Guru Gayatri Mantra Japa/Sadhana ( Gobinde Mukande Udarey Aparey Hariang Kariang Nirnaame Akaame)

On 2/15/2021 at 1:58 PM, Mbad said:

🙏🏼 Waheguru ji I was thinking of doing Gobinde jaap as well as Naam Simran as I have a lot of worldly issues such as not finding work . Is it best to do open amounts or fixed amount in 40 days ? I tried brahm kavach 32 a day for a 40 days but it is difficult to keep it in the mind. Gobinde mantra seems to have a flow which resonates with me.

I would love to hear any experiences and advise .thank you 

🙏🏼

wjkk wjkf

Another tip which Daas learned from Katha.

Please stick to one Gurbani Jaap/Mantar. Do not switch from one Jaap to another Jaap. Most likely, for an ordinary person, it will usually take Sava Lakh (125,000) repetitions (with love, devotion, concentration, etc) of a Jaap or even more, before you start feeling/realizing the power of that Jaap.

Bhul chuk maaf

• 2 weeks later...

🙏🏼Thank you waheguru ji

I didn’t end up starting as I joined an online sangat where I asked a gurmuk (GPMKC YOUTUBE ) about doing a specific jaap and he said it’s probably kaal giving you problems and worries so do as much Gurmantar as possible. He said kaal give 3 types of issues

1)sickness of yourself or family member(my daughter)

2) money problems (I lost my job and haven’t been able to find another for 3 years)

3) arguments in family or environment

then finally try to get you stuck in colours and ridhi sidhi 

I’m just trying to do gurmantar now with thoughts and trying not to worry.

🙏🏼

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/31/2023 at 8:57 AM, Kaur10 said:

Update since started Gayatri Mantra earlier this summer

*NAAM SIMRAN chanting has gone really good. 

*Found Sachi sadh sangat, mainly focusing on NAAM SIMRAN. 

*My flashbacks from bad period of life have improved massively. I have never felt lighter and better since 2004. I am having depression and PTSD for nearly 19 years. 

* Previously I wanted to have friends but now I want to connect with WAHEGURU

*My son got university placement in PWC London and now got place reserved for summer internship in the same company. He won many awards and nominations in the uni. 

I am reaping the rewards and carry on doing my nitnem prayers, GAYATRI MANTRA and NAAM SIMRAN.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!

Thanks for sharing 

On 3/9/2021 at 11:38 AM, paapiman said:

wjkk wjkf

There are specific Jaaps, which can be done to find a job. Please have a look below.

Looking for a Job - worth trying this too - General Discussion - SikhAwareness Forum

IMHO, fixed amount will be better. If you keep a goal in your mind, it will force you to do the Jaap on a daily basis. Try to sit in the same spot, facing the same direction, when doing the Jaap. Do the Jaap, during the same time period, daily for the entire 40 days.

Bhul chuk maaf

I did the simpleton way. I just said Vaheguru until Akal yook mercy. 

On 7/31/2023 at 5:57 AM, Kaur10 said:

Update since started Gayatri Mantra earlier this summer

*NAAM SIMRAN chanting has gone really good. 

*Found Sachi sadh sangat, mainly focusing on NAAM SIMRAN. 

*My flashbacks from bad period of life have improved massively. I have never felt lighter and better since 2004. I am having depression and PTSD for nearly 19 years. 

* Previously I wanted to have friends but now I want to connect with WAHEGURU

*My son got university placement in PWC London and now got place reserved for summer internship in the same company. He won many awards and nominations in the uni. 

I am reaping the rewards and carry on doing my nitnem prayers, GAYATRI MANTRA and NAAM SIMRAN.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!

Amen Bhenji

• 2 months later...

I just read the thread and got interested. I have been doing the gobinde Mukunde Jaap for sometime it is very beautiful. I do it for an hour every morning and I also do gurmantar jaap. However the gobinde mukunde really works for me it draws me in. 
It is only after doing naam Jaap one realises what a gift the gurus have given us. I am not Gursikh as in I have not taken Amrit but this is making me think of doing it and of growing my hair. I am thinking on it. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Help needed

I am going through a financial downfall at this time and I can’t even express this feeling to anyone I know. As i read everyone’s post I thought maybe someone would be able to help to answer my question. 
Actually at this time all my hopes are on Gurbani. And only he knows and i also don’t skip my nitnem. 
If someone can tell me the shabad which I can practice to overcome this situation that would be very helpful and how to take proper benefit of Amrit vela as I am totally stressed at this point. 

I don’t know how to express my thoughts, I just did my best!

