Abuse Of The Nihang Singh Bana

MrLanda

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Punishment now is a thing of the past, in the times of a Guru Gobind Singh a singh may mispronounce a word of gurbani he would get a slap, why – for not showing satkaar to gurus bani, upmost satkaar of gurbani can only be done through practice of santhiya. This principle needs to be reainstated, when beadbi is happening those in aid of it need to be slapped!

This post is a mere attempt to help those who consider the gurus bana as a uniform, as a lifeline to those to realise sikhi is alot that what certain people think it is, a steer in the direction of truth!! Please do not consider this as an attack on any jathabandi, but more as someone trying to help .

The Gurus bana, the bana of the Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa has lost its status from what once was something that had to be earned through living an austere life, a life dedicated to relentless seva, a life dedicated to the word of the Guru, where now it holds the respect of something equal to that of a fancy dress costume.

This image the image of the true loveable army the Akali Nihang Singh khalsa has been severly tarnished to a point of no return. It is the young, un-educated, egotistical, and incredibly stupid life forms that have polluted the Bir Ras spirit and image of the Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa.

Not to point fingers, but those people who hold the above criteria are associated to those of the akhand kirtani jatha. Many people where the bana, the dumalla, shastar, chand, etc, with complete ignorance not understanding any of its relevance, its significance or origins! The akj egocentrics wear the bana although they will not see it, but it is for purely for the image = hankar!!! It is to attract people to say 'look at me'.

The bana is for nihang singhs, and nihang singhs only. Just as, the Damdami Taksal, the nirmalay, they have there own dress/chola, so do the Nihang Singh Khalsa. If you are not a Nihang singh, dont wear what doesnt belong to you. A simple example, a police office would wear a police uniform, why because he is a police officer. It would be rather stupid for someone who is not a police officer to wear the outfit wouldnt it?? So why do those individuals who are not Nihang Singhs, wear the bana of the Nihangs. However those akj, may argue and are adament in saying it is the bana of Guru Gobind Singh, and there are 100% correct. But what they fail to realise is Guru Gobind Singh was an Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa! The bana was given by Akali Nihang Guru Gobind, was a that most fierceless Nihang Singh ever, he was the khalsa, khalsa=Nihang!! He was the Akaal Purakh!! This is not a difficult concept to understand. Don’t take my word for this, but ask any mahapursh, brahm giani, experienced katha vachaks, that Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singhs gets niraj if someone wears the bana without having earned it!

If you want to adapt the bana, the image, because it is a totally awesome image. Please make the effort to earn it, go the dal, live with the nihangs, adapt the Nihang Singh maryada, be true to puratan sikhi!!! These modern people who wear bana and do not understand what is covers, in most cases have not even taken amrit, do not even know there bani!! Dont wear it if you are not coming as a package!!

Many of these wannabe nihangs(undercover akjs) even insult the puritan Nihang Singh maryada. If one wanted to learn about the maryada of chatka, i would ask a Nihang Singh as i know it is there maryada. But if one is an akj disguised as a Nihang Singh how would he know such accepted element of sikh history, except what he does is insult what according to his image is his maryada. Shooting yourself in the foot. Would a Taksal Singh say dont do santheya, would an akj say don’t do exhausting saas giraas naam simran, no just as a Nihang Singh wouldn’t insult his own maryada, but these akjs who dress like nihangs do!!

In the time of Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh, there were the Akali Nihang Singhs, the Damdami Taksal, the Nirmala and the sevapanthis! Nothing else, everything else was manmade, manmat!! The akj were created in the 1930’s and are no different from the nirankaris, the radha soamis. Those jathas also respect Aad Guru Granth Sahib Ji, but not fully. Just as the akj!!

Please understand, what the Gurus created for us was a priceless jewel and something that has not been realised, if we divert from this in any way or form how can we expect to get the kirpa from our guru!! It is like the guru telling us not to cut our hair, but we still do. Just as how he has given us a path of truth, but we choose to follow our own path. These moden manmade jathay that have only started less than 100yrs ago are not the way the guru prescribed. Akali Guru Arjan Dev Ji, dedicated his life to the teaching of classical music, he wrote raags in which we could sing his beautiful sabads in, as his sikhs are we not to follow in his footsteps. Instead the akj have made a futile attempt at recreating what the Almighty Guru made for us.

