marrying outside of religon

In the 52 hukams of Guru Gobind Singh , it states that a Sikh should never marry his daughter to a nonsikh. or mona etc, But for sons i think the usual practice if for the children to thake the religion of the father, so the offspring would be Sikhs even the Sikh son married a non-sikh. Duz this make sense?

I think from sikh socio-religious context maryada does not recommend to marry from other dharam mainly because of many obstacles ie- cultural clash as well as someone point out kids may face strong indentity crisis.. however from sikh mystical point of view, its perfectly alright. When I meant mystical context i meant between sant mandali ie- sant from sikh dharam marrying hindu santani etc.

I never heard of a hindu female saint.ever. enlighten me.

Well you have now

There are three requirements for someone to be a female Hindu Saint.

1. Female -They must be female.

2. Hindu - They are likely to be assoicated with one of the 6 'Hindu' Philsophies

3. Saint - They do saintly stuff such as bhagti, seva, parchar etc

If someone was to meet the requirements set out above it is likely they would be classed as a 'Hindu Female Saint' :shock: - not rocket science

I suppose or 'Guru Maa' would be considered by most as falling into that category, however I think I may have heard somewhere that she recieved her learning from nirmala samprada - I aplologise if I am wrong.

Another example: "Shree Maa'

http://www.amazon.com/Shree-Maa-Swami-Saty...i/dp/1887472495

There are three requirements for someone to be a female Hindu Saint.

1. Female -They must be female.

2. Hindu - They are likely to be assoicated with one of the 6 'Hindu' Philsophies

3. Saint - They do saintly stuff such as bhagti, seva, parchar etc

If someone was to meet the requirements set out above it is likely they would be classed as a 'Hindu Female Saint' :shock: - not rocket science

that's deep man! it's gonna take me a while to wrap my head around what u've said...

I would love to take credit, however all praise must go to my ustad under whos years of patience and teaching I have been able to share such divine knowledge with the sadh sangat.

It took me a while to understand it, my ustad kept telling me to interpret some things literally after years of bhagti I was able to accomplish this and reach the avasta of which so few have reached. With the power invested in me by God I am able to see through the non existent lines which do not need reading between and see things for what the really are, in the highest state of reality.

Anyway Guv think about it for a few years and do ardas for maharaj to give you guidance. Study ancient Sikh, Vedic and perhaps Islamic scriptures very closely and you may begin to understand, of course maintian high level of bhati throught your strive for knowledge.

Seek to understand and if after 5 years you have failed to get your head round it ... PM me. I was once at your level of understanding Guv, by defeating ego I am able to see and experience how you are feeling about your lack of understanding of divine philosophical concepts. Dont worry, I am sure maharaj will bestow their maha kirpa on you.

So let me get this straight to be a hindu female saint, you need to be a Hindu.. either male or female, and a saint?

Something doesnt feel quite right I havnt achieved any form of grand awakening of my soul from the above realisation.. Malwe da guide this fool for I am lost in the ocean of erm.. sikhawareness forum posts.

I'm feeling that too DB.

Malwa da dhaba, I respect your learning and all, but Guru Nanak spoke in the language of the people, not klingon. Maybe an analogy would help this ignorant fool understand a little more. I personally enjoy anything using rivers and oceans, just a suggestion. Thanks.

In certain 'anti-panthic' communities the wives of Hindu Gods are revered as Bhagatnis and Santnis.

They lived happily away from oceans and seas. Hope that helps.

Veerji i think its important to add that such groups are RSS, funded by the Indian Government, trained by FBI, supproted by CNN news network and work in collaboration with ABC123 - a new lethal organisation aiming to end Sikhi as we know it.They also have a sponsorship deal with NASA who provide them with travel to go beyond the seas , oceans and skies to meet these bhagats. :evil: