Gay and lesbians in sikhism

Who really knows why gay poeple are gay? Some might have been a women in their last life and feel they are stuck in the wrong body and some are just sexual deviants. What about Bi's? Is there a Bisexual gene out there too? doubt it.

What about treating everyone equally and fairly what if a guy wants to marry 10 women and they all agree, should we drag them all in the gurdwara? We can go on and on and nothing is resolved. anyways don't think of Gay people as lower life forms then you but I would have to think they should meditate and turn straight or supress themselves from sexual activity with same sex.

Anyways I think it's general knowledge that Gay marraige isn't allowed in sikhi. If a son wants to marry his mother, is it allowed? I don't think so, we just have to use SGGS as the foundation and know what is right and what is wrong.

If gay marraiges ever were allowed in gurdwaras (which I don't think will ever be) I would not go to gurdwaras anymore , I would really have to second guess where sikhism has gone.

Would I oneday become an Amritdhari sikh? doubt it but I would still do naam simran and follow sikhism according to my beliefs.

Hi N30,

If gay marraiges were allowed in Sikhi can you imagine...sure we would get publicity and people from all nations would convert to sikhi BUT they would only convert becuase we allowed gay marraiges, I doubt most of them would care for the religon at all and many would start their own sikh cults.

How long would it take before the public labels us as the 'gay' religon. Little sikh kids being picked on in school not becuase of their turbans but because people think he follows a gay religon?

Khalsa is of the pure so I think gay marraiges will never be allowed. Can you imagine a force of weak gay guys wearing dastaar and complaining because they broke a nail. I do not think Guru Gobind Singh Ji envisioned this.

1. It will benefit for the gay and lesbian to come forward and keep themselves in this free environment

2. Sikhi will be the first relegion for accepting gays and lesbians through sikh scriptures. There would enrmonous publicity about it. (SINCE TRUST ME EVERY OTHER FOLLOWER OF THE RELEGION IS LOOKIN FOR EQUALITY AND LOGICAL IN THE RELEGION) SIKHI GOT ALL OF EM. Thats why you see loads of converts from christianity, hinduism. Two major relegions.

3. Gays and Lesbians from other relegions (IE- Christians gays and lesbians) would be accepted and attracted towards sikhism because their relegion doesnt allow homosexuality.

All i can say if sikhi was given to whites or blacks our relegion wont be plaqued with narrow minded people as if have now.

No my Sikhi isn't that weak but what does gurdwara have to do with sikhi? Gurdwaras depends from people to people and most are already fed up with the politics that go ont here but this thing would really end it for me.

y wud u stop visiting gurdwara if that hapened??

wats the gurdwara got to do wid it?? is your sikhi that weak?

ok where wud u go to do darshan of your guru....where would you find the sadh sangat??

instead of sayin this happens at my gurdwara or that happens, why dont you be a true singh and try and change it....make a voice...do something for the youth...look ath when the harmandir sahib was filled with mughal rulers and dancing girls...

do u think the singhs said "oh this is messed up...im gonna stop going gurdwara now" NO! they done something about it!

do u think when our gurdwareh were filled with all teh corruption and pointless rituals before the singh sabha movement that singhs thought "too mcuh pointless rituals happen there im gonna stop goin!" you can make a difference!! educate them...and if need be if someone is trying to get a marriage like that done go there n stop by education and if thatd doesnt work you do it physically!

a singh does not stand on the sidelines and complain!!

sorry to tell you guys that but Maharaja Ranjit Singh used to have a harem of young boys and God knows what happens in certain taksals....

Dear Penji could you plz enlighten us az to what MRS did with this Harem of young boyz? :roll:

• 17 years later...
14 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Sikhi is celibates with exception of Anand Karaj. You're right I think that Haram is Haram without distinction. 

Let's not make it a habit of using the lexicon of Abrahamic faiths in relation to our own thing bro i.e. haram.