How To Get Over A Crush?

These things wear off after time. Just avoid the person and keep your mind busy as much as you can to help speed the process.

depends who u have a crush on if its someone similar to your character why not get a friend or a vichola involved and take it from there since the other person may have a crush on you aswell...if you think this is unlikely then accept the truth and move on

Following on from PAL07: just talk to the girl - or guy.

Grab the bull by the horns, don't just dwell on it in your mind. it will eat you up. Either get all feelings of attraction out of your mind or take action.

When you take action two things can happen. Either the other person will say "thanks, very kind of you; but no thanks". or they'll be open to getting to know you as well!

This is all assuming the other is an appropriate person ie not some close ristadaar or some friends mother etc etc.

What have you got to loose?? Could be beginning of something beautiful!!!!!

I took this same thing to my priest one time after a GF had dumped me. What he made me realize was that I didn't want this girl, I wanted God. Sometimes we want God but we don't realize that is what we want. Thats what I think these crushes are... if you really really sit down and think about it I can promise you that you will find you don't want the girl you want something much bigger. Sometimes when I think like that I just imagine if I got what I wanted.... would I really be happy? Crushes etc. are a result of trying to fill a void with "stuff". No matter how much stuff you throw into it it will still be there. My life / relationships with women got much better after I realized this because I can see these desires for what they are and not expect having "the girl of my dreams" to make me happy 24/7.

Hope you made sense of some of that...

-W

To the last post it seems very intresting how Nirankar in sargun saroop can have characteristics such as red lips, masaccared eyes, glowing cat eyes, glowing fair skin (badami) and how the sufi and hindu saints used to sing about this and it turned into other types of songs now from kalaam and kirtan to kawali and bhangra now.

As for taking the bull by the horns it can be painful, lets say the bull can put it's horns into your heart

- i.e. The standard rejection line- "I barely Know you", "Your like a brother/sister to me", "it is not you it is me"

But I get how little we can think in terms of how great God may want for us.

Edited by sarbatdapala

Beauty

The world is the dowry given to man by the Universal Soul.

Of this marriage the issue is eloquence,

Knowledge, language, virtue, earthly beauty.

Heaven beauty descends from the unseen world,

Descends like some licentious reveller,

Sets up its flag in the strong city of earthly beauty,

Throws into confusion all the world's array.

Now riding royally on the steed of comeliness,

Now brandishing the keen sword-blade of language.

When beheld in a person it is called beauty,

And when heard in speech eloquence.

Saints, Kings, dervishes, apostles,

All alike bow down and own its sway.

What is this charm in the beauty of a fair face?

It is not merely earthly beauty, say what is it?

The heart ravishment can come only from "The Truth",

For there is no partner in Divine agency.

How can it be lust which ravishes men's hearts?

For "The Truth" now and again appears as evl.

Confess the "working" of "The truth" in every place,

set not foot beyond your own limits.

Know "The truth" in the garb of good is the true faith,

"The Truth" in the garb of evil is the work of Satan.

Translated by E.H. Whinfield by Mahmud Shabistari Sufi Poem

How about love from a past life?

hmmm i dont realy think that quantifies as "love" you can have a desire (icchha) for someone that you bring forth into this life.......love is God, god is beyond anything you could possibly comprehend. its best not to mix the two ideologies....True Love is True Bhagti....True Love will take you back to the Source....it will not send you back to the hell you are trying to escape from....