Please do not consider this a post to bash, slander or judge any jatha or group but to help people realise that Sikhi is so much more. Please read the below sites which also discuss anti Sikh practices. The readers may consider the authors to be biased, that is because there are, as they too feel disrespect has been shown and something has to be said.

http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/article_samparda_akj.html

http://neo-sikhism.blogspot.com/2008/11/akj-and-sikh-rahit-maryada.html

I will leave with the words of Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh:

Jhuta kehe, jhuta hm kai hai, jo sabh logh manai kurrai hai

hm kahu ke kaan na rakai, sat bachan mukh oopar bhakai

What is false i will call false, even though people try to silence me

I do not care what people think, i will speak the truth from my mouth

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

96 Crori Shromani Panth Akali Budha Dal - Akaaaaala

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Have you seen Guru Sahib's clothes - have a look next time you're in India, you'll be surprised.

I dont think so, i take you it you seen Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh wearing because you are a brahm giani who can see in the past.

I dont post to argue, i posted to help. All the puratan are not here for nothing, there bana is historically relevant, as it was given by Guru Gobind Singh!!

Following on from Mr Landa,

The AKJ were headed by Granthi Randhir Singh ji, who was heavily influanced by Mr Gandhi, and was very impressed by The Radha Soami sangat.

They then later stated that Sikhi was 'Brahmanised' and that sacrifice of a coconut and chandan was nevetr part of Sikhi, and that chadka was never part of maryada.

People like the AKJ have changed sikhi so much, that these days its no different from Budhism, IMHO.

God bless, ove n Lightr y'all

PS: KFC are going to be doing a christmas offer. Buy a Bucket for over £15, and get a £9.99 Bucket for half price.

Nihangs have a copy right over the Chola? Are you serious? So no one else is allowed to wear a Chola? Next time you are in India, go to some museum and take a look at those old Indo Persian painting which clearly show Mughals or Muslims and Rajputs also wearing Chola, the kind that Nihangs wear. So did they have to ask permission from Nihangs to wear a Chola??? Tomorrow people like you will say the 5 kakkars are also the copy right of Nihangs, or Gurbani is also the copy right of Nihangs and no other Sikh is allowed to read it.

Since the last few months the quality of this forum is going lower and lower by the day with such useless and brain dead topics.

I always wonder why are we (Sikhs) are the only ones in the whole world plagued with such idiocy from our own who are basically detractors of our faith. You'll never see Hindus, Buddhists, Jews or Muslims have such retards amongst their ranks. It's really frustrating.

Edited by Mithar

Nihangs have a copy right over the Chola? Are you serious? So no one else is allowed to wear a Chola? Next time you are in India, go to some museum and take a look at those old Indo Persian painting which clearly show Mughals or Muslims and Rajputs also wearing Chola, the kind that Nihangs wear. So did they have to ask permission from Nihangs to wear a Chola??? Tomorrow people like you will say the 5 kakkars are also the copy right of Nihangs, or Gurbani is also the copy right of Nihangs and no other Sikh is allowed to read it.

Since the last few months the quality of this forum is going lower and lower by the day with such useless and brain dead topics.

I always wonder why are we (Sikhs) are the only ones in the whole world plagued with such idiocy from our own who are basically detractors of our faith. You'll never see Hindus, Buddhists, Jews or Muslims have such retards amongst their ranks. It's really frustrating.

