Singh Sabha Canada

CdnSikhGirl

Wow can u ever say anything nice about anyone? You are just so filled with hatred... With I its never look for good and bad in people it's either they 100% agree with you or they are nindaks and slime and subjected to an onslaught of verbal warfare the likes no one has seen! 

Btw u can stay on my block list. So anything u write after now I won't see... I have been opening your posts because I thought we could be humans. Well congrats... You win. I humbly wave the white flag there feel better?? With me out of the way you'll just try to find someone else to attack... 

The Singh sabha go against the basic principles of sikhi. They follow kala afghana who said Amrit is a ritual and we shouldn't take Amrit etc. They write really bad stuff about banis like jaap sahib. They don't believe in reincarnation which is pivotal in sikhi and they don't believe in many other things. They think of Sri Guru Granth Sahib as a book and not a guru.

On 31/01/2016 at 5:21 PM, chatanga1 said:

The Singh Sabha Canada is doing a tour of Panjab at the moment. They have put up some photos on Facebook and it's a shame that people who have little knowledge of this area are being totally taken in by them

Really??? That's messed up. We need to literally beat these goons up...

Some of their videos when they compare satgur's beloved gurbani to things I dare not repeat. I curse their existence! 

Also we had a staunch follower of Singh sabha Canada on here....remember khalsa fauj? With his twisted interpretations. 

Crystal

P's, hope everyone had a blessed holiday period. 

Does that not hurt? Like don't people feel bad for the Goat? while eating, can't you remember the dead Goat? Why Gurbani is not enough to make people sher? Did our Guru sahibs bani was not enough for people to have strong mentality rather than consuming meat to become sher or whatnot? 

Genuine questions people, I know meat eater gets very Offensive. 

4 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Does that not hurt? Like don't people feel bad for the Goat? while eating, can't you remember the dead Goat? Why Gurbani is not enough to make people sher? Did our Guru sahibs bani was not enough for people to have strong mentality rather than consuming meat to become sher or whatnot? 

Genuine questions people, I know meat eater gets very Offensive. 

Good qs. Keep,asking.

Did our Guru sahibs bani was not enough for people to have strong mentality rather than consuming meat to become sher or whatnot? 

It's not as simple as that. Dasmesh pita encouraged hunting for example. So they didn't just use bani to mentally and physically strengthen people.  

Thing is, today, sitting in relative security and comfort, we can nit pick on all manner of things; but in our past, when our people faced attacks and extinction, I think a lot of things people argue about today weren't even thought about.  

I have to say, that old man in the jhatka video did a clean cut. 

Our generation has the most comfort of any....hot showers...nice beds...security of house family and steady income...no fear of forced conversions....no Mughal like tyranny...except new age probes like hate crime discrimination Indian govt....nice cars...comfy blankets...good food to eat...to name a few

i can't imagine what it would feel like to be in hand to hand combat...getting slashed by opponent..defending ur self and taking other guys head off in single blow...making it quick so someone else doesn't kill you....

1 hour ago, Ragmaala said:

Our generation has the most comfort of any....hot showers...nice beds...security of house family and steady income...no fear of forced conversions....no Mughal like tyranny...except new age probes like hate crime discrimination Indian govt....nice cars...comfy blankets...good food to eat...to name a few

i can't imagine what it would feel like to be in hand to hand combat...getting slashed by opponent..defending ur self and taking other guys head off in single blow...making it quick so someone else doesn't kill you....

It's different for people who are growing up in tough neighborhoods as a minority. For them some of these issues are real.  

Yep, people need to stop being judgmental about some of our ancestors eating meat and taking natural plant based, psychotropic substances that are now taken in the west for totally different reasons (i.e. for recreation purposes).

15 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Why Gurbani is not enough to make people sher? Did our Guru sahibs bani was not enough for people to have strong mentality rather than consuming meat to become sher or whatnot? 

Sister, Gurbani is more than enough to make people brave and courageous, but not all people are at a level to extract full benefit from it. Maharaaj used human psychology too, to infuse war like instincts into us.

One needs a strong stomach to be in a battle. It is not very easy for a normal human to see body parts flying all over the place, blood and other bodily fluids being splattered, intestines ripped open, severed arms, legs, heads, etc, lying on the ground, people crying and screaming in extreme pain, etc.

Jhatka Maryada, Shikar (hunting) of wild animals and Sri Dasam Gurbani prepares a person mentally and physically to be in a battle field.

Bhul chuk maaf

11 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Sister, Gurbani is more than enough to make people brave and courageous, but not all people are at a level to extract full benefit from it. Maharaaj used human psychology too, to infuse war like instincts into us.

One needs a strong stomach to be in a battle. It is not very easy for a normal human to see body parts flying all over the place, blood and other bodily fluids being splattered, intestines ripped open, severed arms, legs, heads, etc, lying on the ground, people crying and screaming in extreme pain, etc.

Jhatka Maryada, Shikar (hunting) of wild animals and Sri Dasam Gurbani prepares a person mentally and physically to be in a battle field.

Bhul chuk maaf

Hunting does not prepare anyone for that. There is a very high suicide rate among first responders know why?  Hunting does not prepare you for seeing a fellow human suffering. Even if they are your enemy, it changes when you see them dying and crying because they will miss their family etc.  and then you realize they were human just like you. Regardless of how they were brought up.  Its only in those last moments of life in battle that soldiers realize that they and their opponents are no different. The divine light resides in ALL.  It's ALL God's play.  In case of first responders, like paramedics, police etc. many end up killing themselves as result of PTSD not because of the gore itself but because they know that is / was a person who had a family who loves them, who had dreams and wishes and goals in life that wont be fulfilled now.  

