~ Rare Picture Of Sant Nand Singh Ji Maharaj ~

SAadmin

yep thats them all right.

In another similar pic they have what appears to be a kachi-roti on their head (cant make out whether this one has it).

It used to be made of atta and ghee. They would place it on their head so that their skull would absorb all the ghee. After a few hours the roti would be dry as the ghee was fully absorbed into the head and would be replaced. Similar to when akand-pathhi's are given tons of ghee to eat to help them in their tasks.

Are those antlers placed before them?

Reading the caption in Panjabi - can someone tell me what Bulleh Shah has to do with this?

I think it says they are medititating at the location of Baba Bulleh Shahs Kabar (smaadh/grave memorial etc).

Please correct if that is the wrong interpretation.

Amazing photo, thanks for sharing N30. I think the antlers (and legs/hoofs on the right of the pic?) are simply part of the various animal hides Baba Ji are sitting on.

It's interesting.

A question arises in my mind...

Sants/Sadhs have historically (and presently) congregate at Tiraths in order to have 'Sadh Sangat' and obtain laaha of the generations of Samadhi which has been done on the soil (dhhoor)of these holy places.

We see for this exact reason - Nirmalai and Udasis setting up Akaarai at these places, to be graced with Sadh Sangat as well as to do Gurmat Parchaar.

In the Musalmaan tradition, the Kabars of Pirs are the equivalent of the 'Hindus' Tiraths... these places have also had generations of mystics meditate and do Sufi Parchaar etc...

Is there a difference in the 'importance and holiness' of these places?

I am not taking about seeing the Kabar or the Ganga as 'holy', but rather, the place where intense Tap and Dharmic parchar has been done/is done...

Especially would like to hear the views of veers like Tsingh... (and anyone else who can grasp the jist of my query).

Vaheguru.

Edited by shaheediyan

In another similar pic they have what appears to be a kachi-roti on their head (cant make out whether this one has it).

It used to be made of atta and ghee. They would place it on their head so that their skull would absorb all the ghee. After a few hours the roti would be dry as the ghee was fully absorbed into the head and would be replaced. Similar to when akand-pathhi's are given tons of ghee to eat to help them in their tasks.

thats very interesting, is this practised by any other sant mahapursh / sadhus?

does the fat from the ghee help the brain focus? i've heard fat does help the brain function

jsingh96

Ive never heard of any other sants doing the same.

I presume that they learnt these techniques from their guru Baba Maha Harnam SIngh ji - who were known to do very intense tapasya!

I do beleive the fat helps the brain when it is absorbed through the skull. I can try and spin some pseudo-science about it but am sure there are some medically/science trained guys here who can explain how this works.

jsingh96

Ive never heard of any other sants doing the same.

I presume that they learnt these techniques from their guru Baba Maha Harnam SIngh ji - who were known to do very intense tapasya!

I do beleive the fat helps the brain when it is absorbed through the skull. I can try and spin some pseudo-science about it but am sure there are some medically/science trained guys here who can explain how this works.

I'm not sure what Westerm medicine would have to say about this, but in Ayurvedic terms ghee is considered beneficial for anyone doing intense sadhanas. It's not uncommon for disciples to put melted ghee in the nostrils of their Gurdev when he is in samadhi for a long period of time. Sant Baba Jagjit Singh Harkhowale mentions such a practice in his autobiography also.

Regards,

K.

Ghee or Oil on the scalp is very important anyone who wants to do some serious Simran/Bhagati. Kind of works the same way engine oil protects the engine from overheating.

Even if you're planning to do a few hours of simran/paath, oil on the scalp is very beneficial.

If you don't, you'll feel the top of your head to be very hot, dry, and itchy and it will interfere with your concentration.

Even if you're not doing any intense bhagti, oil on the scalp will improve your concentration, alertness in daily life.

almond oil gives warmnes so its used in the hot season n other times use coconut oil or olive oil or ghee its true about this it releases heat from the head cause when u do simran bhagti wht eva it will use concentration n end product heat thts y u get head aches sometimes after few ours of meditation if im not mistaken even bhai rajinder singh told some one when dasam duar opened he had very very very very bad head ache he washed his hair put some oil im sure n continue untill it opened to anand:> wicked stories from sant sangat sangi:>:>

almond oil gives warmnes so its used in the hot season n other times use coconut oil or olive oil or ghee its true about this it releases heat from the head cause when u do simran bhagti wht eva it will use concentration n end product heat thts y u get head aches sometimes after few ours of meditation if im not mistaken even bhai rajinder singh told some one when dasam duar opened he had very very very very bad head ache he washed his hair put some oil im sure n continue untill it opened to anand:> wicked stories from sant sangat sangi:>:>

paaji, do u mean bhai rajinder singh ji chalda vaheer jatha?