Bhagat Ji's New Website

http://gursevak.com/

When Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee started Damdami Taksaal, one of the main purposes for the jatha was the spreading and teaching of Gurbani Arth(ਅਰਥ). Keeping with the establishment, Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee, the 12th leader, headed the jatha for 39 years(February 1930-October 1969) and he served the panth with devotion. Throughout this time as Jathedar (ਜਥੇਦਾਰ), Babaji completed 27 kathas of Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee. Prior to starting their 27th katha, technology presented itself so the katha could be recorded. Bhagat Jaswant Singh (Charan Singh Bhagat Jee) got blessed by Guru Sahib to record katha of Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Jee, Bhai Gurdaas Jee Vaaran and Kabit and Sooraj Parkash by Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee over a time period of 7 years. After the recordings were complete, as per the wish of Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee, the cassettes were all given to Sant Kartar Singh Jee Khalsa.

Upon the completion of the katha In 1968 the jatha was at Patna Sahib(ਪਟਨਾ ਸਾਹਿਬ) as apart of the parchaar (ਪਰਚਾਰ )mission. The entire jatha, went to Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee with a request (ਬੇਨਤੀ) to compose Guru Granth Sahib Jee’s full translation(ਸਟੀਕ). It was decided at Patna Sahib that this project will be undertaken by the Jatha. Five Singhs Sant Kartar Singh Jee, Sant Parmjit Singh (ਮਾਹਲਪੁਰ), Sri Mahant Vaidh Niranjan Singh Jee (ਬੋਪਾਰਾਏ), and Bhagat Jaswant Singh (ਭਗਤ ਜੀ )along with Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee did an Ardaas(ਅਰਦਾਸ) for the composing of the steek. Sant Ji said that from the four of you not everyone will see this through in physcial form. But whoever is still alive should shoulder this project.

With the mission in mind, Bhagat Jaswant Singh (Bhagat Jee) has dedicated his life into bringing the ardaas into fruitation. He has forsaken all worldy dealings and committed his time and energy into writing translations of Banee(ਅਰਥ), and teaching proper pronounciation(ਸੰਥਾ) of Gurbani. The first batch of these translations are being released to sangat for the first time, Upon much dedication these pothees(ਪੋਥੀਆਂ) have been published in hardcopy and softcopy. It is also BhagatJee’s desire that the sangat have recordings to accompany the recordings for proper pronounciation of characters (ਲਗਾਂ). These recordings are also available on the website.

Actually I am having same problem as ragmalla veer. I m unable to view the texts. It's coming up blank. I tried both mozilla and internet explorer. I am using mozilla 2.0 at work. Which mozilla firefox version you guys using?

• 4 weeks later...

I was just reading question/answers pothi where jaigaso is asking questions to various mahapursh and mahapursh is giving answers. It's amazing, just scanned through it, its close to 100 questions and rest are bachans of Guru Sahiban and Sant Mahapursh. It cover all aspects of Sikhi. I spent half an hour reading the first question and answer, words used seems ok not too complicated besides quotes from sooraj parkash. I am just going to read the whole pothi within few weeks. After that I think I just might able to translate it by maharaj's kirpa for the sangat who wants the english version of it. I will let everyone if this thick mind grasp the gyan first let alone translating it into English.

I was just reading question/answers pothi where jaigaso is asking questions to various mahapursh and mahapursh is giving answers. It's amazing, just scanned through it, its close to 100 questions and rest are bachans of Guru Sahiban and Sant Mahapursh. It cover all aspects of Sikhi. I spent half an hour reading the first question and answer, words used seems ok not too complicated besides quotes from sooraj parkash. I am just going to read the whole pothi within few weeks. After that I think I just might able to translate it by maharaj's kirpa for the sangat who wants the english version of it. I will let everyone if this thick mind grasp the gyan first let alone translating it into English.

If you could translate it that would be great. what kind of questions are asked? My punjabi reading skills aint that good but im doing to try read some of them to, hopefully the reading skills will improve with it.