Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

Guest Naam Japo

Do not share anything with anyone. The seeds of your devotion will be grounded upon the mill of Ahankar and in such a way will you be left with half your portions. Speak little and think little true wisdom is obtained from his grace know this and meditate upon his name in such a way where only he will see the work accomplished. 

1 hour ago, Guest Naam Japo said:

Do not share anything with anyone. The seeds of your devotion will be grounded upon the mill of Ahankar and in such a way will you be left with half your portions. Speak little and think little true wisdom is obtained from his grace know this and meditate upon his name in such a way where only he will see the work accomplished. 

Facts. Sometimes we have to witness to expand perceptions but yeah... it's pearls before swine and ahankari. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Today dass missed his nitnem banis paaths due to a distraction of bad sangat from the television and its negative influence of time waste & bad waves on my mind thoughts etc.

How i feel today is like a fish who has been taken out of water and suffering is a exactly how i am feeling now. So much boredom being felt. Every minute and hour gone by seem like a century gone by.

13 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Today dass missed his nitnem banis paaths due to a distraction of bad sangat from the television and its negative influence of time waste & bad waves on my mind thoughts etc.

How i feel today is like a fish who has been taken out of water and suffering is a exactly how i am feeling now. So much boredom being felt. Every minute and hour gone by seem like a century gone by.

Get exercise clean, lift, walk, climb, jump, run, play with sticks. You weren't bored as a child. 

Give some mylar blankets to the homeless. 2 dollars each Veer Ji. Tooth brush. Floss sticks. Toilet paper. Hand sani, 1 liter waters. Not much just a few. Have a pocket full of change and go for a walk. Give to the most broken. 

7 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Get exercise clean, lift, walk, climb, jump, run, play with sticks. You weren't bored as a child. 

Give some mylar blankets to the homeless. 2 dollars each Veer Ji. Tooth brush. Floss sticks. Toilet paper. Hand sani, 1 liter waters. Not much just a few. Have a pocket full of change and go for a walk. Give to the most broken. 

Veer ji you are 100% correct i will try to follow these tips and hopefully i will feel better. As dass always likes to give a pound coin to the homeless people that are on the streets. I do wish i could do more but i don't have enough money for it at the moment.

Reading my personal selection of banis as i usually try everyday to do the followings banis in this order. First ishan usually a hour or 90mins before sunset. Then dass reads Chandi Di Vaar,Chandi Charitar 1(full path), Bhagauti Astotar, Shastar naam mala(27 pauris), almost a third of Sukhmani Sahib then sampat finished. The rest of the day i try to finish the remaining Sukhmani Sahib Ji paath then i do Jap Ji Sahib and finally Satta Balwand Di Vaar.

Thats my daily timetable. I do sometimes do the rest of the Panj Banis nitnem as well. But it depends on my energy levels. I have also done extra banis as well on different days like Bramh Kavach, Ugardanti,Akal Ustat (usually 3 or 4 days), Bavan Akhree,Sidh Gosht,Dakoni Onkar,Chandi Charitar 2, Zafarnama(in a week using audio tracks).

These paaths mentioned dass likes to think if it as a mix vegetable sabzi where everything is a mixture that dass has created due to my personal liking. 

Dass used to do Panj Banis everyday with Brahm Kavach, Shastar Naam Mala and Chandi Di Vaar and sometimes rarely Sukhmani Sahib Ji. 

Doing these banis paaths previously i wanted to expand and explore other banis so i made changes to the daily nitnem which currently dass just loves a lot.

Since doing these current paaths dass feels a lot more happier and cheerful especially as i have got depression with other similar health problems. 

Reading these banis everyday makes me feel more happy compared to taking diazepam, zopiclone etc. I don't feel like looking my phone as much as i used to. I have lost interest in watching movies, listening to music. As i will always give preference to reading these banis then indulge in watching tv shows or movies. 

I recently bought a new PlayStation 5 and luckly its not effected my pyar prem for doing Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji Banis even though a bought a few games as well lol.

1 hour ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji you are 100% correct i will try to follow these tips and hopefully i will feel better. As dass always likes to give a pound coin to the homeless people that are on the streets. I do wish i could do more but i don't have enough money for it at the moment.

