Is God One?

If by "God" you mean THAT about which nothing can be said, due to the futility of saying it, then "HE" does not fit in any number.

I prefer to say "IT" does not fit into any number. According to human thought Paramishvar is 1 because there is no other. You could also say that IT is also 0...But these are human concepts born of puny puny human minds. A human who experiences the Truth of their Creator can never really describe That Reality 100%.

IT is 1 and also beyond 1, which maybe 0, and is beyond that too... :LOL:

The above is just my attempt at an explaination. In reality you have to find out for your self if "God" really is one or not. You have to make the effort. Study then practice then you should arrive at the TRUTH. What's going on? You may use a religion as your tool, or go it alone. Sat Shri Akal Ji.

" Anek hain fir ek hain "

HE is beyond counting , HE cannot be fathomed ,

HE is the ONE and only ONE in HIMSELF no one greater than HIM... Our poor brains cannot invent words to describe HIM

Nanak Kathna Karda Saar ...............

bas tuhi tuhi tuhi tuhi .....................ik tuhi nirankaarrrrrr.............

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

great anser Hari jee.......

I was very reluntant to post this message, but I finally decided to post it.

I've noticed that most of the time Balbir Singh Jee is posting such kind of threads like: "Is GOD One?", "Can the sound Waheguru replace Raam?", "Sikh Schools", "One Amrit From Five", "What is the death of Shabad Guru", "Who is the Guru of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji?", "Are Singhs diminishing", "Japu - a noun or verb".....and so on......

and whosoever answers these threads, Balbir Singh Jee finds out something to question other person's believe........Balbir Singh Ji always try to post topic which normal person would answer otherwise......the main concept of both persons are same.....it is just a matter of presenting........I truly regard the knowledge of Balbir Singh Jee.....he is a scholar........but do you think that: are you helping any normal person......the discussions.......Are we boosting of our knowledge? I guess no, you don't intend to do so, but it looks otherwise........that kind of discussions are meant for the scholars like you...........everyone knows that GOD IS ONE.......and discussing in countless concept is different, it may look good to you, but not to a person who is trying to learn...........actually you are confusing other person with the knowledge of Masters level, but the other person is still in 10th standard......infact the bottom line is: GOD IS ONE and ALL IS GOD......we should be able to see everything in this universe as GOD within that......

my point is: Sants/Bramhgyanis/MahaPurashs have lot more knowledge, I would rather say they have ALL the knowledge (100% knowledge)....but even then they do NOT confuse people with their vast knowledge, they just present the facts in a simple way so that a normal people without knowledge can learn from that...........and I think that as compared to 100% knowledge, our scholars may have 0.1% knowledge, and then why we are asking other to post the answer about something which is very simple, but we present that thing is complex matter....

One should use his knowledge to spread awareness of Sikhi, instead of posting some topics with very deep meanings with are limited to only very learned people like: Neo, TSingh, Vijaydeep Singh, Hari, Balbir Singh.................

if you want only scholars to discuss the topics, then ADMIN should start a seperate thread for the scholars.

we have lot many issues popping up in Sikhi (obviously created by people)....and we are creating other issues like....."GOD is ONE...how GOD is ONE".........so, please use your valued knowledge to teach something to public so that someone can learn from it.........OR if you still need to post those topics, please post your response for that post in the beginning...

Bhul Chuk Maf Karna Jee

Das

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

Dear all and Das Jee!

Thanks for your teachings. I hope we are participating here to exchange views without prejudicing others standard of learning.

Quote from Das Jee "everyone knows that GOD IS ONE."

I am not sure.

Quote "actually you are confusing other person with the knowledge of Masters level, but the other person is still in 10th standard . . ."

They realize God at the kid's level, not at the master's level.

Quote "Sants/Bramhgyanis/MahaPurashs have lot more knowledge."

Please do not judge others again.

Quote "One should use his knowledge to spread awareness of Sikhi, instead of posting some topics with very deep meanings with are limited to only very learned people . . ."

These forums are open and very interesting for all kinds of people, specially for some writers, preachers, pseudo Gurus, plagiarizers, imitators etc.

I feel these topics are original. Those will motivate one to know the Truth, not beliefs.

Quote "if you want only scholars to discuss the topics, then ADMIN should start a seperate thread for the scholars."

I am grateful that I got the chance to spend time with saints and enlightened persons since my childhood. I wonder today the source and medium that triggered the fire unknowingly. Just imagine one instructs God which knowledge HE should impart on which student and when.

Quote "please use your valued knowledge to teach something to public so that someone can learn from it."

God's Wisdom is an individual matter.