You really did not read what i had put, no one has copy over the chola. Nihang singhs have their bana, there own identity. The identity of Guru Gobind Singh, just as the other sikhs like the taksal, nirmalay etc had there own. My argument is people wear the nihang singh bana without earning it as a sign of hankar!! Read it, understand and come back to me facts not rubbish!! My argument is backed with historical truth and facts.

dear mr landa

was not the biggest stain on the nihang bana, those sided with the indian govt for money in 84 and beyond? and deserted their own?

was not the biggest stain on the nihang bana, those who kept their heads down when Aad Guru Darbar was set on fire?

your words about the akj may be right, but dont give that nihangs are are holier than thou attitude and pretend that they are any more deserving to wear this bana than any other sikhs.

as Sant Jarnail Singh used to say, to keep weapons and harm others is a sin, but to keep weapons and fail to uphold dharma is a greater sin. Did you see ay evidence of Nihang SInghs upholdeing dharma over the last 25 years?

the very first abusers of the bana are thos eyou trying to big-up. It won't work.

Edited by chatanga1

dear mr landa

was not the biggest stain on the nihang bana, those sided with the indian govt for money in 84 and beyond? and deserted their own?

was not the biggest stain on the nihang bana, those who kept their heads down when Aad Guru Darbar was set on fire?

your words about the akj may be right, but dont give that nihangs are are holier than thou attitude and pretend that they are any more deserving to wear this bana than any other sikhs.

as Sant Jarnail Singh used to say, to keep weapons and harm others is a sin, but to keep weapons and fail to uphold dharma is a greater sin. Did you see ay evidence of Nihang SInghs upholdeing dharma over the last 25 years?

the very first abusers of the bana are thos eyou trying to big-up. It won't work.

I am not bigging up anybody, yes defnitely agree there have been many nihang singhs who have along the path of truth. But the bana of the Akali Nihang Singh Fauj is for them. And what is with the weird picture, are you wanting to be chatkad or something?

And what is with the weird picture, are you wanting to be chatkad or something?

Lol. isnt that the best way to go? be ishnaaned, listen to chandi di war, and then THUD!, and hearing AKAL!!!

only Goats with Kamaiee get this fortunate path. Im just a chatanga waiting.

True there are many amazing nihang singhs, who's jeevani is something else.

I feel Mr. Landa is right. The AKJ has insulted the Bana. They dont follow the puratan maryada of 1699, they have their own maryada. Veers what copyright are you talking about ? Do you want that years down the line, we also like hindus, will be hurling abusing those scoundrels who do baedbi of sanatan dharam by wearing the saffron Bana and go smoking and womenising and all sorts of kurehit?

Think what he is saying, rather than argueing about human rights. Try this thing, wear the Bana of a tablighi and go to the nearest pub. Trust me, in hours you will face the worst part of your life OR even for that sake wear a christian priest's Bana and do something similiar, you still will face opposition.

I'm not akj Singh. So what they do does not matter to me. But I do know this much based on people I know who are part of AKJ Sangat, they are very Panthic Sikhs, they don’t do 4 Kurahits, they promote rehet and amritvela, stand up for the Panth when times are bad, yet (according to you) they should not be allowed to wear Khalsa's bana? Show me one puraatan source which says that only Nihangs are allowed to wear bana? I’m not a Nihang or AKJ, but I like to wear Bana when waking up at Amritvela or doing Paath, so according to your logic I should not be allowed to do so just because I’m not a Nihang?

As if we don't have enough controversies in our Panth to confuse us which we fight over, you feel the need to create a new (immature) controversy for Sikhs to fight over? Why can’t we just promote our similarities rather can focusing on our differences? Except for the Kala Afghanists, other Sikhsof various groups have more in common than we think. If you cannot do anything for the unity of the Panth, then atleast don’t play a divisive and troublesome role.

Mithar I am sure if akj didn't promote nindya against nihangs and nihang maryada and anti-raagmala sentiments, then people wouldn't mind so much.

look at an akj-friendly site like sikhsangat, where many nihang views are censored, or can get you banned.

http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/article_samparda_akj3.html

