valli singh

yeh at hola mohalla the BD take in new members there and give membership. you can keep a 12-bore without having to make license.

That's true. A Nihang gets to carry a gun without having a state or all India licence. Just being a member of Buddha dal is licence enough.

A Nihang with a gun is such an inspiring sight. They look like real Khalsas.

That's true. A Nihang gets to carry a gun without having a state or all India licence. Just being a member of Buddha dal is licence enough.

A Nihang with a gun is such an inspiring sight. They look like real Khalsas.

. . . lets not get carried away and get delusional.

Nihangs can ONLY do this because the State lets them. Nihangs dont bother the State much and also they are happy carrying guns which would be pretty useless if they were at war with any state army.

If Nihangs were a real threat to anyone they would have been whiped out ages ago. Proof of it is the license which goes back to an agreement between Budha Dal and the British authoriries. So much for Khalsa Raj and the conquest described in Karni Namah.

Raj Karega Khalsa...if God wills it (which is doubtful) and if the British and GOI let it happen...

The idea of "God's Army" having to be registered with a British and GOI license says it all...

In India, getting a legal gun license is a very hard thing to do. Many times you need connections to hook you up. But if Nihangs can get it so easily simply for being Nihangs, that is something.

Although I wish Nihangs would sort of update their knowledge about modern military skills. I think that a small Nihang Jatha should be as trained as a SWAT team.

Just curious, but alot of Nihangs in India learn from Damdami Taksal in Mehta. Do Nihangs have their own Taksal by any chance?

no offense, but I find all this "become a member..etc.." somewhat comical.

But hey, all power to them and their licenses.

Its the same everywhere, esp here in UK. ie Membership of gurudwaras etc. I remember a few years back I was refused by the attendents to park my car at the Ramgarhia Temple in the Jewellry Qtr of Birmingham unless I was a member of the Gurudwara. They rent out spaces during the week to local businesses and make a killing in profits. (why cant I start such a business??). Maybe it was just my wrong caste??!!

Apparently being a Sikh with a gatra, kesh etc is not enough these days.

Oh well ....of to start my new temple business....anyone want to invest?? LOL

Stop the nonsense guys. The purpose of the Nihang Singh licesne is so Singhs registered with Nihang Dals can carry various weapons such as axes, spears, swords etc - NOT INCLUDING FIREARMS. There is absolutely no mention of this in the Budha Dal license - not sure about any other dals. For that a seperate license has to be made. Whoever told you otherwise is having you on. The license also permits free travel on Indias rail roads.

ringdingding perhaps you could be kind enough to give everyone information about the licenses. . Dont forget to mention the months that Baba Sahib Singh Kaladhari spent in jail for defying court orders regarding the carrying of weapons, and of course the contemporary accounts given by Giani Kirpal Singh which Im sure you have read. Sant Ginai Gurbachan Singh Bhinderanwale got permission from Baba Chet Singh to give out licenses - wh

Nihangs dont have their own institionalised taksal yet, they have santhiya lineage like other sampradava, a taksal is currently being constructed at Raqba by Baba Joginder Singh.

• 3 weeks later...

ringdingding perhaps you could be kind enough to give everyone information about the licenses. . Dont forget to mention the months that Baba Sahib Singh Kaladhari spent in jail for defying court orders regarding the carrying of weapons, and of course the contemporary accounts given by Giani Kirpal Singh which Im sure you have read. Sant Ginai Gurbachan Singh Bhinderanwale got permission from Baba Chet Singh to give out licenses - wh

Sorry I'm not an expert on these licences that nihangs feel the need to get in order to carry axes and spears etc.

. . . and I haven't got a clue about the other stuff you've written about (seriously)

I was simply trying to get across the point that (in my opinion) the western sikh youth (esp) seem not to be in touch with reality when it comes to how powerful (or not) Nihangs actually are. Sadly, Bahadur's post seems closer to reality as it is right now :

If Nihangs were a real threat to anyone they would have been whiped out ages ago. Proof of it is the license which goes back to an agreement between Budha Dal and the British authoriries. So much for Khalsa Raj and the conquest described in Karni Namah.

Raj Karega Khalsa...if God wills it (which is doubtful) and if the British and GOI let it happen...

The idea of "God's Army" having to be registered with a British and GOI license says it all...

Getting a free ride on trains and buses and having a license to carry spears should not be such a major source of pride IMHO - were talking about our Khalsa army here!

Would Guru Gobind Singh be proud of Buddha Dal's capabilities today compared to other armies?

. . . or am I missing the point ?

• 6 years later...
Guest ishmeet singh

Its the same everywhere, esp here in UK. ie Membership of gurudwaras etc. I remember a few years back I was refused by the attendents to park my car at the Ramgarhia Temple in the Jewellry Qtr of Birmingham unless I was a member of the Gurudwara. They rent out spaces during the week to local businesses and make a killing in profits. (why cant I start such a business??). Maybe it was just my wrong caste??!!

Apparently being a Sikh with a gatra, kesh etc is not enough these days.

Oh well ....of to start my new temple business....anyone want to invest?? LOL

opening a temple is not a business its a place of workship. i have free ambulance and harsh van service which is offered free of cost to every one ,, so come and spend three years here so that you can generate devotion in you.