Reading my personal selection of banis as i usually try everyday to do the followings banis in this order. First ishan usually a hour or 90mins before sunset. Then dass reads Chandi Di Vaar,Chandi Charitar 1(full path), Bhagauti Astotar, Shastar naam mala(27 pauris), almost a third of Sukhmani Sahib then sampat finished. The rest of the day i try to finish the remaining Sukhmani Sahib Ji paath then i do Jap Ji Sahib and finally Satta Balwand Di Vaar.

Thats my daily timetable. I do sometimes do the rest of the Panj Banis nitnem as well. But it depends on my energy levels. I have also done extra banis as well on different days like Bramh Kavach, Ugardanti,Akal Ustat (usually 3 or 4 days), Bavan Akhree,Sidh Gosht,Dakoni Onkar,Chandi Charitar 2, Zafarnama(in a week using audio tracks).

These paaths mentioned dass likes to think if it as a mix vegetable sabzi where everything is a mixture that dass has created due to my personal liking. 

Dass used to do Panj Banis everyday with Brahm Kavach, Shastar Naam Mala and Chandi Di Vaar and sometimes rarely Sukhmani Sahib Ji. 

Doing these banis paaths previously i wanted to expand and explore other banis so i made changes to the daily nitnem which currently dass just loves a lot.

Since doing these current paaths dass feels a lot more happier and cheerful especially as i have got depression with other similar health problems. 

Reading these banis everyday makes me feel more happy compared to taking diazepam, zopiclone etc. I don't feel like looking my phone as much as i used to. I have lost interest in watching movies, listening to music. As i will always give preference to reading these banis then indulge in watching tv shows or movies. 

I recently bought a new PlayStation 5 and luckly its not effected my pyar prem for doing Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji Banis even though a bought a few games as well lol.

That's beyond excellent brother. Remember to round it out and do some active healthy physical things. 

Take your vitamins. 

Love you Jio. 

On 11/21/2023 at 10:27 PM, Soulfinder said:

As dass always likes to give a pound coin to the homeless people that are on the streets.

You would surely get the blessings as you are giving with good intention. 

I have observed  homeless drug addicts closely on daily basis due to my job role, they buy street drugs with the money and go to food bank for their food needs. Often, kind passer-by gave them food and clothes which they usually lost when high on drugs. Most of them are drug addicts but couldn’t help themselves getting out of drug habit. 

I am always respectful and kind to them, listen to them if they wanted to share anything or having a bad day but don’t like giving them money. 

I feel VERY SORRY for them but I personally think giving them money is not beneficial for their well-being.  

I may be wrong veerji, but wanted to share this with you. Bhul Chuk Maaf!

55 minutes ago, Kaur10 said:

I have observed  homeless drug addicts closely on daily basis due to my job role, they buy street drugs with the money and go to food bank for their food needs. Often, kind passer-by gave them food and clothes which they usually lost when high on drugs. Most of them are drug addicts but couldn’t help themselves getting out of drug habit. 

I am always respectful and kind to them, listen to them if they wanted to share anything or having a bad day but don’t like giving them money. 

I feel VERY SORRY for them but I personally think giving them money is not beneficial for their well-being.  

Wjkk wjkf bhen jj. I do agree with your points a lot. Its really a hard subject to me as its hard to work out what happens with the money given to them. 

I usually give them change whatever i usually have but the problem usually arises for me is when i see more than 1 then 2 or more homeless people on the street is then when i feel like that i don't have enough to give and help. 

The points regarding giving them food and clothes is quite a eye opener for me as what you have mentioned from personal experience as i didn't know that at all. And thanks for mentioning it as it will help me understand more about their usage of money. 

But its not a pleasant thing to see at all and wish to Waheguru that no one should end up in that type of situation ever at all as its a really upsetting scene.

Regarding food banks i am glad that exist and i know that our local Gurdwara and a few groups on Facebook are helping the homeless which seems like a good step to help them.

On 11/24/2023 at 3:43 PM, Kaur10 said:

You can die from alcohol withdrawl. I understand your sentiment. For me personally I don't mind my change goes to a drug, that they can't change anything about using yet, so they can live one more day and pray Akal changes them when they pray for change. 

But that's a personal thought. It's excellent you connect with them. 

6 hours ago, Guest About braham kavach said:

Waheguru ji

can someone explain if women can do chandi di vaar path and braham kavach jaap during their menstruation cycle.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ji

Its fine bhen ji to play audio track of bramh kavach is ok. Its really good bhen ji that you are trying your best to read this mahaan bani keep it up !!!

