Granthi' among 2 held for sacrilege incidents in Amritsar, Ludhiana

kdsingh80

Tribune News Service

Amritsar/Ludhiana, October 19

Two persons, including a ‘granthi’ in a gurdwara, have been arrested in separate incidents of sacrilege in Amritsar and Ludhiana.

Those arrested have been identified Jagdeep Singh (30), a 'granthi' in a gurdwara at Nijjapura village in Amritsar, and Balwinder Kaur (53) of Ludhiana.

Amritsar Senior Superintendent of Police (rural) Jasdeep Singh Saini said they received a call from the priest of a gurdwara at Nijjapura late last night that three persons had forcibly entered the shrine and tore pages of the holy book.

“The statement of priest appeared false following which he was interrogated by police in front of other people working in the shrine,” he said.

‘Granthi’ Jagdeep Singh confessed that he had committed the crime and had tried to mislead the police, Saini said.

“The perpetrator of crime, who himself is granthi of the gurdwara, has been arrested,” the SSP said, adding the situation is under control.

Woman arrested in Ludhiana

Meanwhile, the Ludhiana city police have arrested a woman for alleged desecration of a ‘bir’ of Guru Granth Sahib at Ghawaddi gurdwara.

Balwinder Kaur entered the gurdwara around 4am on Monday and allegedly desecrated pages of Guru Granth Sahib.

When gurdwara ‘granthi’ Sikander arrived, Balwinder Kaur asked him whether the pages on the holy book are safe. After opening the Hukamnama, Sikandar told Balwinder Kaur that everything was fine.

Later, as Sikandar proceeded to read Guru Granth Sahib he found some pages torn.

Sikandar in connivance with Balwinder Kaur concocted a story and made an announcement at Ghawaddi gurdwara which led to tension in the city.

Commissioner of Police PS Umranangal said the woman and granthi have been booked. The police are probing why she desecrated the holy book. Balwinder Kaur was serving at the gurdwara for over two decades.
Her son Ranjit Singh was a two-time president of the gurdwara body.

Punjab has recently witnessed protests over a series of incidents of sacrilege, especially in Faridkot, Ferozepur, Ludhiana and Tarn Taran districts. — With PTI inputs

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab/-granthi-among-2-held-for-sacrilege-incidents-in-amritsar-ludhiana/147930.html

Hopefully they would have cctv evidence to back this up or she may actually be dera follower taking sikhi saroop to cover the tracks.

Why is it that so many sikhs just want to blame Dera for any attack against sikhism ? This is the same type of politics that RSS and Hindutva elements . They always blame muslims for anything against Hinduism without even proper evidence . So many sikhs are are also jumping  conclusion that all these attacks are caused by Dera

Why is it that so many sikhs just want to blame Dera for any attack against sikhism ? This is the same type of politics that RSS and Hindutva elements . They always blame muslims for anything against Hinduism without even proper evidence . So many sikhs are are also jumping  conclusion that all these attacks are caused by Dera

Ermm because in the letter challenging us to find the bir or stop the beadhi they introduced themselves as dera followers..its not a rocket science is it especially coming from culprit.

Just may be it might be third party, but its up to investigative authorities to decide. 

Ermm because in the letter challenging us to find the bir or stop the beadhi they introduced themselves as dera followers..its not a rocket science is it especially coming from culprit.

Just may be it might be third party, but its up to investigative authorities to decide. 

N30 Singh ji

A letter is no solid proof , do we have any video recording of Dera chief or any big leader spreading hatred against Sikhism asking its followers to attack sikhs and do beadbi of Guru granth Sahib?

People in India are expert giving their local issues to communal turn. Last week I met a man from Dadri where that muslim who supposed to consumed beef was killed. He told  me that real reason was that the man's son and powerful Thakur's daughter were involved and they had warned him several times but he did not listen so they went to mandir put gun on poojari and told him to do annocement that  the muslim was killing cows and consuming beef.after that everything is in front of us

We strongly condemn the desecration of Guru Granth Sahib. Those who have done it are sinners of the highest order.”

-Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, Dera Sacha Sauda chief

http://www.hindustantimes.com/punjab/desecration-of-bir-kotkapura-remains-tense-over-200-protesters-rounded-up-released/story-BfTK7xvU75plzzQ2FvPyOL.html

Dera chief has condemned the incident and He is their highest authority. unless  sikhs found concrete evidence against Dera followers they should not be blamed O/W this is same behaviour which all religions display 

I am praying this does not escalate...some are suggesting this could end up escalating to 1984 all over again.  To everyone who has family in Punjab I will pray for you.  Even my inlaws and husband are in India though they are in Kashmir not Punjab.  

Kashmir is also burning but with a different issue, A muslim truck driver was killed in Jammu because he was transporting cows. Now today was Srinagar bandh , there is chance that communal tension will increase in Jammu and Kashmir and muslims will retaliate on minorities. 

Srinagar is my second home... my husband is there and my Mother in Law, my brothers in law, nieces etc.  I am so worried. I knew about the cow thing.  But Muslims in Srinagar that I have met are very kind.  This is all kinds of messed up in India right now...

Instead of feeling fear I just want to go back there to make sure everyone are ok... 

Srinagar is my second home... my husband is there and my Mother in Law, my brothers in law, nieces etc.  I am so worried. I knew about the cow thing.  But Muslims in Srinagar that I have met are very kind.  This is all kinds of messed up in India right now...

Instead of feeling fear I just want to go back there to make sure everyone are ok... 

even pre partition or 1984 era people were very kind to each other , I sincerly hope they don't do anything to sikhs