Waheguru

Ragmaala

12 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

This is probably the darkest phase of my life.  Its mostly related to career. My field has become so  competitive that all future hopes seem zero.  I cant even describe the feelings , and no one would probably understand.

Hopefully, I can bounce back from it.

I do pity myself, I understand its not good.

What has shaken me the most is the concept of Prayer, the concept of lekha & pralabdha...the deepest & the only desire to achieve something & not getting it.

This has been going on for past 2 years, but particularly this week of the year is quite reminiscent for me for certain reasons. All the memories come back and years roll by in front of my screen.

I do have some regrets about certain course of events that might have taken a certain direction had I not done certain actions. There a lots of ifs.

All this is not good and its useless. Every time I try to bounce back , the feelings do put me down. Little things can trigger.

I know there are people who have it worse than me.

Just throwing out random some thoughts, maybe I will come back here in few months or look back in years, hoping for things or times to improve...

I know we all have certain demons in our lives. Cant say mine is worse than yours.

I feel I talk about big concepts in spirituality and I can't even handle basic shit in life. lol. Shame on me.

Bro, please try the Jaap below.

guna-1.thumb.jpg.137bd28e7799d337458a0a2

guna-2.thumb.jpg.68c0cc1c10cd99926f78e63

Ref: Satguru Shabad Sidhi Bhandar

Bhul chuk maaf

12 minutes ago, Gunahgar said:

There are certain milestones in life that should happen at certain points in lifetime. If its delayed, it sucks big time. Spending 10 years of college & hundred grands for education and when its time to reap, there is no harvest , & no fruit.  At the same time watching your colleagues who were less smarter than you achieving their dreams because of pure luck or other factors, and you getting left behind is the worst feeling ever. At this point, the faith in prayers & higher power is gone.

But this is how Life is. Seems like you wont get more than what your pralabdha is. I guess I just have to deal with it, and do whatever can be done in meantime.

Everyones life journey is unique, with unique challenges.

life-quotes-5-pictures.jpg

Man you depressed.joke sunawa?

Guest guest
22 hours ago, Gunahgar said:

I do have some regrets about certain course of events that might have taken a certain direction had I not done certain actions. There a lots of ifs.

this is not a productive attitude.  it is a very futile attitude.  and if i was you, i would drop it.  the past is over and outside your control.  you acted then according to your knowledge and ability, so forgive yourself for that and move on.  the important thing is to think about what you can LEARN from it and then forget about it. 

so i would say the cause of your misery is not your circumstances but the attitude/approach you have adopted, which you can (happily) change.  "attitude is everything" "life is what you make it" these sayings are all true. 

on a more practical level, if your career prospects are poor, why dont you find a way to improve them?  more study etc.  if you really want something in life, you usually have to work for it.  also, maybe remind yourself that there are more important things in life than career, and not to confuse the two. 

@Gunahgar

Bro, you are still young (close to 30). It is too early to start thinking negative. Maharaaj can change your Paralabd too. Sometimes, we desire certain things in life, which are actually not beneficial for us. Maharaaj is our parent (you are a Singh) and he will always do the best for us.

Are you 100% sure that if you had achieved your career goals, you would be more happy than you are, right now?

Focus on two points:

• Apply Gurmat principles in your life. Do self-analysis and see if your life style is actually in accordance with Gurmat or not.
  • Keep doing Naam Simran (Kirtan, Katha, Jaap, etc)

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, Gunahgar said:

They are the best parents I could ask for, zero complaints. Thats what makes me even sadder, because I couldnt make them happier. They are also sad because of my situation lol. But they are v supportive & quite content.

Bro, that's half the battle won when you got immediate family on your side.. For me i clashed with my old man a lot but got my support from mum and nani...I think with dad it was an ego thing, like wanted me to be a top lawyer and parade me around like a trophy but having said that its also because hes come through hard times and prob just wanted best for me... see bro, already  a plus by comparing to my situation, im sure if i shared more of my past you'll be soo greatfull of your current situation..lol. i also know people is more messed up situation/past then me..so accept it and just move on/forward..

I'm sure something will come up.....perseverance man..if you really are keen to just get in the area you studied you may want to consider relocating where ever you can get something, you can always go back home once you got experience..

1 hour ago, Gunahgar said:

This is the main reason I started lifting, and now getting more serious about it, past 5-6 months were just trial & error, now getting a better idea to focus on increasing weights, setting PRs & feeling like a :

21 hours ago, samurai said:

babbar sher

lol....wicked man..good on you..

For those who you are wondering, I am fine.  It was never clinical depression in the first place, just a state of mind which likes to makes excuses.  Thank God,  ship has not sunk that deep.

For those who are wondering, how to diagnose Depression, here is how you do it.  Here is a little education:

Use the mnemonic  MSIGECAPS  ( mood depressed, sleep, interest loss, guilt, energy deficit, decreased concentration, appetite increased or decreased, psychomotor agitation or retardation, suicidal ideation) In order to diagnose, you need more than 5 of the above for a period of atleast two weeks.

So clinically I was never depressed. Sorry , if I have given the wrong ideas here. I guess I will work more on what I am writing & what I am trying to convey!.

On 18 March 2016 at 2:05 AM, Gunahgar said:

I feel I talk about big concepts in spirituality and I can't even handle basic shit in life. lol. Shame on me.

I don't think you do, so don't feel so bad about it.  

On 3/18/2016 at 7:20 PM, paapiman said:

Bro, please try the Jaap below.

guna-1.thumb.jpg.137bd28e7799d337458a0a2

guna-2.thumb.jpg.68c0cc1c10cd99926f78e63

Ref: Satguru Shabad Sidhi Bhandar

Bhul chuk maaf

Hey @paapiman,

Stop this Manmat! You seems to be promoting this manmat all over the forum. 

Is there any Jaap to stop you permanently from propagating these anti-gurmat activities? 

Guruji Spent years pulling us out of these mantar karamkand, but you seems to be running a parallel Sikhism of your own.

Paapiman is not wrong. These things do work, but the conditions for them to work are very very strict. I think its better if you learn these things from a Gursikh or Mahapurush who themselves have experience with it. But since its the time of ghor Kalyug one should just stick to basics & will do well. Just live life according to simple teachings of Guru, one should be fine, and keep good sangat.

The best thing for you is to book two weeks in a retreat to gather your thoughts. Retreats can be a wonderful experience, they help us to reconnect with our inner reality.  You do feel rejuvenated after a few days there. Also, don't forget to recite your daily prayers.  Praying before meditation helps us to reach that inner Silence which is within all of us  without effort and that's where we find answers to our problems.

deslibeli bro, welcome to the forum. You have four different user ids on this forum. Please let us know which ones to disable and delete from the forum, just to let you know multiple user ids are not allowed on this forum and if you post as guest, initial it at the bottom.

1. MakhannaS

harkirat23

shangrilla100

•  

• 2 weeks later...

@Gunahgar

Some more things you can try bro:

• Maintain a schedule 
  • Cold showers
  • Sangat of Gurmukhs - you might feel better after talking with them
  • Go to Gurudwara at Amritvela and listen to Kirtan
  • Take a vacation - you might feel better after that
  • Watch comedy movies/shows (the ones which conform with Gurmat)
  • Read jokes (the ones which conform with Gurmat)

Please have a look at this too.

Bhul chuk maaf