5 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Is there a reason we think they can't?

I listen to Premanand Maharaj Ji advising women not to do something during periods, don’t recall what exactly. He did say naam simran is fine. 

it is in Hindu religion, not in ours as Guru Nanak Dev Ji was against such kind of gender discrimination.

8 hours ago, Guest Simran said:

I wanted to know if anyone has done jaap of 

prabh kai simran ridh sidh nau nidh

prabh kai sinran gyaan dhyaan tat budh

and what does it do if we do Simran of this

May I know what exactly do you want to achieve by doing this simran?

As far as I know, most of the active users of this forum are after prabhu prapti not anything else. 

12 hours ago, Kaur10 said:

May I know what exactly do you want to achieve by doing this simran?

As far as I know, most of the active users of this forum are after prabhu prapti not anything else. 

As far as i heard from katha of giani thakur singh ji 

the first pankti is to obtain spiritual or materialistic wealth which are connected to nine treasures 

the second pankti is to get wisdom so we don’t forget doing Simran by obtaining wealth or prosperity.

but I don’t know that that’s why i asked because guys have so much knowledge.

10 hours ago, Kaur10 said:

I am a beginner, failing at every step, getting up again and trying to move forward. 
My understanding so far is that the ONLY  key to success is NAAM SIMRAN. IT IS THE EASIEST AND THE MOST REWARDING WAY. 

Please wait for input from the experienced Gurmukhs. 

I don’t have any work right and i am in a need of money. 
I am seeking only the help of Sri guru Granth sahib ji maharaj. But I don’t know which shabad to read apart from nitnem.

6 hours ago, Guest Simran said:

I don’t have any work right and i am in a need of money. 
I am seeking only the help of Sri guru Granth sahib ji maharaj. But I don’t know which shabad to read apart from nitnem.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ji veer ji. 

Dass would recommend Thir Ghar Baiso Har Jan Pyare Shabad as it helped me a lot in the past especially with getting work job. But currently i am not working due to health issues and I am hoping to return back to work soon. 

But yes do look at this thread as it has a lot of good information 

11 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ji veer ji. 

Dass would recommend Thir Ghar Baiso Har Jan Pyare Shabad as it helped me a lot in the past especially with getting work job. But currently i am not working due to health issues and I am hoping to return back to work soon. 

But yes do look at this thread as it has a lot of good information 

Thanks veerji

I will start doing jaap of this shabad. Can you tell me the timing which is most beneficial at amritvela and maryada veerji.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 4:16 PM, Lucky said:

I often get told that they just gonna use the money to buy some gear, but to me that's a self-justifying excuse in order to convince one's self; not to give.

Personally, I give whatever comes into my hands. I always carry about 10-15 bucks loose change. I have habit to go into my pocket and grab whatever and then give without counting. This is just my personal approach and I don't expect others to follow suit. It helps with my own consciousness, since I know I can easily start telling myself "oh no, I should only give 2 bucks here", or on the other hand I might feel that another deserves at least 5 minimum.. So, in order to prevent my mann being influenced by 5 dhoot, I don't let 'mind calculation and thought' get in the way  and sub-consciously give them what Gobind (universe) expects them to receive via my hands.

Now, with regards to second issue of what they do with cash I have another mode of thinking. As per gurbani, we are ALL here to bhog our karams. Past one's and new ones. Karmee avai kapra, nadree mokh duar. In this regard, I feel that I'm doing duty on my end of decent Karam and it's entirely upto the beggar of what they spend the money on and what karam they do. Whether it's to keep warm or get drugs. Saying this, I will usually make small talk and say something like "yeh, I'll give you some change as long as you using it for food or warm drink in this cold". From that point, I feel that I've done my bit of karams and it's upto to waheguru to make judgement of whether the beggar does karam of putting money to good use or bad use. I always try hard to try and not make judgements of others, meaning it's wahguru who decides what karam is good or bad and not me.

Just to add, ..if they are completely intoxicated and incoherent, I might refuse to give any at all and tell them that I would oblige if they were little sober. This happens on rare occasions when I'm certain that they have no idea of the moment and also have zero memory of it later on.

'10-15 bucks' is 'loose change'?!