life on other planets

greetings

life on other planets is this possible? there are 8.4 million species on this planet? what about the other planets?

man has been around for only a little bit of time, before that there was dinosaurs.. did god want man to arrive later? just like man came 2 be.. will man eventually be wiped out?

#well I remember this sakhi where Guru Nanak Dev ji went to Baghdad and when he started singing the Shabad

Lakh Patala Patal, Lakh akasha Akash

Muslims who believe in only 9 worlds i think, so the people got angry and went to thier peer / Holy man after hearing the shabad. He then came to Guru Nanak Dev ji with all the people ready to stone him and asked Guru Nanak Dev ji to Prove Wat he was saying.

Guru ji put his hand on the head of this young man who was the son of the holy man and they both visited various planets, and met various races (Aliens). Guru ji even brought parshad from a planet.

Where Guru Nanak Dev ji stayed, there is a Gurdwara in his memory. This Sikh Carpenter who made a throne for Saddam Hussain Got Saddam's permission to repair the Gurudwara, Its still there i belive. :)

So there is no doubt in my mind that Life on Other planets does exists.

#well I remember this sakhi where Guru Nanak Dev ji went to Baghdad and when he started singing the Shabad

Lakh Patala Patal, Lakh akasha Akash

Muslims who believe in only 9 worlds i think got angry and went to thier peer / Holy man. He then came to Guru Nanak Dev ji with all the people ready to stone him and asked Guru Nanak Dev ji to Prove Wat he was saying.

Guru ji put his hand on the head of this young man who was the song of the holy man and they both visited various planets, and met various races (Aliens). Guru ji even brought parshad from a planet.

Where Guru Nanak Dev ji stayed, there is a Gurdwara in his memory. This Sikh Carpenter who made a throne for Saddam Hussain Got Saddam's permission to repair the Gurudwara, Its still there i belive. :)

So there is no doubt in my mind that Life on Other planets does exists.

Wow, heard of that story too, amazing :)

Maybe in Bani it means infinite species of animals. Maybe there was no word for infinite in the past?

Or Maybe if you look at it this way there may be 8.4 million types of beings but ders sooo many of one being e.g. Us Humans, look at the world population of Humans.

THERES a lot of stars out there.... therefore a lot of planets.... and thatsall taht we can see with the hubblee... and our star is an 'average' star in an 'average' solar system (except with the fact taht therez one sun, an average system has two... mind u ours is jupiter.. technically) so yeah, I BELIEVE in other creatures beyond our earth... thats just plain selfish and ignorant to think we are the only living things on this planet along with the other species...

one

keep on smiling:)

I'm not sure what "lakh chauraasee" means to be exact.

IN some gurbani shabads, such as by Bhagat Trilochan jee "aree baaee gobind naam math beesrai" - this shabad gives many life forms. Prostitute, ghost, pig, snake, etc.

However it has not said "african snake" or "mid-western pig" it has just said the name of the animal.

I am guessing that each animal has some gun-augun (virtues and vices) and based on these each is a joon or "life-form" and there are 8.4 million of those.

It could be that pigs are all one life form, doesn't matter which type of pig. Lions are all one life form, doesn't matter which types of lion. However maybe when you get to humans this changes. You could be a ghost human, or a prostitute human, etc. Because humans are more definable as far as "gun-avgun." Therefore this could be the method of definition of the 8.4 million life forms.

I do not think Guru Sahib was giving a ball-park figure or an uneducated guess, Guru Sahib gave an exact number in Guru Sahib's infinite wisdom.

Gurbani is definately limitless and infinite and therefore Gurbani must address the life forms beyond this earth.

I don't know if the 8.4 million life forms are from this earth or also include aliens.

However Gurbani has said that God has created all creatures, and that there are many planets and many universes and many khands. I think more gurbani research would yeild a more satisfying understanding - but generally I think yes, Gurbani agrees that there is life away from earth and God has created it.

• 1 month later...

the movie that had the quote bout it bein a waste of space if we're the only ones here is Contact, which is an amazing movie. it had more to say than just that. i'd suggest it for neone with free time and the mood to think bout the universe and whether we're alone.

i personally dun think we're alone. really speaking, the universe is so massive that there just has to be some other intelligent beings out there. what'd be interesting to know is whether they believe in some sorta God or other and what their views are on spirituality.

If man is not limited to his physical body, but he is the creations of the cosmos, therefore it is rightfully trusted that the life exists everywhere because life is not limited to the naked eye or a physical palace. Life is Awareness, awareness that the farthest star is a part of you. Distance and Time are no longer a barrier. There are those that walk upon this earth without life. Where awareness lie, so exists life. Life exists because all that exists is Awareness. Awaken and behold the world not lie in the diameter of 24,000 miles, but in the infinite diameter of the cosmos. Everything is alive, nothing is dead.

The thought of another physical being constructed on a planet other than this world is very promising considering the infinite expansion of the Cosmos. I have heard that 98% of theis universe is Empty Space.

when the world was just devloping the small tribes were limited in their knowledge of what might exist beyond the horizon, the knew nothing of other continents of other species...The man mind is yet in the same position, except he has explored the horizon and back , but now he looks into the stars and the same curiousity exists as did in the man of those small tribes.

• 2 weeks later...

You are a sikh. You believe God is the perfect architect. So when he made the universe, he made all the stuff - matter forces etc, big bang what have you. He also made all the souls al at once. Now souls need homes, and so its like this. every soul has a home and every home has a soul. the home is a body, say a human body or an animal or whatever.

with me so far?

now here on earth the population of the species changes. sure it does? people die, some are born, animals get wiped, others go crazy and breed like rabbits. so say the net size of population is changing with time. it could be increasing or decraesuign. that doesnt matter.

alright. so now, lets see where these assumptions lead us!

-- bang! There is life elsewhere - away from the earth!!! -- bang!

how? well each time someone is born, that body needs a soul. so a soul goes in it! similarly each time someone dies, thats a soul without a home.

now what this all means is at any given point there must be another place where there are bodies and souls!

ie. all sikhs believing in the above assumptions MUST believe there is life elsewhere!!

ie. all sikhs believing in the above assumptions MUST believe there is life elsewhere!!

OR

2. believe in ghosts... lots & lots of ghosts (do animals have ghosts? :?)

3. believe in aliens & ghosts

4. believe in alien ghosts!

5. drink some desi & forget about the whole thing ;)