New Sikh nation- Sikhistan instead of khalistan?

SAadmin

Now that I got everyone attention here...don't get me wrong i like the name khalistan over sikhistan as our sovereign sikh nation but the problem isn't just in label but the problem here is regarding violent narratives against innocent/blood of innocent civilians already been attached to khalistan (to the point its beyond repair) as its maliciously attached by GOI, violent narratives attached by extremist splinter khalistani groups post 1984 or whether its attached by penduness/tribalism/ignorance/fear in the panth by hot headed sikhs who cannot control their anger.

I seriously hope people ponder upon new name of our sovereign sikh nation. I have no problem with original framework of sikh nation khalistan as purposed in anandpur sahib resolution come up with rough draft of constitution of our sovereign nation..cannot even believe its been 40 years our incompetent leaders cannot even come up with simple rough draft of constitution of khalistan...absolutely pathetic !!

So what you guys think? New fresh renewed fight for SIkhistan or still khalistan?

I just fail to understand as to why are we thinking suicidal. Our 4 takhats and 5va takhat chalda vaheer cannot be uprooted and taken to a new homeland.

Please understand grassroot level issues, Sikhs in a minority failed to perform . ..in majority they will just murder each other ..this new homeland you dream of cannot assimilate Dakhhani , Bijnori, Assamese or other non punjabi Sikhs .  The Jatt is after Bhappas ...mainland punjabis just dont understand other Sikhs . The Nihang and taksali cant tolerate each other and they both again cant tolerate the akj and vice a versa.

I have roots in the northwest but was brought up in Maharashtra so consider myself Dakkhani...and i know how difficult it is to assimilate back into the northwestern identity.

Now that I got everyone attention here...don't get me wrong i like the name khalistan over sikhistan as our sovereign sikh nation but the problem isn't just in label but the problem here is regarding violent narratives already been attached to khalistan (to the point its beyond repair) as its maliciously attached by GOI, violent narratives attached by extremist splinter khalistani groups post 1984 or whether its attached by penduness/tribalism/ignorance/fear in the panth by hot headed sikhs who cannot control their anger.

I seriously hope people ponder upon new name of our sovereign sikh nation. I have no problem with original framework of sikh nation khalistan as purposed in anandpur sahib resolution.

So what you guys think? New fresh renewed fight for SIkhistan or still khalistan?

​And how will sikhs get it...If there is plan to purchase an abandoned island then it may be possible, but if  people still thinks that Punjab can severed though armed rebellion then its not possible

I agree upto a point that the name Khalistan portrays a bad image maybe ekta-stan , sarbatland as a name . But more importantly my  views re our homeland are :-

1. Who will be the leaders ?

Are they willing to accept the role or will it be a last minute thing.

2. How will the jobs be generated ?

3. How will the economy grow ?

4. Most importantly how will the mindset of the people living there be changed ?

i.e. without bribery, corruption or back stabbing which I think is distilled into their blood ( not their fault , but the fault of society )

5. Will it be another 1947 , blood shed where sikhs residing in all parties of India ousted out ( go back to your homeland) and will they be willing to go back ?

I also believe that we now can make a change , ( many jate bandis/ organisations) are working tirelessly in the background to educate , fight for justice , stand up for our rights etc... Its all about becoming one. Our foundation is already layed ( Harmandir Sahib , Akaal Takht) , we just need proper leaders with the Kohm backing them and any issues that arise , we approach the  Akaal Takht and take their hukam . ( I know its an up hill and mammoth task , but constant pressure and education in current Punjab I feel is the key. Edicate the young and old to a high level not just in Sikhi but academia so we have our future Dr's, solicitors, builders etc.. who can feed back into the economy and generate jobs. Once they have a sense of purpose , something to build upon , who will want to leave Punjab ( hopefully no one ). Once the kohm realise and understand our History where we have come from , you never know with wahegurus Kirpa we might see some future potential leaders.

The Nihang and taksali cant tolerate each other

Actually I see the opposite. In india there is a pyaar that I have seen between both groups. Not to sure about how they like each other in mahrashtra but in Punjab they like each other etc. The dasam Granth paath bodh samagam was done by the help of both nihangs and taksalis. 

Tell you the truth I don't give a shit about Khalistan or a sikh state etc. It's not going to be more bhagti oriented if we have a place of our own. The gurus never cared for their own kingdoms. After the battle of bhagani guru Ji could have taken so much land and called it his own territory but he didn't. This notion like we deserve a homeland is bullshit. Even if we get a sikh state it will still be run by shitheads like badal or others like him. Until we be pure then there is no point of a sikh state. Once somebody become fully pure then a sikh state does not matter anymore cause they are one with god. The only sikh state is the one where god resides permanently and we have to strive for it. 

Also nobody (except for a few crazies)from the west would move to Khalistan cause they don't want to give up their luxuries such as shitting in a toilet instead of shitting in the ground or eating pizza and getting fat  or driving fast cars etc.

sorry for my language.

​You have some good points here, but regarding those whose are really attached to idea of pure independence (as their reasons are just as valid) they should really think in terms of renewed intellectual peaceful activism start fresh under name- Sikhistan or something similiar because it looks like khalistan label itself has been for most part- used and abused by people of all kinds- contary to gurmat ideals, have very questionable violence of innocent, using violence to settle non violent disputes narratives attached to it whether its attached by GOI, sikh extremist splinter khalistani groups post 1984 or whether its attached by penduness/tribalism/ignorance/fear in the panth by hot headed sikhs who cannot control their anger.

I am more inspired by tibetan pm in exile than our so called khalistani leaders: 

https://youtu.be/e18HoeK-k1c

Edited by N30 S!NGH

ove to Khalistan cause they don't want to give up their luxuries such as shitting in a toilet instead of shitting in the ground or eating pizza and getting fat  or driving fast cars etc.

this cracked me up bro , very funny ..

If you put yourself in the shoes of the average person /villagers , I think they would without a doubt fight for a better life , but due to lack of support, facilities , jobs  they dont really have a voice. If they stand up and speak they are either put down, false allegations made against them , framed by the Police ,thrown and beaten up in jail hence they dont speak up( basically minorites are opressed). There sense of purpose is to put food on the table provide for their families. Now who wouldnt strive for a better life . The spiritual side , India/Punjab is the land of of Gurus an inspiration for us to visit and learn about our history and follow the path. 

99% of the sikh population probably want to come to go abroad for a better opportunity/ life , like our parents who came to England in the 50's / 60's for a better life and to be honest do have a better life as a result of them going abroad, and when i go to the "pend" in punjab and speak to the youngsters , who struggle to find a job , if they do then they have to pay them x amount of rupees for them to get the job , regardless of their qualifications. 

99% of the sikh population in Punjab don't want an independent state. If they don't want it why do the people in the west want it?

​That might be true before but i think things are changing in punjab there are lot more khalistan rhetoric now. I agree with your overall assessment about khalistani in west.

After the battle of bhagani guru Ji could have taken so much land and called it his own territory but he didn't. This notion like we deserve a homeland is bullshit.

​Lets not talk emotionally but with proofs.

The Sri Gur Sobha, a near contemponary source, disagrees with what you say. It clearly mentions Singhs under Guru Gobind Singh seized areas around Anandpur. I have read the same in some other old books too.

There are some people who like to find only spirituality in the Guru Granth Sahib but the various mentions to Begampura and Halemi Raaj should not be taken as mere states of mind, especially given the fact that Guru Arjan Dev were martyred for these revolutionary ideas (halemi raaj).

Edited by SikhKhoj

​That might be true before but i think things are changing in punjab there are lot more khalistan rhetoric now. I agree with your overall assessment about khalistani in west.

I came back from india in January and have been going and actually asked the Khalistan question. Many people said that anybody running any sort of government in Punjab or Khalistan would be crooks so in reality they don't care much for Khalistan etc. Only the dumala wearing youths in Punjab which are a few want Khalistan but they are still young and naive.

Begampura ............

Look at our people. They'd out do any outsider in oppressing each other.

​Sikhs are no special. We are not over corrupt and we are not over honest., People are oppressed as they are oppressed in South asia by different communitties 

​In England it does appear as if many of us can't stand the sight of each other. 

Maybe its faulty perception (I don't think it is) but you do appear to have greater insularity and loyalty towards one another in other communities like Bengalis or our 'cousins' Pak Panjabis. 

Point with Sikhistan is that we've already got a strong tendency towards caste fault-lines in our panth, where oppression is a norm. Look at what goes on in pends. If we had our own place right now, these things would solidify even more. We've not got to a point where the majority actually believe in and strive for the ideal of an equal society. We're still quite savage in that respect. No one is expecting perfection in this department but if the current situation is anything to go by, there would be a lot of beastly behaviour between us. People from the wider oppressing sub-communities are indifferent to this because they aren't on the receiving end.  

And people don't even try and fob this off as a consequence of 'bahmanism' or other external forces - this shite is generated by ourselves without any external pressure. 

Very few people are going to give up relatively luxury in the west for Khalistan despite all the rhetoric. 

Edited by dalsingh101

​In England it does appear as if many of us can't stand the sight of each other. 

Maybe its faulty perception (I don't think it is) but you do appear to have greater insularity and loyalty towards one another in other communities like Bengalis or our 'cousins' Pak Panjabis. 

Point with Sikhistan is that we've already got a strong tendency towards caste fault-lines in our panth, where oppression is a norm. Look at what goes on in pends. If we had our own place right now, these things would solidify even more. We've not got to a point where the majority actually believe in and strive for the ideal of an equal society. We're still quite savage in that respect. No one is expecting perfection in this department but if the current situation is anything to go by, there would be a lot of beastly behaviour between us. People from the wider oppressing sub-communities are indifferent to this because they aren't on the receiving end.  

And people don't even try and fob this off as a consequence of 'bahmanism' or other external forces - this shite is generated by ourselves without any external pressure. 

Very few people are going to give up relatively luxury in the west for Khalistan despite all the rhetoric. 

​Caste is a very big problem in south asia , even abrahamic faiths are unable to crush it

Inter-caste Marriages Against Christianity: Kerala Bishop

http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/kerala/Inter-caste-Marriages-Against-Christianity-Kerala-Bishop/2015/06/14/article2865295.ece1

Atleast we don't have religious figures telling us not to do inter caste marriages

What I've noticed is that people raised up in India generally perceive the backwards stuff as 'norms'. I don't think they have any idea of how backwards it looks to people raised outside of that context.

When people like KDS just wave these things away arguing that 'oh, others are even worse' it just plays a part in perpetuating the bullshit. 

Atleast we don't have religious figures telling us not to do inter caste marriages

You don't need people explicitly telling you something for it to be a deeply rooted feature of a society. The 'at least we don't' argument is bullshit. If we keep comparing ourselves to even bigger tossers as some sort of justification for our own failings we'll never address them.