Mistakes in Gutka and Gurbani Apps

3 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

When you listen to santhiya by Damdami Taksal on Gurmatveechar.com you will realize that there are numerous mistakes in SGGS saroops by SGPC.  Hopefully, SGPC and Damdami Taksal can come together, and solve this issue. 

Also, I have heard in one of the kathas that when they do Akhand Path Sahib at Akal Takht sahib they don't read ragmala bani. Is that true ?

In the 1960s, there was a conspiracy to change the mangals in Gurbani as well as remove Bhagat bani. If it had been not for the great mahapurush of that time such as Sant Ishar Singh Ji Nanaksar kaleran vale, rara sahib vale, Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa and many more, things would have been really bad for us. 

Bhai sahib please refrain from touching topics like Raagmaala. The whole Panth has come to a conclusion through advice by Panthic Scholars so let's not label it a conspiracy. Answering your question, it's not read at Akaal Takht Sahib but in Sri Darbar Sahib it is read.

Also, we can't rely on SGPC. SGPC is controlled by Malechhs. Initially Keski was a mandatory Rehat for bibis but sadly, just because the wife of a powerful SGPC leader refused to wear a keski, they didn't mention it in the Rehat Maryada. If we start pressurizing the SGPC to print only Larivaar Saroops, they would surely refuse. Their major revenue comes from 'selling' Guru Sahib Pad Ched Saroops to people (yes, selling because it is a business for them) and how would Badal read bani from Larivaar? (Maybe he doesn't even read any)

Anyways, it's also sad that despite having access to puratan handwritten saroops, Damdami Taksal Press has still adopted the current position of Manglacharans and taken only a few steps to correct spelling mistakes. It's in the hands of our generation now to do khoj and do research in puratan saroops like Talwara Ji and Vedanti Ji so that our Virsa can be preserved.

We need our generation to produce more of Pinderpals, Nirmal Singhs, Talwaras, Vedantis and Inderjeets. We desperately need a leader like Sant Attar Singh, Sant Kartar Singh, Bhai sahib Randhir Singh and Sant Jarnail Singh Ji to start another Gurudwara Sudhaar Lehar and preserve our khazaana before the RSS or BJP govt start their Aurangzebi Raaj.

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh India

@Soulfinderji, I think sangat here (including me) can't do much about Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji Baani. You can post mistakes in Aad Bani in Gutke and apps. I think sangat will be able to give more input on that.

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh 

Daas is pasting links of blogs by Bhai Manvir Singh UK who has done research on Mangals of bani. These blogs are related to the position of mangals in Gurbani, the mistakes which I highlighted in my first post under 'Example of Inaccuracy'.

Sri Anand Sahib

http://manvirsingh.blogspot.com/2021/04/sri-anand-sahib.html?m=1

Sri Jaap Sahib 

http://manvirsingh.blogspot.com/2021/04/historical-references-for-mangal.html?m=1

Sri Sukhmani sahib 

http://manvirsingh.blogspot.com/2021/02/beautifully-handwritten-sukhmani-sahib.html?m=1

Were these Santhiya tracks recorded after Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji went for Sachkhand? Because Daas has heard from many gursikhs that after Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji, the adding of bindi (when necessary to get correct meanings) was greatly reduced by paathis of Jatha Bhindran. 

Bhul chuk maaf 

Trimandeep Singh 

I have heard that uchaaran and putting of bindis has been changed in many words by paathis of Jatha Bhindran after Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji's achkhand gaman. 

One example is Sant Giani Mohan Singh Ji Bhindranwaale pronounced ਤ੍ਵਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ as ਤੁਐਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ whereas traditionally in all sampradas, ਤ੍ਵਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ was pronounced as ਤੁਅਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ.

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh 

15 hours ago, paapiman said:

IMHO, let's keep the topic open to ALL Gurbani (Sri Aad - including Sri Raagmala Sahib, Sri Dasam and Sri Sarabloh).

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

Bhai sahib I have no problem in discussing about Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Sri Dasam Guru Granth Sahib Ji or Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahib or Raagmaala. I said that because people can do more vichar and give more inputs for doubts in uchaaran or vishraam of Aad Bani. This is because we all are comparitively more familiar with the vishraams and Gurbani grammar applied in Guru Granth Sahib and it is easier to do arth vichar. Dasam Granth Sahib has more mehnge shabd from various languages. Eg: Shastar naam maala question of Soulfinder ji. If you can answer his query, then it would be great!

Doubts from banis of all granths are welcomed.

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh 

2 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Now these mistakes were spelling mistakes from scribes which got repeated and repeated as these older saroops were copied from and so on.

Were they all spelling mistakes or were any other major differences also noted by the scholars?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

20 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

The nitnem i use to help shudh ucharni is from Dal Panth and Giani Rann Singh says "ਤੁਐਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ" as well.

It's okay Bhai sahib. But from what Daas has heard, traditionally the uchaaran is ਤੁਅਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ only. Also, as WaheguruDaGulam Ji said, Bhagat Ji who was a student of Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa also says ਤੁਅਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ.

It's ok to discuss sensitive topics as long as we do it with respect and have the strength to acknowledge that others may not feel the same. I personally read Raagmala but have no problems with any Sikh who doesn't.

I have no problem in discussing these topics while being respectful to each other. However my thinking is that we are no scholars who can decide on an Online platform if it's bani or not. You will give me names of various Mahapurakhs and scholars and state their opinion and I'll do the same.

When the Rehat Maryada says bhog can be done at Mundawni or Raagmaala, it's over. Guru Khalsa Panth has decided this. However, your concerns about a uniform Rehat Maryada also can't be just ignored. We need to accept this. Even various mahapurush had certain differences in interpreting important updesh of guru sahib. But, ultimately we all are under an umbrella of Khalsa Panth.

So today if you compare the standard printed version to older saroops you are bound to find differences.

I understand this but atleast we can point out obvious mistakes and current gutke sahib. And the changing of position of manglacharan is a really big thing. Atleast, the position was same in all puratan saroops. So, let's not be discouraged and help each other : )

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh 

19 hours ago, paapiman said:

Were they all spelling mistakes or were any other major differences also noted by the scholars?

The essay I read said "differences" but I think these were mainly scribal errors.

34 minutes ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

When the Rehat Maryada says bhog can be done at Mundawni or Raagmaala, it's over.

I agree with this 100%. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that either is done, although I do read raagmala myself.