‘Bhai Randhir Singh, as I told you before - they were new [to Sikhism], they had great enthusiasm. A new person as he gets caught up in whatever place he becomes like that. They, the five Singhs said a prayer and pledged not to read ‘Raagmala’ all their lives. Ok, now Bhai Randhir Singh went to jail and Teja Singh [bhasauria] began to preach that ‘Svaiya’ (scriptures from Adi Guru Durbar) are not scripture. ‘Bhagat Bani’ (scriptures from Adi Guru Durbar from Sikh, Hindu and Muslim saints) that to is not scripture. Other texts, which are not directly [Guru’s text] are [also] not scripture. Only texts of Sikh Guru’s of the first, second, third, fourth, fifth [and ninth] are scripture. He [Teja Singh Bhasauria] got his own Guru Granth published for he had his own printing press. When he published the Granth and the people found out then an edict from Akal Takht was issued against the Bhasaurias, stating no one was to have any contact with them. That anyone having contact with them would be excommunicated from Sikhism……Now, if Bhai Randhir Singh appreciated that he [Teja Singh Bhasauria] has attacked even the Sikh scriptures. ‘Bhagat Bani’, ‘Svaiya’, ‘Saehskirti’ and many others [sikh texts in Adi Guru Durbar] then he [Teja Singh Bhasauria] was also wrong with regards to ‘Raagmala’ [As he was with regards to these aforementioned scriptural texts]. But Bhai Sahib [Randhir Singh] did not think like that. Now, Bhai Sahib could sing Sikh religious texts. He also had great spiritual power. Because all day in jail, he was kept in isolation there, he contemplated “Va-eh Guru Va-eh Guru”. In this way he had great spiritual power. Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh [of Samparda Bhindra] and Bhai Randhir Singh had a meeting for three hours at Panjkhora Sahib. Understand. Only them two sat inside for three hours and talked. Bhai Randhir Singh said he accepted that: “From now on I will not say anything to anyone that someone read or not read [Raagmala].”

Second, the holy being [baba Gurbachan Singh] said…The holy being then said when he came back:

“He [Randhir Singh] has done great study of scripture so as he may attain salvation. But he will have to take one more birth so as he may read Guru Granth with ‘Raagmala’ then he will have salvation.”

Here he [Randhir Singh] doubted the Guru. He who doubts the Guru, no matter how great a Sikh he is----- At the end [on death bed] Bhai Sahib greatly suffered. His end was of great suffering it should not have been like this.’

Giani Gurdev Singh, transcript of interview on October 2001

http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/article_samparda_panchkhalsadiwan3.html

‘These ‘Bhasuria’ (followers of Teja Singh Bhasauria), who now are called ‘Akhand Kirtania’. There was a person called Teja Singh Bhasauria. Bhasaur village - if we come from Malerkotla to Ludihana is there on one side. There he built his Gurdwara. He adorned his turban like us (ie. like the Akali Nihangs). What is proper or improper conduct (meaning made his own rules) - he initiated people his own way. Boys or girls. He would have two Singhs put their lips to initiate’s ears another Singh to initiate’s lips and chant “Vah Guru Vah Guru”. What were they doing? They say, “We are putting in them, Vah Guru”. These are them --- He [Teja Singh] cut out ‘Raagmala’, excluded ‘Bhagta Bani’, instead of, ‘Pritham Bhagauti Simar Keh’, he began to use, ‘Pritham Satnam Simar Keh Guru Nanak Lee Dhiaeh’. All this he did, Teja Singh Bhasuria, now they call themselves ‘Akhand Kirtania’. That Randhir Singh was from Narangwal (a village near Ludhiana). I know all this. I lived near them in Ludhiana. Their traditions are some other (meaning they have no lineage). Their traditions are distinct from Sikh traditions.------ What deeds haven’t these traitors done this is the truth. They denied scripture, criticised scripture. Such are their evil deeds.’

