sangat. You should think before you speak!†However Kahn Singh was influenced by no-one, and said whatever came to his mouth without thinking. Bhai Sahib knew now was not the time, and he could not do anything. However some time later, outside Punjab at Hola Mohalla celebrations, Nihang Kahn Singh was shot dead, by a Singh who escaped shouting “Sant Jarnial Singh Jindabad!†Bhai Sukhdev Singh Sakeera is credited with this action. "

Having lost a lot of Singhs under his command Baba Kahn Singh expressed his opinion at a meeting of Kharkhoos. He said Sant Jarnail Singh Ji should have consulted more of them before taking his steps so they could have been better organised for the events after bluestar and not suffered unnecessary losses. At this some Kharkhoos hurt by his remarks threatened to kill him, Baba Kahn Singh said if you wish to kill me fight me head on and we will see who is a truer Kharkhoo, do not kill me in my sleep. He was murdered in his sleep and so disperesed the largest coherent group of Nihang Singh kharkhoos.

kahn singh was not killed in his sleep. ok ? he was killed during tha day at celebrations in hazoor sahib. Kahn Singh did mukhbari and informed the police and they arrested 13 kharkhoos and killed them in false encounter. I doubt that what is posted earlier :

"Having lost a lot of Singhs under his command Baba Kahn Singh expressed his opinion at a meeting of Kharkhoos. He said Sant Jarnail Singh Ji should have consulted more of them before taking his steps so they could have been better organised for the events after bluestar and not suffered unnecessary losses " is total bs.

if that was the case then why do mukhbari and get other sikhs killed?

you've just posted lies.

The information I have posted was given to me by a sant active at the time period. Baba Kahn Singh is still considered a well respected Nihang Singh by elders of Dalpanth and his murder considered as the cause of main strife between nihang singhs and kharkhoos. Regarding him being a police informer I have yet to hear this from a credible source