Bhavrasamrit Tika

tSingh

WaheGuruji Ka Khalsa WaheGuruji Ki Fateh

Well, its taken a while but here it is. They're published and waiting to be sent over to the UK. They should be available by mid September. This is a shameless press release.

Bhāvrasāmrit Tīkā

by Tirath Singh Nirmala

Published by Nirmala Educational Charitable Trust

Hardback, 212 pages

Release date: September 2006

The Nirmala Samprdāya is unsurpassed in its scholarly contribution to the Sikh literary tradition. Until now no translation has been made of any major work of the countless composed by this order of saint scholars. The Bhāvrasāmrit Granth is an 18th Century classic in the Braj Bhasha dialect by the great Nirmala scholar and saint Pandit Sādhū Gulāb Singh. The granth has formed a quintessential component of the traditional curriculum for Sants, Gyānīs and Prachāraks for over two hundred years. In content it is a poignant meditation on the nature of human suffering and the means to its cessation. Composed in captivating verse, the author provides a collection of insightful teachings including the importance of righteous action, the consequences of false attachment and the need for holistic spiritual practice.

Tirath Singh Nirmala, in keeping with the Samprdāya’s tradition, has supplemented the translated text with commentary using both Gurbani and Sanskrit shāstras, providing the reader with a greater depth of understanding. This is preceded by an extensive introductory section on various aspects of the tradition, author and his work.

Not only is this one of the earliest Nirmala tracts by one of its most distinguished scholars, but also an invaluable insight into the traditional understanding of the Khālsā and the Gurū during the late 18th century.

]Nirmala Educational Charitable Trust was established by Srīmān Sant Sher Singh Jī with the support of Srimān 108 Srī Mahant Gyān Dev Singh Jī to provide greater awareness of the Nirmala Samprdāya, to offer scholarships, and to establish educational colleges through charitable work. All proceeds from the sale of this book will go to the Trust to enable similar projects in the future.

Note that this book is a limited print run. Copies will be available in the UK at the Akharas of Nihang Niddar Singh and (presumably) DTF books in Birmingham priced at £4.

Anyone interested who is not in the UK can pm me. thanks

• 1 month later...

Good news for me. i got Tiraths new book. he sent me a signed copy from India. i feel so privaliged. it is a wonderful read from what i have read so far. i am amazed at how rapidly tirath has gained wisdom and knowledge which he has shown through his text. he has come a long way in the last 6 years i have known him. i recommend it to all.

A quick update, a parcel was sent 'by sea' a few days back to the UK of 50 books, there will be lots more going over in a few weeks. Ustad Niddar Singh said he'd be happy to sell them in the akharay, otherwise contact guv by pm on this forum when they arrive. They should take about a month or so to reach the UK.

thanks

• 2 months later...

Gurfateh

Good news, the first batch (only 40 or so) are now in the UK. They will be available from the akharas I presume. Price is smoewhere around 5 pounds or something (which goes back into the charity for future publications and the girls college being opened - no fat babas with gold watches over here sadly).

For those overseas who would like a copy, it shouldn't be too complicated so please pm me and reserve a copy. There will be a postage cost, and I have a paypal account.

I'm not sure yet whether dtf will be taking copies.

thanks

Tirath Singh

Tirath Singh, we have a huge store better than dtf here in canada called- Sacha Sauda, they have nirmale books, have no problem having them-

Here is there website, something you may want to consider sending books there - http://www.sacha-sauda.ca/1.html

just email them and find out how the process works, it be great seva. they usually get shipment from india every 6-8 months.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Gurfateh

I'm on the case with Canada.

Amazon, never. Firstly its not that kind of book (i.e. a very small edition, not so academically rigorous, plus I'm a firm believer that those who want to find this stuff will do so). Secondly, the money's meant to go back into the pot without any unnecessary exploitation/price ups so that more things can be published in the future, and nirmal shaheedi bunga in chamkaur sahib can develop its proposed educational program. Perhaps if there ever were a revised second edition (which would need a number of things improving/correcting) then I'd make a more concerted effort to get proper distribution.