4 hours ago, Guest Help needed said:

I am going through a financial downfall at this time and I can’t even express this feeling to anyone I know. As i read everyone’s post I thought maybe someone would be able to help to answer my question. 
Actually at this time all my hopes are on Gurbani. And only he knows and i also don’t skip my nitnem. 
If someone can tell me the shabad which I can practice to overcome this situation that would be very helpful and how to take proper benefit of Amrit vela as I am totally stressed at this point. 

Suffering is the medicine and pleasure the disease. 

Cut back wherever you can, work more, look for better work. Help others lower than you. 

Stay in Naam and remember freedom isn't being a wealthy ego but a servent of the Timeless 1.  

7 hours ago, Guest Help needed said:

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2023 at 4:43 AM, Guest Help needed said:

Sorry to hear about your situation bro. Please stay strong.

Try to seek help from a financial advisor or some other professional (who you think might be able to help you with your situation). 

You may try doing at least Sava Lakh (125,000) Jaap of the Gurbani verses mentioned below.

From Sri Mukat Marg Granth:

image.png.488aea58da3f0f38c532e40b3ebbe19b.png

Bhul chuk maaf

On 10/6/2023 at 4:13 AM, Guest Charu said:

I just read the thread and got interested. I have been doing the gobinde Mukunde Jaap for sometime it is very beautiful. I do it for an hour every morning and I also do gurmantar jaap. However the gobinde mukunde really works for me it draws me in. 
It is only after doing naam Jaap one realises what a gift the gurus have given us. I am not Gursikh as in I have not taken Amrit but this is making me think of doing it and of growing my hair. I am thinking on it. 

Please take Khande da Amrit asap. Please do not wait in this critical matter as it seems that you are already feeling a bit of Naam Ras.

Also, focus more on the Jaap with which you connect more and the one which gives you more Anand (Spiritual Joy) after recitation.

Bhul chuk maaf

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2016 at 7:02 AM, samurai said:

When i said 'what the point' i didn't mean to come across as its irrelevant but  sometimes when you talk about direct experiences its really a case of showing off ... you may or may not get mystical experiences form this jaap... like i said it helped in my worldy affairs..it felt like knots being untied, you ever been in a position when a thin thread had a knot init and you try so hard to untie it and get nowhere then someone comes a long and unties it with relative ease, thats how i feel when reflecting on this jaap..i still do this jaap now and again.

I actually felt guilty when doing these jaaps for material gain but when i looked at spiritual people here in uk, most if not all had financial security/stability,something i've never had, and i wondered would they be so spiritual and god orientated if that worldy security was swept away from under their feet..hhmm not sure bro but also contemplating on others, maharaj has loooked after them from the start for them to enjoy his fruits.. its probably best if you start the jaap and if you feel ok about it, share it on here (something i wouldn't do, but each to their own).. be warned you will get a lot of rukaavat especially if you do ardas to complete x amout of jaap in x amount of days for a specific gain/phall..

for jaap itself, when i first started i recited with mouth (loud) over time it became mental to the point i would be doing jaap in head and working and/or doing daily activities at same time...even now sometimes that manter automatically starts in my mind and i go with it and enjoy it.. With jaap, look at your situation and be practical.. its like food, its best eaten when sitting down and in a relaxed mode eating slowly, basically enjoying the food/taste, but if your in a rush you tend to eat fast and sometimes even stand and eat...point being in both scenarios you cater for hunger and are satisfied at the end..things i would suggest is if you got time, do x amount a day sitting down maybe with dhoop/jot and water which you sprinkle around room and drink rest of it.

Have you done this jaap or started it?? don't just do it for the sake of it as you may end up being disappointed, if you have a strong natural desire and 'signs' are saying do it, then put your foot down and get on with it.. 

veer ji 

I’m stuck in very complicated situation and I urgently need a job due to financial difficulties but no luck i have decided to do mool mantra jaap as much as i can. But I don’t know proper maryada can you please help me in that it seems like you have lot of knowledge. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 12:32 PM, Jashandeep Kaur said:

veer ji 

I’m stuck in very complicated situation and I urgently need a job due to financial difficulties but no luck i have decided to do mool mantra jaap as much as i can. But I don’t know proper maryada can you please help me in that it seems like you have lot of knowledge. 

What country?

Can you doordash or GrubHub while you look? 

Are you limiting yourself by only applying in one industry?

9 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

What country?

Can you doordash or GrubHub while you look? 

Are you limiting yourself by only applying in one industry?

That's a good point. Can you even work for Amazon (!) ? which country are you in ?