Balbir Singh

I agree with the prior post that the supreme cannot be limited to ONE. As one is a concept of our mind, no matter how lofty, a mind with concepts of things cannot reflect the pure indweller. If you have faith in God ask him he will surely reveal the knowledge of Why and how does HE fit in the number ONE? maybe he will reveal the knowledge through the internet or in a flash of lightning, his ways are mysterious

And when you ask him remember these words "If I'm wrong or have said anything which is against the teachings of our Gurus or I've hurt anyone, then I would like to request for Mafi/forgiveness" this is the attitude we should cherish towards our lord, the attitude of a servant towards the supreme lord makes you a king among men.

Dear all!

Quote from Das Jee "If I'm wrong or have said anything which is against the teachings of our Gurus or I've hurt anyone, then I would like to request for Mafi/forgiveness from the sangat......."

God and His Godly world do not begin with 'If'. You have not said anything wrong. God speaking through you is truth.

Ananda is recognizing this. One does not need to display his attitude anymore.

Love

Balbir Singh

this is the lila.. the play.. someone has to ask the questions and someone has to answers.. someone plays the good role others the bad.. all in all we are just following the script written by akaal .. adding our own little actors touch.. some are great actors and pleasing to the audiance.. (god) and others are crap actors like most bollywood stars. !

with regards to the number and God.. who knows.. who cares.. just dance in his charan and make him happy if he so desires.. after all what does a son know of his fathers birth :D

ਇਕਸੁ ਤੇ ਹੋਇਓ ਅਨੰਤਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਏਕਸੁ ਮਾਹਿ ਸਮਾਏ ਜੀਉ ॥੯॥੨॥੩੬॥

(ਮ:5 ਪੰਨਾ 131, ਸਤਰ 14)

ikas tay ho-i-o anantaa naanak aykas maahi samaa-ay jee-o. ||9||2||36||

From oneness, He has brought forth the countless multitudes. O Nanak, they shall merge into the One once again. ||9||2||36||

:) """dance in his charan"" :)

Dear all!

Quote from Dynamic_Banda Jee "with regards to the number and God.. who knows.. who cares."

Please remove 'who' and read your sentence again. With regards to the number and God knows, cares.

Quote "just dance in his charan and make him happy if he so desires."

One is dancing and He is happy.

Truth is. He wills, He dances and He is happy.

Quote "after all what does a son know of his fathers birth."

Perhaps the son is busy receiving the rebirth as father himself.

Guru's Vaak referred by Freed Jee is "ik su tay ho-i-o anantaa naanak ayk su maahi samaa-ay jee-o."

From that One becomes infinite Naanak, In that One merges Jeev.

What is that One? Ego knows or do you know? HE knows.

Does the Jeev have to know ONE before knowing HIM?

Balbir Singh

Gurfateh Parvaan Hove veer Balbir Singh Ji.................

Excellent topic that you have aroused here.........I would also like to add my two paise here..............

First, you ask is God one? Well ask yourself this.....What is God? As every religion, sect, etc....has a different perception of god..

If there is a God, is he/she/it just one or many or is it just that one's spiritual state is at a point that he/she sees God in everything...Rom Rom vich vasda nirankaar..........

I say that God is one. How so because above everything there's a higher power controlling everything. God is manifested in various beings-mortals, creatures but in the end we all merge back in Him. Just as there are many rivers, lakes, ponds, Oceans, waterfalls but they all have one commonality........It's all water and as such there can be many different things but at the end, it all merges back in him.

OANGKAR AAD, KATHNI ANAAD, KHAL KHAND KHAYAL GUR BAR AKAAL.............

Dear 'Das',

Yes you are right. I apologise for that. I've been suffering the verbal equivalent of delhi-belly for a few weeks now. The only thing I would say is that most other forums that 'try to keep it simple' oversimplify things terribly. Here, you can generally assume some learning on the part of the crowd. But point taken, and thanks for raising it.

Dear all!

Quote from Cybersingh Jee "Well ask yourself this.....What is God?"

I asked this. No answer.

Then I asked . . . Is God One? Since then more than one answer are coming.

Quote "I say that God is one."

Is God no more dwelling in other numbers?

Quote "God is manifested in various beings-mortals, creatures but in the end we all merge back in Him."

I always thought one should die to know it. I do not know how people manage to live after merging in Him.

Quote " . . . there can be many different things but at the end, it all merges back in him."

Should people wait for God or the end? Please suggest.

Thanks for your post.

Balbir Singh

Dear all!

Quote from Cybersingh Jee "Well ask yourself this.....What is God?"

I asked this. No answer.

