What will happen if you ... ?

If I am not wrong, then "Chandi Di Var" path can be done at night. But if started at night, then it SHOULD be continued ALL night.......2 Singhs can take their turn whole night, but path should be continued ALL night........but I don't know what are the consequences if something did the path for sometime only in night.

yes das you are right that if somebody starts the path at night it has to be continued all night. This maryada was told by Sant HarnamSingh ji Rampur Khede wale.

The reason I asked is because I intend to do this path at night but only once. I know I am being stupid lol but my brain just keeps thinking of doing dangerous things.

MKS, if chandi comes to drink my blood i will recite brahm kavach 32 times LOl :D just joking

no its not invoking a devi, its about reading a story of a battle, Guru Ji's poetry of war moves and the language Guru Sahib has used gives u bir rass, not the devis and devtas, all sooo much lower than guru ji. We get the power direct from guru ji, not devi devte who have minute power compared to Guru Mahraj, Vaheguroo himself.

The devi has no power to come and attack you as you are reading something written by guru gobind singh ji who would obviously place his protection over his sikh. Singhs of Mahraj are immune to everything as his hand is always there, he will personally issue punishment if we do anything rong, dad deals with his own kids he doesnt need anyone else hahaaha (infact the devi devte are his children also)!

Its only wrong to read it at night as it is beadbi of Mahraj's bani. Mahraj wrote the bani to give you bir ras, you are doing beadbi of the bani as you are going to sleep after obtaining the bir ras and not using it.

Just remembered an anecdote from Giani Thakur Singh ji's katha.

He mentions a Singh who was a nitnemi of this Chandi Di Var gurbani. Once at Hazoor sahib, this gursikh was sitting down and when he opened his eyes he saw a huge huge divine being seated beside him. Upon questioning that divine being , he answered that since you are a nitnemi of this bani its our duty and hukam from Akal purakh to offer our protection and services to you.

So that means this bani can also be used for protection given its done with pyaar, respect and marayada. And ofcourse as we all know Naam is always there for anything we seek.

just thought this anecdote was relevant.

Another thought that just came to my minds is that since this Baani induces Bir Rass it can also be used to tackle and wrestle with the 5 big strong muscular demons inside us :)

What do you guys think ?

What I heard was that Nitnemi Singhs always have Shaheed Singhs around them. When you do jaap of bir-raasi Bani like Chandi di Vaar, they get in bir-ras and if an outlet is not found, this situation can be dangerous.

I just finished Chandi di Var before doing rehraas sahib. My parents heard me and they are really worried that it is a very strict path and I should rather do Sukhmani Sahibs.

I have to admit after doing this path I felt on top of the world as if I was ready to take anyone who may come in my path. I wonder what will happen if I include this in my nitnem and keep a strict rehat. Whatever Guru wants he will get it done through me.

A friend asked Baba Jagjit Singh ji about this, baba ji told him to do more japji sahib or other bani instead. When I asked Gyani Thakur Singh ji about this, he said I would get more benefit from doing japji sahib or some other bani. He also told me to it in the morning if I was going to rather than during evening (before dark) as I didn't have enough shakti to handle doing it later in the day. Gyani Thakur Singh also recommended for people to do tons of mool mantr first, to build up shakti before beginning this bani (he said sava lakh).. I don't know much, just sharing my experiences.

As for doing it at night, Baba Harnam Singh ji's experience was with real SHAHEED SINGHS who told him about not to do it at night, the singhs SAID they had come to prevent something bad from happening.

We need to have the humility to obey such teachings, saints took the time to write about them for a reason. Even if we don't know what that reason is, it is still better imo to obey.

Even if we do paath at night numerous times, maybe nothing will happen. Maybe we get less kamai b/c we not doing it in rahit. Maybe something bad will happen, like it subtly affects our psychology in a negative way over time, too subtly for us to notice. I have heard this can happen with those who do Asa di Vaar at the wrong time.

I definitely feel a difference in the power of effect of any bani if I do it in early morning vs midday. So that shows that such things can happen.

Das's post is correct, speaking from having read Baba Seva Singhs biography of Baba Harnam Singh ji.

bhul chuk maaf.

Xylitol does have a good point. Baba Harnam Singh Jee's example does show us that this bani should idealy by done in the morning. But at the same time, I think to myself, in the olden times, puraatan Singhs would usually fight during night time when the Mughal/Afghan army would be least ready to put up a defence.

I have heard that Singhs would recite Chandi Dhi Vaar right before going to battle to bring bir ras. So if puraatan Singhs went to battle at night, then surely they must have also read this bani at night before going off to battle to get that extra bir rassi boost. Just my thoughts, I'm not sure, but I could be wrong in my logic.

The mind is more powerful than we know, it is our mind that creates everything we sense and experience in this world.

It is inward, that we find God (1st) and then experience him outside everywhere.