Akali Nihang Baba Santa Singh, transcript of interview on 27-10-1999

Mithar I am sure if akj didn't promote nindya against nihangs and nihang maryada and anti-raagmala sentiments, then people wouldn't mind so much.

look at an akj-friendly site like sikhsangat, where many nihang views are censored, or can get you banned.

http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/article_samparda_akj3.html

‘Bhai Randhir Singh, as I told you before - they were new [to Sikhism], they had great enthusiasm. A new person as he gets caught up in whatever place he becomes like that. They, the five Singhs said a prayer and pledged not to read ‘Raagmala’ all their lives. Ok, now Bhai Randhir Singh went to jail and Teja Singh [bhasauria] began to preach that ‘Svaiya’ (scriptures from Adi Guru Durbar) are not scripture. ‘Bhagat Bani’ (scriptures from Adi Guru Durbar from Sikh, Hindu and Muslim saints) that to is not scripture. Other texts, which are not directly [Guru’s text] are [also] not scripture. Only texts of Sikh Guru’s of the first, second, third, fourth, fifth [and ninth] are scripture. He [Teja Singh Bhasauria] got his own Guru Granth published for he had his own printing press. When he published the Granth and the people found out then an edict from Akal Takht was issued against the Bhasaurias, stating no one was to have any contact with them. That anyone having contact with them would be excommunicated from Sikhism……Now, if Bhai Randhir Singh appreciated that he [Teja Singh Bhasauria] has attacked even the Sikh scriptures. ‘Bhagat Bani’, ‘Svaiya’, ‘Saehskirti’ and many others [sikh texts in Adi Guru Durbar] then he [Teja Singh Bhasauria] was also wrong with regards to ‘Raagmala’ [As he was with regards to these aforementioned scriptural texts]. But Bhai Sahib [Randhir Singh] did not think like that. Now, Bhai Sahib could sing Sikh religious texts. He also had great spiritual power. Because all day in jail, he was kept in isolation there, he contemplated “Va-eh Guru Va-eh Guru”. In this way he had great spiritual power. Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh [of Samparda Bhindra] and Bhai Randhir Singh had a meeting for three hours at Panjkhora Sahib. Understand. Only them two sat inside for three hours and talked. Bhai Randhir Singh said he accepted that: “From now on I will not say anything to anyone that someone read or not read [Raagmala].”

Second, the holy being [baba Gurbachan Singh] said…The holy being then said when he came back:

“He [Randhir Singh] has done great study of scripture so as he may attain salvation. But he will have to take one more birth so as he may read Guru Granth with ‘Raagmala’ then he will have salvation.”

Here he [Randhir Singh] doubted the Guru. He who doubts the Guru, no matter how great a Sikh he is----- At the end [on death bed] Bhai Sahib greatly suffered. His end was of great suffering it should not have been like this.’

Giani Gurdev Singh, transcript of interview on October 2001

http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/article_samparda_panchkhalsadiwan3.html

‘These ‘Bhasuria’ (followers of Teja Singh Bhasauria), who now are called ‘Akhand Kirtania’. There was a person called Teja Singh Bhasauria. Bhasaur village - if we come from Malerkotla to Ludihana is there on one side. There he built his Gurdwara. He adorned his turban like us (ie. like the Akali Nihangs). What is proper or improper conduct (meaning made his own rules) - he initiated people his own way. Boys or girls. He would have two Singhs put their lips to initiate’s ears another Singh to initiate’s lips and chant “Vah Guru Vah Guru”. What were they doing? They say, “We are putting in them, Vah Guru”. These are them --- He [Teja Singh] cut out ‘Raagmala’, excluded ‘Bhagta Bani’, instead of, ‘Pritham Bhagauti Simar Keh’, he began to use, ‘Pritham Satnam Simar Keh Guru Nanak Lee Dhiaeh’. All this he did, Teja Singh Bhasuria, now they call themselves ‘Akhand Kirtania’. That Randhir Singh was from Narangwal (a village near Ludhiana). I know all this. I lived near them in Ludhiana. Their traditions are some other (meaning they have no lineage). Their traditions are distinct from Sikh traditions.------ What deeds haven’t these traitors done this is the truth. They denied scripture, criticised scripture. Such are their evil deeds.’