Then I asked . . . Is God One? Since then more than one answer are coming.

Quote "I say that God is one."

Quote "God is manifested in various beings-mortals, creatures but in the end we all merge back in Him."

I always thought one should die to know it. I do not know how people manage to live after merging in Him.

Quote " . . . there can be many different things but at the end, it all merges back in him."

Thanks for your post.

Balbir Singh

Veer Ji......Fateh Parvaan Ji...........

Since you asked the question to other as to what is God and you received no answer, that is because you ask others and seek their findings, but the thing is everyone has a different perception, what I meant to say was that, have you ever asked your own self these questions? All that you seek is contained within you so instead of asking others, meditate, contemplate on this and you will find what you are looking for.

2) Quote "I say that God is one."

God begins at one and expands into other numbers but the main focus should be at the beginning as everything starts at a certain point and then expands.

3) Quote "God is manifested in various beings-mortals, creatures but in the end we all merge back in Him."

question? How does one die to know god? Can not a person merge into him and know? If we speak on a physical aspect, when a person dies, where does the soul go? It merges into akaal.....On a spiritual plane, if a person dies, isn't that the same as merging into him as one forgets his ownself and remembers the creator?

4) Quote " . . . there can be many different things but at the end, it all merges back in him."

What is the difference? isn't God the beginning, the middle and the end?

Dear all and Cybersingh Jee!

Thanks for the post and wonderful Satsang.

Quote "All that you seek is contained within you so instead of asking others, meditate, contemplate on this and you will find what you are looking for."

Scriptures explain all. Why are we discussing Truth on Forums?

My posts are not to put anybody in awkward situations. It is enough if through that curiosity is arising.

Quote "God begins at one and expands into other numbers but the main focus should be at the beginning as everything starts at a certain point and then expands."

Are you talking about Aum and Ganesha? It does not matter how one calls it. Wisdom does not need a title.

Please suggest all. How can one jump from any number to ONE in case so-called questions, meditation and contemplation do not work?

Quote "question? How does one die to know god? Can not a person merge into him and know? If we speak on a physical aspect, when a person dies, where does the soul go? It merges into akaal.....On a spiritual plane, if a person dies, isn't that the same as merging into him as one forgets his ownself and remembers the creator?"

Enlightened persons say there is no kind of knowing. Also, remembrance of the creator is gone.

Quote "What is the difference? isn't God the beginning, the middle and the end?"

May I ask? Does one reach HIM at the beginning, in the middle or at the end? Please explain further.

Balbir Singh

Waheguru Ji Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh,

"May I ask? Does one reach HIM at the beginning, in the middle or at the end? Please explain further. "

Everthing what we call it: Truth or GOD is described in first place in Guru Granth Sahib Ji:

ik-oNkaar sat naam kartaa purakh nirbha-o nirvair akaal moorat ajoonee saibhaN gur parsaad.

aad sach jugaad sach

hai bhee sach naanak hosee bhee sach.

sochai soch na hova-ee jay sochee lakh vaar.

By remaining silent, inner silence is not obtained, even by remaining lovingly absorbed deep within.

The hunger of the hungry is not appeased, even by piling up loads of worldly goods.

Hundreds of thousands of clever tricks, but not even one of them will go along with you in the end.

So how can you become truthful? And how can the veil of illusion be torn away?

O Nanak, it is written that you shall obey the Hukam of His Command, and walk in the Way of His Will. ||1||

........................moreover, once Guru Gobind Singh Ji asked the sangat to say whole Guru Granth Sahib in a short time; time taken Guru Gobind Singh Ji to sit on a horse..........everyone was surprised and thinking how could Guru Granth Sahib Ji be read in such a short time.......but one Singh DID it by saying "Ik Onkar...".....

Balbir Singh Ji may regard this post as borrowed knowledge, and in-fact you are true......everyone in this world except Sants/Bramhgyanis borrows the knowledge from someone (this someone could be jiv atma who in itself a GOD or could be through Sants or could be............) everyone here is borrower.........we owe everything to GOD...........we are just taking loan from HIM (from HIS creation) .............GOD gives us everthing even if someone is Nastik........... HE is GREAT and at-least I cannot find the "Bheat/Fully comprehend GOD/TRUTH/RABB"

Bhul chak de vaste maffi

das

• 3 months later...

Nothing complicated.

This was to condem hindu belive. Cause hindu belive in god but they have so many of them and every body was running into differnet directions. To correct them nanak started with ONE. If you want to more deep in his creation he has created every thing one. God has not created two similar things so far and never will. We have made Nanak's teaching very complicated. It is not.

Sorry for my way of writing I am not a good writer.