I worked on recovery of an airplane crash in the Navy.  Swiss Air Flight 111. Largest piece of the plane recovered from the water was about size of a car door so you can imagine the state of the passengers.... It changed me... and no hunting would have ever prepared me for it.  

Let's not forget, the situation also meant that any attractive sister, wife, daughter, cousin was in real danger of getting raped and/or sold too. I remember reading one sullahs contemporary account of an attack on a fort in Banda Singh's time (he was part of the Moghul force), and after they finally stormed it, he explicitly mentions seeing people taking whole families captives away to be sold. This kind of stuff was a a part of the economy back then. Our people have obviously repressed these distressing things from our history.  

Our ancestors weren't dealing with some joke situation.

9 minutes ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

Hunting does not prepare anyone for that. There is a very high suicide rate among first responders know why?  Hunting does not prepare you for seeing a fellow human suffering. Even if they are your enemy, it changes when you see them dying and crying because they will miss their family etc.  and then you realize they were human just like you. Regardless of how they were brought up.  Its only in those last moments of life in battle that soldiers realize that they and their opponents are no different. The divine light resides in ALL.  It's ALL God's play.  In case of first responders, like paramedics, police etc. many end up killing themselves as result of PTSD not because of the gore itself but because they know that is / was a person who had a family who loves them, who had dreams and wishes and goals in life that wont be fulfilled now.  

I worked on recovery of an airplane crash in the Navy.  Swiss Air Flight 111. Largest piece of the plane recovered from the water was about size of a car door so you can imagine the state of the passengers.... It changed me... and no hunting would have ever prepared me for it.  

It's not one dimensional, with hunting - all the chasing (cardio),  aiming weapons accurately and coordination between the hunting party (not to mention the experience of putting oneself in danger if the animal was dangerous ) are skills that would be honed by hunting. I'm not saying we should all go out hunting now, just that there are obvious reasons why these things were practiced and advantageous to our forefathers and encouraged by dasmesh pita. 

You talk about PTSD, I'm beginning to suspect that for some people, the use of natural pharmacopoeia that we sometimes come across in historical Sikh literature may relate to such things? 

Just now, dalsingh101 said:

It's not one dimensional, with hunting - all the chasing (cardio),  aiming weapons accurately and coordination between the hunting party (not to mention teh experience of putting oneself in danger if the animal was dangerous ) are skills that would be honed by hunting. I'm not saying we should all go out hunting now, just that there are obvious reasons why these things were practiced and advantageous to our forefathers and encouraged by dasmesh pita. 

You talk about PTSD, I'm beginning to suspect that for some people, the use of natural pharmacopoeia that we sometimes come across in historical Sikh literature may relate to such things? 

I don't know... I wasn't speaking about the physical stamina etc. Just specifically on what Paapiman was saying that seeing the kill in a hunt will prepare you for seeing dying / dead people. It won't.  But i can't imagine PTSD just being a new thing... seeing suffering affects people, I don't think time period matters. There are natural antidepressants etc. so possibly... St Johns Wort has been used a long time for anxiety.  Do you know what type of natural substances were mentioned?

3 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Let's not forget, the situation also meant that any attractive sister, wife, daughter, cousin was in real danger of getting raped and/or sold too. 

That was the harsh reality of those times. Sikh women committed suicides too to prevent being raped or forcefully married to non-Sikhs. In the past, Sikh men have killed their own womenfolk, so that they don't become victims of sexual assault.

We should respect those Sikh women, who sacrificed themselves (either suicide or killed by their menfolk) to protect their honor. They preferred death over dishonor.

Bhul chuk maaf

11 minutes ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

Hunting does not prepare anyone for that. /....  

I think it depends on the type of hunting. If you are hiding in a bush or jhatking a poor goat, I dont think that does much. But if you are hunting a man-eater tiger or lion like Sri Guru Hargobind Ji, Hari Singh Nalwa did & a singh of Guru Gobind Singh did, with only a sword in your hand & no gun, when a 1000 lb being is running towards you, thats different.  Most people will piss in their pants listening to roar of lion.

This is why, Singhs & Singhnis read Dasam Banis like Chandi Di Var, Chandi Charitar , Uggardanti, Bhagauti Ustotar,  Chaupai & Brahm Kavach to invoke  fearlessness, birrass and protection.

I think soldiers should recite Dasam Bani, it will be a great cure for PTSD. It makes them realize that even wars are a play of Creator.

Khanda prithmae saaj ke...   Before creating anything else, creator creates Khanda, that is death.

17 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Let's not forget, the situation also meant that any attractive sister, wife, daughter, cousin was in real danger of getting raped and/or sold too.

Our ancestors weren't dealing with some joke situation.

This is why , there were swordsmen along with a barat. And the groom also used to carry a sword to protect the bride.

And this sword has only become ceremonial sword these days, left nothing but a wedding dance prop lol. And the grooms can barely sit still on a mare these days, many kicked down by the mare.

1 minute ago, Ragmaala said:

This is why , there were swordsmen along with a barat. And the groom also used to carry a sword to protect the bride.

And this sword has only become ceremonial sword these days, left nothing but a wedding dance prop lol. And the grooms can barely sit still on a mare these days, many kicked down by the mare.

Haha you just reminded me when I first met my husband.... we had gone for pony ride in Kashmir, and I have ridden horses before, not so sure about him. Anyway he fell off his pony :P  No we didn't have a horse at our wedding. haha