Same way - I believe, with Gursikh who have had darshan of Devtai, Shaheed, Guru Sahiban - these are outcomes of strong inward desire, passion and belief, if one does not have bharosa, he will experience nothing. Same way, many Sufi have darshan of their Pir, Imams or Prophet, and Christians of blessed Mary or Jesus Christ.

My Grandfather (who has now passed away) used to warn me against Chandi di Vaar - in his experience, many years ago, he said he knew Babai who did this bani and their shakti was immense - to the point that they could destroy of inanimate objects at will. My Grandfather tried this bani when he was young, but it was too intense for him, so he never did it again.

Now I have no reason to disbelieve my Grandfather, as he told me things to me when I was an adult rather than a child. But what I do believe is that it was his education/culture//belief that created his experience (and that of those Babai).

I have grown up in a different environment, with a different education and different experience, so my outlook on recital of this holy bani is very different to my Grandfathers.

No one is wrong, we all create our own experiences (ultimately Vaheguru's diverse will for each of us).

But I am (try to be) a traditionalist - so would personally adhere to puratan maryada.

Mithr's point is an important one - as practicality is always important - the said bani serves a purpose - be it as part of NITNEM (Nihang Daals and Namdhari), be it to obtain Bir Ras at a certain point in time for a specific purpose (as per Mithr), be it to invoke Devi (as anyone is rightfully free to believe and practice) - or be it simply to admire and experience the holy 10th Master supreme genuis.

Nice to see good discussion going on this topic !

Xylitol , I have to agree with you. We should respect the Puratan Maryadas and take lessons from the lives of Mahapurash. Whatever they say they say it for a reason. Sometimes we cannot notice the things that they can observe. So I guess maryada is there for a reason. So I will just give up this foolish or childish thought trying this Bani at night. These are serious matters and I shouldn't take these lightly. I guess I would need to build up more nitnem, simran and stricter rehit before I can be able to benefit from this Bani.

And as MIthr and Shaheediyan pointed out practicality is an important point.

When someone is in a serious danger or a battle this Bani with its immense power would be most useful.

I remember that my mom's massi fell ill and remained so for about three years. The reason behind that was her possession by a Muslim Pir when she accidentally urined on his grave. Then with the hukam of Sant Ishar Singh ji Kaleran wale, a singh used to recite Chandi di var near her bed where she used to lie down. On 40th day or so , she saw the PIr leaving her body in extreme frustration. From that day on she started feeling better. Such is the Power of this Great Bani.

Dhan Guru Gobind SIngh Ji maharaj!!

Karmjeet,

Your next challenge as a daredevil-paathi is now to go find that Bir of Adi Granth Sahib that was given sharap by Guru Gobind Singh (hopefully it is still at Bhai Ki daroli and not done saskar of!) and do its sadharan path. The twist is when u become blind, no one will hear from u on this forum coz u won't b able to see ur keyboard! lol

• 4 weeks later...

It is in Suraj Parkash and yes at least 1 person has become blind after defying Guru Gobind Singh's Hukam and doing its Path.

The Bir was compiled by a Sadhu using expensive material and ink. It was given for Guruji's signature at Anandpur Sahib via Diwan Nand Chand. But Diwanji stole the Bir instead and when Guruji found out, the sharaap was given that anyone who does its path shall become blind.

This Bir is also said to contain the Bani of the 9th Guru.

• 8 years later...
On 2008-05-21 at 0:39 PM, fatehsingh said:

It is in Suraj Parkash and yes at least 1 person has become blind after defying Guru Gobind Singh's Hukam and doing its Path.

The Bir was compiled by a Sadhu using expensive material and ink. It was given for Guruji's signature at Anandpur Sahib via Diwan Nand Chand. But Diwanji stole the Bir instead and when Guruji found out, the sharaap was given that anyone who does its path shall become blind.

This Bir is also said to contain the Bani of the 9th Guru.

This is a true story, just read it in Bachans of Baba Ishar Singh Ji Kaleran ( Amleek Bachans pdf page 64/240) . The whole sakhi was narrated by mukharbind of Baba ji , and can be read there.

Here is the link:  http://nanaksargurdwara.com/books/148-amleekbachansvakeelsinghpart4

• 6 years later...
On 4/26/2008 at 3:14 AM, karmjeet said:

What will happen if you recite the path of Chandi Di Var at night time ? I know it is not the maryada but still I am just curious . Has anyone ever recited at night ? :twisted:

When you do it in night time. Shaheed Singh can come to you and they can tell you to continue the path till morning or the can do whatever they want. I heard Katha from Giani Thakur Singh ji Patiale wale and they said it. If I told something wrong then correct me please

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2008 at 2:14 AM, karmjeet said:

What will happen if you recite the path of Chandi Di Var at night time ? I know it is not the maryada but still I am just curious . Has anyone ever recited at night ? :twisted:

Here is a personal experience of Bhai Kulbir Singh Ji on Gurmatbibek

https://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,34575,34611#msg-34611