Akali Nihang Baba Santa Singh, transcript of interview on 27-10-1999

Jattboot brother, I don't even know why you would want to quote from a Niddarite site. You might as well quote from an RSS site. I know that AKJ (and most other Sikhs) do not have much respect for Niddarite Nihangs, but I have seen them speak respectful of Indian Nihangs. Of course there are divisive elements in all groups, but that should not be a reason to generalise against an entire group within the Panth. We need to think in perspective of Panthic unity. While the entire Panth is coming together to fight fake Gurudoms in Punjab, let us not slow down this momentum towards unity by creating new topics to fight over which will slow us down and cause new rifts. No one is going to benefit from rifts except for our enemies.

Try to understand what is being projected, disrespect of the Bana is what is focussed. I am not sure how thigns are being taken , but i dont think they are taken rightly

what i am basically trying to portray is why it would be deemed even more offensive if someone from AKJ wore the nihang bana as opposed to some other jathebandi.

And I think it is obvious from the statement by the late Akali Nihang Jathedar Baba Santa Singh ji.

I reckon the 3HO Singhs who wear bana everyday, even to work, have more right to wear it than part time NIhangs in the West, who treat it like fancy dress to be worn to events.

I understand why nobody wants to see Bana get disrespected, but what are you going to do to stop people wearing it? It's far more disrespectful for people to wear dastars or karas and drink, go to pubs etc than it is for someone who isn't a Nihang to wear a blue chola and do Paath/ Kirtan.

Another point to keep in mind is that many Nihangs in the UK, at least, were once AKJ members. If you put people on the defensive by attacking them, they're going to be a lot less responsive to what you say, even if you're right.

Never thought I'd ever be defending the akj, lol.

London jatt veerji , you are absolutely right abt that post it wasnt yors i was answering to, but the previous one.

All i wish to say is dont then even stop radhasoamis and the deras , let them too have their cake. that senseless killings in vienna , all other oppositions should also stop. Bana or Bani then, is everybodys is all we can conclude from this discussion

in that case why curse radha soamis or the deras, all of them somewhere claim proximity to sikh identity

Radhasoamis and other Gurudoms do not believe in SGGSJ as being Satguru. They believe in Dehdhari Gurus. That is what separates them from the Khalsa Panth. When I say Panth, I do not mean those who believe in Dehdhari Gurus. They can believe what they want, that is no concearn of ours. But with us putting each other down on foolish issues rather than concentrating on our similarities we are not uniting to form a common front against external enemies.

Jattboot brother, I don't even know why you would want to quote from a Niddarite site. You might as well quote from an RSS site. I know that AKJ (and most other Sikhs) do not have much respect for Niddarite Nihangs, but I have seen them speak respectful of Indian Nihangs. Of course there are divisive elements in all groups, but that should not be a reason to generalise against an entire group within the Panth. We need to think in perspective of Panthic unity. While the entire Panth is coming together to fight fake Gurudoms in Punjab, let us not slow down this momentum towards unity by creating new topics to fight over which will slow us down and cause new rifts. No one is going to benefit from rifts except for our enemies.

Niddar is a man of supreme intelligence, his vidiya is awesome, however there are aspects that i do not agree with. He is not RSS or whatever, he is one man trying revive history! You and everybody talks about panthis ekta, we already had this when the maryada was one!! It is the creation of pakhand jathas and groups unity is broken, now people are saying lets get unity back, we shouldnt of had to do this in the first instance!!

Agree with MrLanda.

People Like the AKJ, and some of the GNNSJ (sorry to say) have put the spanner in the works my putting their ore in and creating their own maryadas. I have also seen with some GNNSJ crew that if you have taken amrit, or are not an amrit dhari they tend to ave a bias view against you.

Ok, they say you cant do Chatka, eat meat - they always try and drill this into you, but if this is the case, we shouldnt be eating any fruits also such as apples, plums, grapes because when the fruit rots within your body, it turns into alcohol!

Niddar singh ji is a person, as mr Landa has said, is trying to revive a dying art. Why is it that our people all of a sudden accuse people of being part of 'RSS' or some hindu fanatical group when a referance of hindu mythology has been bought up when talking about sikhi. Ok, he has said some stuff that seems wrong in our eyes, but give credit to the dude, he has spent the best part of 25 years studying the Arts that were used by our guru army.

Light

Mit.