Dasam/Sarbloh Granth Sahib Question

vjkkvjkf

just a benti for those who know alot about sri dasam granth sahib & sarbloh granth sahib ji.

what ang is the sabad "tahgrdin teeran tukkan taragan" on in sarbloh granth or dasam granth

if its not in either, plz tell wheres its from (ie. frmo oral tradition or some other granth)

thz

vjkkvjkf

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this sounds like a tukh from the shabad

Sangeet Bhujang paryat shand:- jagardang nagardang bagardang baaji that Bhai Balbir Singh singhs beautifully.

I know Guru Gobind Singh sung the shabad but dont know the ang.

ya ur right it is , i love that sabad

that sabad is just about the sounds of war, if u ask any nihang, he'll tell u what each sound means.

As long as there are some ppl who know alot about Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji, could u guys tell where the following sabads are:

- "chataree koh poot hoe, brahmin koi nahee"

and

- "teero tanfangoo bahdoo raamjangoo, dhanak dhaar aneear kamand koorahara, panj shastar paravan"

thz

"chataree koh poot hoe, brahmin koi nahee"

http://www.gobindsadan.org/institute/dasam/pdf/v2_8.pdf

pdf page 22, 3rd paragraph from the top.

- "teero tanfangoo bahdoo raamjangoo, dhanak dhaar aneear kamand koorahara, panj shastar paravan"

not read this in so far in dasam granth, could be wrong, this may be from panth prakash... i dont know.

VJKK VJKF

It seems like u guys know ur stuff, so wanted to ask if anyone cud post a translation and transliteration of the Shabad 'Meri Abai Binti Sun Lejai'. Where does this shabad appear in Gurbani?

I really liked Baljeet and Gurmeet Naamdharis kirtan. Also does anyone have any other Bir Ras shabads done by these two other than 'Jaagardang Naagardang ... " ?

Thnks

they made mistakes in that link u gave mugermach.

the first word says "kaagardan", theres no gaga, it should be "kaagardang"

same with taagardang and other words in the sabad.

Yes you are right.I've said this before, but it's a shame that the Gobind Sadan Dasam Guru Granth rendition is full of Gurbani spelling/printing mistakes.

I recommend the 8 volume Steek of Dasam Granth by Pandit Gyani Narain Singh Ji.Get it now, it's good.

im looking in Bhai Randir Singh's (no not that randhir singh) book called "Shabadrth Dasam Granth Sahib", and in there it also has the same mistake as Gobind Sadan.

However, Surinder Singh Kolhis Translation of Sri Dasam Granth has the correct spelling.

man someones gotta come out with a sampooran translation of sri dasam granth sahib in english.

man someones gotta come out with a sampooran translation of sri dasam granth sahib in english.

And man someone has to learn gurmukh, punjabi and STOP relying on english translations...heheh :P... tut tut :D