Out of Body Experiences

i think there were couple of posts on this forum regarding out of body expereinces...have you searched the forum? try to search the forum, use keywords like - out of body, near death expereinces.

I like the idea but some experiences especially spiritual ones, are so personal and so damn hard to even put into words, I have tried over and over again to respond to posts with experiences but words are just ridiculous in this kind of situation.

Maybe its my lack of understanding of the language but to truelly relate an experience all you can do is express it in its most natural of forms. Through the emotions it invoked.

Maybe this is why Gurbani is in Raag as the spiritual experience of that shabad can only be appreciated when accompanied by the specific emotion.

Who knows?? but yeh sure make a sticky..

p.s. Why did nobody reply to the hukamnama request. Damn scholars ..

NEO, could we have a sticky thread on spiritual experiances?

I think it would be great if we could share these experiances with everybody.

I was talking to a sant mahapursh one day and told him about a spirtual experience I may have had. He listerned and gave his opinion, but then told me to never disclose such experiences to anyone ever again. He said you should only reveal your experiences to someone if you are encountering problems in your bhagti. These experiences should not be disclosed in normal conversation.

Vijaydeep Singh Ji, his main residence is in Rajasthan. Possibly he has several 'deras' etc in other cities as well.

I have not met him in person. A few Tantriks say that Pandit Shrimaali was misled because he practised many 'Gupt Vidya' at a time. Whatever his case is, he is a perfect astrologer. I have no doubt that he has a good record as a 'Tantrik' as well. I do not favour a few of 'Sadhnas' he knows, even then I must say that he has good knowledge on this topic.

He is not an 'Aghori'. :D And it is a plus point. I have enjoyed company of 'Aghoris'. Vijaydeep Singh Ji, I think you know that it is not easy job to learn from an 'Aghori'. :D Bahut Daraate Hain Woh To. :D

Out of body experience is explained very wrongly by many people. It is 'Chetna' that takes us to out of body. Pandit Narayan Datt Sri Maali has described such an incident in detail in one of his books.

Vijaydeep Singh Ji, I will talk to you over phone on this issue. Please wait for my phone call.

Guest Javanmard

chetna is usually your conscience. In my own experience of out of body experiences it is rather the energetic body that the work. One can alos use lucid dreaming which implies the use of memory.

Has anyone on this form had any out of body experiences? If so how is this done? What was your experience like?

You know whatt, this might sound funny but I think i have (Duno for sure)?

Basically im lying down in my bed, and i would fall asleep. And a few times ages ago, when i was sleeping, I saw my body and i was seprated from it and i was trying to get back into the body? A few times myself wasnt able to back in the body? Then once I did? I woke up?? I duno if this was a dream?

Has anyone had this same experience?

Guest Javanmard

Yes several times but it's all about controlling the process now. If it happens during your sleep you might try lucid dreaming in order to controll your astral projection. Also...why go back to your body when there is so much out there to explore?

Yes several times but it's all about controlling the process now. If it happens during your sleep you might try lucid dreaming in order to controll your astral projection. Also...why go back to your body when there is so much out there to explore?

I'll try to keep it in mind, sounds exciting though lol.

• 3 months later...

I thought this was interesting:

The pineal gland secretes melanin during times of relaxation and visualization. As we react to Electromagnetic energy stimuli around us - so does the pineal gland.

When activated, the pineal gland becomes the line of communication with the higher planes. The crown chakra reaches down until its vortex touches the pineal gland. Prana, or pure energy, is received through this energy center in the head. With Practice the vibration level of the astral body is raised, allowing it to separate from the physical.

To activate the 'third eye' and perceive higher dimensions, the pineal gland and the pituitary body must vibrate in unison, which is achieved through meditation and/or relaxation. When a correct relationship is established between personality, operating through the pituitary body, and the soul, operating through the pineal gland, a magnetic field is created. The negative and positive forces interact and become strong enough to create the 'light in the head.' With this 'light in the head' activated, astral projectors can withdraw themselves from the body, carrying the light with them.

Astral travel, and other occult abilities, are closely associated with the development of the 'light in the head'. After physical relaxation, concentration upon the pineal gland is achieved by staring at a point in the middle of the forehead. Without straining the muscles of the eye, this will activate the pineal gland and the 'third eye'. Beginning with the withdrawal of the senses and the physical consciousness, the consciousness is centered in the region of the pineal gland. The perceptive faculty and the point of realization are centralized in the area between the middle of the forehead and the pineal gland. The trick is to visualize, very intently, the subtle body escaping through the trap door of the brain. A popping sound may occur at the time separation of the astral body in the area of the pineal gland.

Visualization exercises are the first step in directing the energies in our inner systems to activate the 'third eye'. The magnetic field is created around the pineal gland, by focusing the mind on the midway point between the pineal gland and the pituitary body. The creative imagination visualizes something, and the thought energy of the mind gives life and direction to this form.

'Third eye' development, imagination, and visualization are important ingredients in many methods to separate from the physical form. Intuition is also achieved through 'third eye' development. Knowledge and memory of the astral plane are not registered in full waking consciousness until the intuition becomes strong enough. Flashes of intuition come with increasing consistency as the 'third eye' is activated to a greater degree, through practice.

The pineal gland corresponds with divine thought after being touched by the vibrating light of Kundalini. Kundalini starts its ascent towards the head center after responding to the vibrations from the 'light in the head.' The light is located at the top of the sutratma, or 'soul thread', which passes down from the highest plane of our being into the physical vehicle.